Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hostess to negotiate with union

Nov 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NOLA.com

Striking workers Nam Phan, left, and Randy Goodwin picket outside a Hostess Brand plant, last week in Biddeford, Maine.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of93
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

gee how much of a paycut will the ceo and upper management take...... ya right
hostess lover

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

get rid of the unions and get people in there that will work for a descent wage without taking the company under..you can't pay someone $30 to make bread and snack cake and expect to stay in business... I say do away with the unions...they are a rip-off ...thank you RIGHT-TO-WORK laws..
jwachh

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Hostess lover....
You can't stay in busines when the CEO gives himself a 300 percent increase either. Do a little research on this subjuect, and you will find out what the facts are behind this bankruptcy. The union is not to blame.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I wont buy what a judge orders, Thats the problem. Unions and the government with their new black massa at the big house
xoxo

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Brian go f**k yourself
hostess lover

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

I say you still get rid of the union...if hostess goes under you loss your pension and your job..atleast if you keep your job you'll have a chance to get all that back in a few years...if you go on unemployment your only going to get 47% of your wages...let's see if you can live off that.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

These bozos think they are entitled to more just like their buddies, the welfare trash, when they ask for "mo gimmies"
Thats why welfare etc should be eliminated. work or starve. Thats the way this country became great, not by handing out giveaways to the trash class
FormerHostessLov er

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Brian, you don't know what you're talking about. You need to experience a bit of poverty to get your understandings straight.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Union bozo begging for money at Indianapolis plant
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/money/business...
deep

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

the ceo's and big guns got big raises(almost double their wages) before the contract was approved. so yes they also get an 8 percent pay cut but they will still be making much more than they were before the banruptcy was filed.
tootled

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I hope they can work something out, I need my job back!
Tail_lites

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I worked for IBC for many years and found they paid me a very fair wage indeed even tho at Merita and Dolly Madison we were not union, why is there a need to have some high paid union leader to speak for you when if things go bad he's not the one loses his job. If the union workers vote not to accept the company's offers over and over then they need to reek what they sow !!!!
hostess lover

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Their are tons of America's that would love to make half of what these union workers are making..and work twice as hard...but I guess all they can do is complain about upper management...think about the 18,500 people this is affecting and their families - guit complaining and go back to work..you should be happy you have a job to go to...I say give the jobs to someone who will appreciate them...get rid of the bakers union...and keep Americans working!
hosess wife 1

Biddeford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

do you like people stealing from you
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Hey Hostess wife. With your husband out of a job do you plan on becoming a stripper or a streetwalker to help ends meet?
Just askin
hostess lover

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Would you rather your husband make a whole lot less money and benefits ??? Or would you rather he be on unemployment and make 40 percent of what he's making now?? That's why I say stop complaining and just go back to work.. In a few years he will get all that back and 25 percent of the company... I say it's a no brainer.. the American union workers are just spoiled and protected so much by there unions... That's why I say do a way with the Baker's Union..
learn to live

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I hope they come to some kind of agreement.I have worked for the indpls plant for 14 yrs. Now and I worked through the strikes,because I need my jod and I don't want to be unemployed.(Me) I would like to keep my job so that me and my family can keep a roof over our head and food in the fridge for my children.That's what's important to me.keeping my job!
outlaw

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

To Brian. You are just a Racist piece of sh*t that doesn't have a clue about what's going on.
Dick

Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Brian wrote:
Hey Hostess wife. With your husband out of a job do you plan on becoming a stripper or a streetwalker to help ends meet?
Just askin
no but I do think he would stuff his Twinkie up your ass
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Dick wrote:
<quoted text>no but I do think he would stuff his Twinkie up your ass
That "wife" is a he?? OMG, no wonder you dodos have to go
I'd fired ya a long time ago

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of93
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••