FDA: Cheerios not as healthy as they say

Full story: Newsday 34
The FDA told Cheerios cereal to stop making claims that it will lower cholesterol and treat heart disease Federal regulators have scolded the maker of Cheerios, saying the company made inappropriate claims about the popular cereal's ability to lower cholesterol and treat heart disease. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Elmont, NY

#1 May 12, 2009
Well, since the news isn't so cheerie, they might as well start calling it: "Gloomios."
Hugh G Rection

Peekskill, NY

#2 May 12, 2009
next thing Cheerios will tout is that they will say studies have shown that eating Cheerios 4 times a day will add increase libido
FormerNYPD

Kernersville, NC

#3 May 12, 2009
I new it for years. I hope my ex wife reads this...
DARKLE

Bronx, NY

#5 May 12, 2009
Oh no... even Cheerios lies to us! Not Cheerios...boo hoo...
DARKLE

Bronx, NY

#6 May 12, 2009
LI Faaaty Boom Batties wrote:
Like the Long Island fatties need to concern themselves about the healthiness of Cheerios. They probably deep fry them and eat them using the cooking grease as the milk.
Long Island DEVELOPERS are responsible for L.I. fatties. Developers put in NO SIDEWALKS or NEIGHBORHOOD PARKS (and nobody required them to do so!) for walking and exercise.

We live in CAR CULTURE: outta the house, into the car, outta the car, into the store, into the car, etc.

NO WALKING ALLOWED on Long Island. It's all about cars, if you want to go anywhere at all. There are no "neighborhoods" that are combined with small shops to walk to buy a quart of milk. You must get into the car, drive at least 5 miles and back to buy basics.

That's a life-style TO DIE FOR. Long Island has a high rate of heart attacks and other disease caused by sedentary, no-exercise life in dangerously silly suburbia designed by profiteers who "take the money and run" without giving anything to the community.

Thanks for the heart-attacks, you scoundrel developers and corrupt town trustees who let you get away with creating an expensive, sick car-culture.

“2014: The year we bashed Obozo”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#7 May 13, 2009
Count Chocula is probably better for you anyway
THE FRITO BANDITO

Bellport, NY

#8 May 13, 2009
What about oatmeal????
Commie Stooge

Teaneck, NJ

#9 May 13, 2009
I've long tuned out commercials. As Marion Nestle wrote in her book; the FDA has become a tool of the food industry.
Kong

Venice, FL

#10 May 13, 2009
The FDA backs drugs that also inappropriately advertise too!! Some will even kill you!!
Binky

Norwalk, CT

#11 May 13, 2009
A beer and Fig Newtons breakfast is the best way to start your day. Keeps you regular and cheerful.
bobby

West Hempstead, NY

#12 May 13, 2009
the lone ranger would be pi.s.s. ed off with report. now tonto can stop making them.
Feed Up

Hicksville, NY

#13 May 13, 2009
LI Faaaty Boom Batties wrote:
Like the Long Island fatties need to concern themselves about the healthiness of Cheerios. They probably deep fry them and eat them using the cooking grease as the milk.
Hey, dopey they only fry like that in the south.
Blanca

White Plains, NY

#14 May 13, 2009
I do not like when they said the cheerios lover the cholesterol and good for heart disease and is not truth.They do that just to sell they do not care about the people, they just mind. I can see the faces laughin or smiilling of the people.
mrstretch

United States

#15 May 13, 2009
Binky wrote:
A beer and Fig Newtons breakfast is the best way to start your day. Keeps you regular and cheerful.
Cigarettes & coffee are the "BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS"...more people on planet have that for breakfast that everything else COMBINED...
BULL BULL BULL

Wildwood, FL

#16 May 13, 2009
The FDA won't allow it because Big Money lobbyies to the government to stop such a thing from happening. Big Money would lose, well.. a lot of money it they were allowed to. People will stop buying perscription drugs all together, once they found out exactly how to use herbal remedies correctly.
CaveGuy

Coram, NY

#17 May 13, 2009
can we get the Obozo administration to stop making false claims about economic health?
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#18 May 13, 2009
Cherrio's have been marketed this way for twelve years. And now the FDA is going to save us. What timing to further increase our nation's economic woes. Is the FDA going to introduce a new "Chinese" cereal instead? One wonders what is really going on in our government!
connectthedots

San Antonio, TX

#19 May 13, 2009
wait a minute folks. noone said that cheerios doesnt do exactly what they claim, the fda is just saying theyre not allowed to put that on the box because its not FDA approved. but i say fcku the FDA.
Captain Jim

De Leon Springs, FL

#20 May 14, 2009
connectthedots wrote:
wait a minute folks. noone said that cheerios doesnt do exactly what they claim, the fda is just saying theyre not allowed to put that on the box because its not FDA approved. but i say fcku the FDA.
Exactly! I know for a fact that it does exactly as it claims. Adding Cheerios to my diet took my cholesterol down in 6 weeks. Made me a believer. This is nothing more than the drug lords being upset because someone is stepping in their turf and taking money out of their pockets. The FDA can Bite My A. They sold out long ago.
with the moms

Orlando, FL

#21 May 14, 2009
I'll tell you what. Some of the cholesterol-lowering drug makers got in the ear of the FDA and told them that Cheerios is hurting their bottom line. So the mighty and stupid FDA (the same FDA that pays SOOOO much attention to Cheerios marketing, while at the same time allows abortion pills OTC to under-age minors and wants to regulate tylenol too) decided to kowtow to more external pressures and play their hand.
Stupid FDA. It's more like, F-DUH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global Consultants For Agricultural Research 14 hr Davidbrownn 1
Improvement in Plants & Crop Dec 16 Davidbrownn 1
Research Experiments Performed On Over 50 Crops... Dec 15 Davidbrownn 1
How Does Genetics Affect Crop? Dec 15 Davidbrownn 1
Making agricultural sustainable is crucial for ... Dec 9 Davidbrownn 1
mice as an agricultral benifit Nov '14 rick stanley 1
Corn Peeling Machine Innovation Nov '14 wintone machinery 1
More from around the web