UAW falls 87 votes short of major vic...

UAW falls 87 votes short of major victory in South

There are 29 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Feb 15, 2014, titled UAW falls 87 votes short of major victory in South. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Instead of celebrating a potential watershed moment for labor politics in the region, UAW supporters were left crestfallen by the 712-626 vote against union representation in the election that ended Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#28 Feb 22, 2014
Quick silver wrote:
<quoted text>
What skool was dat you went? Do yiz even have skools down there in dem parts?
What is it about the south? Is there somethin' in the water? Why is it you people don't know what's good for you? So darn brain dead. I am amazed! I'm sure the Germans are raising a stein in your honor and laughing all the way to the bank! But again, the top 1% thanks y'all so dang much. God bless all yiz!!!
Is there something in the water there to the point that a basic map doesn't even compute with you? KS be in the MIDDLE of the country scooter, we ain't from the south, durrrrr. And we be right to work here and we also be planning on staying that way so what they do in the south makes no never mind to us "southern middle of the freakin country Kansans", geesh....ya dumbass.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#30 Feb 22, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>If the thought of changing the oil on your own causes you to shrink back in terror, then yes, those VW' s can be daunting.
I said it was more difficult, not that I couldn't or wouldn't do it.

If your experience "working on cars" is limited to changing oil, I can see why you couldn't comprehend my previous statement.
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#32 Feb 23, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
As an owner of American, "Jap" and VolkswagEn cars, I can assure you the VWs are indeed more difficult to work on.....
Yeah, right.
Wait till you have to slap a water pump on that super cool Jetta. Or diagnose a TDI drivability problem.
Even better, try to fix the automatic fuel door opener on your Bug, or for that matter just change the headlight bulbs.
Over engineered complete German garbage.
They are 5 year cars that's it.
I'll take a soulless Jap car that will work perfectly for 12 years with an oil change every 3 months and new tires every 2 years.
This however does not apply to Mitsubishi vehicles, They suck.
And in 5 more year the Koreans will be making the bestest cars in the world.

By the way there are no unions in ANY of the Jap car company plants in the US.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#33 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>If that is what you thought I meant, you're an idiot, and you deserve your Jap piece of shit.
"Jap piece of shit"

Further proof you have no idea what you are talking about......
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Feb 23, 2014
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Over engineered complete German garbage.
They are 5 year cars that's it.
I'll take a soulless Jap car that will work perfectly for 12 years with an oil change every 3 months and new tires every 2 years.
This however does not apply to Mitsubishi vehicles, They suck.
Own both 12 year old "Jap" and VW cars, VW has aged much better but has a lot of PITA nuisance problems that can be expensive to fix. The only way to afford a 12 y/o VW is to work on it yourself.

Not all Japanese cars are soulless either.

Agree on Mitsu, they are Japan's version of MOPAR....

BTW, I think you responded to the wrong post.......
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#37 Feb 23, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Own both 12 year old "Jap" and VW cars, VW has aged much better but has a lot of PITA nuisance problems that can be expensive to fix. The only way to afford a 12 y/o VW is to work on it yourself.
Not all Japanese cars are soulless either.
Agree on Mitsu, they are Japan's version of MOPAR....
BTW, I think you responded to the wrong post.......
that's what I get for replying drunk. I don't see so good drunk
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#39 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>Ok Mister Mechanic, tell me how easy it is to work on your Toyota. LOL!
LOL!

I don't own a Toyota!

LOL!
LOL!
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>Toyota, Honda, Subaru, whatever, it's all the same Crap. But I see you've avoided the question. LOL!! LOL!!
What was the question again?

LOL! You didn't ask one, review your last post again and you will see......

LOL!
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#43 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>Heh,heh..Once again, how easy is it for you to work on your Asian wonder car?
LOL!!
For the few things I've actually had to work on - pretty easy!

Thanks for asking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US reports rogue listening devices placed in DC Apr 15 DeDominicis 7
News Why Net Neutrality Has Sparked a Whopper of a F... Apr 13 Joseph DeDominicis 2
News The Latest: FCC official targets lack of broadb... Apr 13 Joseph DeDominicis 1
News DHS finds suspected phone spying in Washington Apr 13 Joseph DeDominicis 2
Chubby Dating Site for Chubby Chasers and Chubb... Apr 11 mason 2
Where to find the best interracial dating site? (May '15) Apr 11 mason 16
Using Tradelines, Seasoned Primary Trade Lines (Jun '08) Apr 6 Chris Bauer 68