Battery in Honeywell locator eyed in ...

Battery in Honeywell locator eyed in 787 fire probe: source

There are 2 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 15, 2013, titled Battery in Honeywell locator eyed in 787 fire probe: source. In it, Reuters reports that:

Investigators are looking into whether the fire on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner in London last week was caused by the battery of an emergency locator transmitter built by Honeywell International Inc shares regained most of what they lost on Friday on news of the fire on a parked 787 at Heathrow airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

flightdeck

Reading, UK

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Outside of all the Media Hype,it is concerning,that what seems to be an on going problem with the electrics with 787,doesn't really seem to be going away.I support Airbus coming from the UK but I also know,that what is happening to Boeing could just as easily have happened over here. We need to know why,and soonest,if only to alay growing public concern about the "new breed" of aircraft coming on line.
Lets NOT get into a slanging match about which is best and all that,it does not serve our interests,lets see these problems solved. Good luck to Boeing.
Normand

Daveluyville, Canada

#2 Jul 16, 2013
flightdeck wrote:
Outside of all the Media Hype,it is concerning,that what seems to be an on going problem with the electrics with 787,doesn't really seem to be going away.I support Airbus coming from the UK but I also know,that what is happening to Boeing could just as easily have happened over here. We need to know why,and soonest,if only to alay growing public concern about the "new breed" of aircraft coming on line.
Lets NOT get into a slanging match about which is best and all that,it does not serve our interests,lets see these problems solved. Good luck to Boeing.
Bravo, vous raison cher ami, si Airbus a des problèmes nous n'allons le savoir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aerospace-Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honeywell shuts Teterboro aviation plant (Mar '07) Aug 3 Bob B 43
News First of new fleet of warships to be called HMS... Jul 21 anonymous 1
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun '17 sdwayne 5,496
News General Electric Announces Jeff Immelt Will Ste... Jun '17 Fred 1
News GE Fanuc Joint Venture Dissolved (Aug '09) Jun '17 Ex GE Fanucer 18
News The Real Story of Fired FBI Director James Comey May '17 Dee Dee Dee 2
News GE to shift work, jobs to Fort Worth locomotive... (Apr '13) Mar '17 joe in pa 48
More from around the web