Smoking policy cloudy for ecigarettes

Smoking policy cloudy for ecigarettes

There are 46 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Mar 2, 2014, titled Smoking policy cloudy for ecigarettes. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

Manager Jordan Salkil, left, and sales clerk Austin Zaborowski 'vape' an ecigarette behind the counter at the Revolver Electronic Cigarettes & Vapor Lounge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 2, 2014
Vapers are STILL nicotine addicts, and nicotine addicts routinely behave in selfish, ignorant ways and ignore the possibility that their activity could harm others. Companies that do not hire smokers recognize this and will not hire vapers because of the nicotine use that shows up during drug testing. Vapers, like smokers, need to address their addiction, get help and quit sucking in hot, toxic gasses into their lungs. Vapers who cannot do this should stay at home, out of the public view and keep their shameful addiction to themselves.
DumbDown4Knuckle Draggers

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Mar 2, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
Vapers are STILL nicotine addicts, and nicotine addicts routinely behave in selfish, ignorant ways and ignore the possibility that their activity could harm others. Companies that do not hire smokers recognize this and will not hire vapers because of the nicotine use that shows up during drug testing. Vapers, like smokers, need to address their addiction, get help and quit sucking in hot, toxic gasses into their lungs. Vapers who cannot do this should stay at home, out of the public view and keep their shameful addiction to themselves.
Yea as IF they will quit as long as they indulge in another way. The key is death. Make cigs deadly and we can kill off the baboons sooner.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#3 Mar 3, 2014
Thank you for proving the profound ignorance of liberal thinking. More proof that libs act only on how they feel instead of looking at the facts.

If liberals dislike something, they demand it become illegal so that nobody else can partake in it. E cigarettes must look offensive to them and they can't have anyone in their presence "looking offensive", despite the fact that they're emitting water vapor.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#4 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
Pray tell, what activity could a vaper undertake that would harm others, other than those that non-vapers would undertake?

Location hidden

#5 Mar 3, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell, what activity could a vaper undertake that would harm others, other than those that non-vapers would undertake?
Pray tell, God himself could come down here and tell a nicotine addict what they were doing was bad for them and others and they STILL would not believe it. Therefore it is a waste of time to provide you with links that you could easily find for yourself if you were so inclined.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Thank you for proving the profound ignorance of liberal thinking. More proof that libs act only on how they feel instead of looking at the facts.
If liberals dislike something, they demand it become illegal so that nobody else can partake in it. E cigarettes must look offensive to them and they can't have anyone in their presence "looking offensive", despite the fact that they're emitting water vapor.
Water vapor and other stuff, too. A fresh pile of dogshit emits visible water vapor on a cold morning and I have yet to see a smoker get down on the ground and waft that vapor directly into their nose. So the water vapor is only a delivery method for something else. There is nicotine, which vapers try and assure us is harmless, yet nicotine is used as an insect killer all over the world. There are many other ingredients in there, most of which are not listed- or do you actually believe that they only use the essence of strawberries to give something a strawberry flavor? Many of these devices are made in third world countries, including China with little to no oversight as to safety. Heating the chemicals up inside of these devices changes some of the chemicals in ways that we cannot be sure of and there is no long term safety study available at this point as the devices are still relatively new.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#7 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell, God himself could come down here and tell a nicotine addict what they were doing was bad for them and others and they STILL would not believe it. Therefore it is a waste of time to provide you with links that you could easily find for yourself if you were so inclined.
But....it came off your keyboard so authoritatively, bud.

Surely you have something, anything, in response to my question.

How are vapers harming others? Isn't that a fairly simple question?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#8 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I've got no evidence, so I'll just dodge the question.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#9 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
we cannot be sure of and there is no long term safety study available at this point as the devices are still relatively new.
Ha-ha!! You just admitted you've got no evidence of anything and are talking out of your ars. Thanks! You said it better than I ever could!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#10 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Water vapor and other stuff, too. A fresh pile of dogshit emits visible water vapor on a cold morning and I have yet to see a smoker get down on the ground and waft that vapor directly into their nose. So the water vapor is only a delivery method for something else. There is nicotine, which vapers try and assure us is harmless, yet nicotine is used as an insect killer all over the world. There are many other ingredients in there, most of which are not listed- or do you actually believe that they only use the essence of strawberries to give something a strawberry flavor? Many of these devices are made in third world countries, including China with little to no oversight as to safety. Heating the chemicals up inside of these devices changes some of the chemicals in ways that we cannot be sure of and there is no long term safety study available at this point as the devices are still relatively new.
6 posts before the scatological reference.

You're slipping, bud. I've seen you play that card 5 posts in before.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#11 Mar 3, 2014
Maybe we should ban swimming too, eh? After all, your risk of drowning goes up exponentially when you enter the water. I'd say that's an untapped health hazard that you and your useless liberals should tackle.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha-ha!! You just admitted you've got no evidence of anything and are talking out of your ars. Thanks! You said it better than I ever could!
Actually, there is PLENTY of evidence that ETS is bad. That is why smoking bans are in place. There is NO evidence that e cigs are safe and that is why they are being included in an increasing number of bans. Nicotine addicts do not deserve our consideration, so we do not listen to them. They have lied about all sorts of things before including trying to make everyone believe that ETS is ok despite mountains of evidence that it is not.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 3, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
But....it came off your keyboard so authoritatively, bud.
Surely you have something, anything, in response to my question.
How are vapers harming others? Isn't that a fairly simple question?
Vapers are nicotine addicts who can provide no credible evidence that vaping is not harmful to others. Therefore we will include vaping in the same category as smoking. Maybe the vapers need to look at their addiction and see what they can do about that instead of crying like little girls when we tell them they cannot vape here. Almost like "Baby want pacifier" Geez. What happened? Mama give yo bad tit or something?

Location hidden

#14 Mar 3, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
6 posts before the scatological reference.
You're slipping, bud. I've seen you play that card 5 posts in before.
Dogshit and smokers breath rank up there about the same category as offensive. Too bad sokers can't smell how bad they stink.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#15 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Maybe we should ban swimming too, eh? After all, your risk of drowning goes up exponentially when you enter the water. I'd say that's an untapped health hazard that you and your useless liberals should tackle.
You're missing the overarching point here, Pete.

The one thing that would make that swimming ban movement you suggest here have "legs":

The smell.

Swimmers smell like chlorine. I shouldn't have to smell that. Suppose a swimmer is standing in front of a public place, and I have to walk by him/her. The horror.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#16 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there is PLENTY of evidence that ETS is bad. That is why smoking bans are in place. There is NO evidence that e cigs are safe and that is why they are being included in an increasing number of bans. Nicotine addicts do not deserve our consideration, so we do not listen to them. They have lied about all sorts of things before including trying to make everyone believe that ETS is ok despite mountains of evidence that it is not.
ETS isn't deadly. It can be an irritant, but it's not deadly.

No one's dropped dead from inhaling ETS. Not a single soul. Ever.

Primary tobacco smoke is probably dangerous, and no one serious has suggested prohibition of tobacco. It remains a legal product and the states reap millions of not billions in tax revenue from sales.

There's plenty of evidence that scented water vapor with traces of nicotine isn't dangerous. No one's dropped dead from vaping, and they're getting it full blast.

Irrationality and junk science is what doesn't deserve consideration, bud.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#17 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Vapers are nicotine addicts who can provide no credible evidence that vaping is not harmful to others. Therefore we will include vaping in the same category as smoking. Maybe the vapers need to look at their addiction and see what they can do about that instead of crying like little girls when we tell them they cannot vape here. Almost like "Baby want pacifier" Geez. What happened? Mama give yo bad tit or something?
Earlier, in another thread possibly, you said you had no issue with nicotine gum or the nicotine patch.

Why now the Carrie Nation spiel RE: nicotine?

I think the burden is upon you (or your collective "we) to prove that vaping is harmful. It's not my burden to prove a negative.

It resembles smoking, visually-is that your big problem?

Let us know.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#18 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogshit and smokers breath rank up there about the same category as offensive. Too bad sokers can't smell how bad they stink.
I know what smoker's breath smells like.

Sorry I'm not in your league RE: smelling dog excrement. I leave that to you, the expert.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#19 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and that's you taking the circuitous route to say-

"I can't credibly state that vaping is harmful."

Thanks for playing.
are you sure

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too convinced of your own bs to even realize how stupid you sound. Vapers can buy about any flavor you can think of. My children actually think the vanilla smells real good and don't mind their dad and I using ours right in the room with them or in the car. If I smell at all due to using my vape it would be the sent of vanilla and when you smelt that in your momma's kitchen when she was making cookies or other crap that let's face it....Michelle Obama says are really bad for your fat ass, you enjoyed the smell of vanilla. It is just that if someone smells that way because they do something you don't and you don't agree with it is all the sudden offensive. So is a bunch of the perfume I am forced to smell on woman that is so strong at times you can feel that crap in your throat! Also men have some pretty strong offensive scents they have no problem spraying all over their ass because they think if it says AXE on the can every single one must be so good we want to smell it a block away.

But, others have rights too just like I do. So I just suck it up and go on and be thankful that I am not so freakin bored with my life or so absolutely miserable in my life that I have to spend my time trying to make everyone else just as miserable. Suck it up cupcake.....it's freakin vapor! With all the varieties of flavors they have I'm sure they even have a few that are appealing to miserable aholes. Keep running around trying to sniff people's ecig vapors enough before they disappear in a breeze and I'm sure you'll run across one or two you wouldn't mind if you weren't such a pathetic soul.

Miserable people like mean people really suck....even more than a smoker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIPC to bring Pasta Lensi line to United States (Sep '08) Jun 27 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
News Body found on Anoka golf course, foul play susp... (Mar '09) Jun 27 AmPieJam UncleSam 30
La causa de bajo rendimiento de molino para maíz Jun '17 Sophiazhao 1
El desarrollo técnico de molino para maíz en el... Jun '17 Sophiazhao 1
?Cómo mejorar el valor del molino para maíz en ... Jun '17 Sophiazhao 1
?Cómo mejorar los beneficios económicos del mol... Jun '17 Sophiazhao 1
?Cómo puede el molino para maíz desarrollar ráp... Jun '17 Sophiazhao 1
More from around the web