High Fashion, Low Function: With Goog...

High Fashion, Low Function: With Google Glass and iWatch

Posted in the Business News Forum

Since: Jul 13

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
Source:
http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/technology...
Every year, Gallup polls Americans about their favorite industry, and it’s a beauty pageant that Silicon Valley rarely loses. In 2012, the results were even more lopsided than usual; a remarkable 73% of respondents gave computer technology companies a positive rating, with the restaurant industry placing a distant second at 59%.
This popularity is both increasing, and increasingly visible. Tech has been booming for three decades, but it wasn’t until 2010’s The Social Network that Hollywood gave the industry big-screen treatment. In the '90s, flicks like Pirates of Silicon Valley were cannon fodder for cable networks. Today, it’s entirely natural that the Sundance Festival should close with a biopic about Steve Jobs, and that he should be performed by celebrity-actor-dude Ashton Kutcher.
"Geek Pride Day" has become a thing, and geek-chic glasses a national obsession. Justin Bieber regularly sports them, and so does Rihanna – who just replaced him as YouTube’s most-watched-person-ever. A Google search for "fake nerds" will convince you that, not only are they a problem, they’re an epidemic. The Wall Street Journal tells us that Ivy League graduates are choosing tech over finance, and nine months after leveraging Big Data into a huge electoral win, president Obama recently announced his intention to remake Washington in the tech industry’s image,“user-friendly” and “digitally accessible.”,newport international group
Read more:
http://newportintlgroup.com/
http://www.slideshare.net/liliancoelho29/newp...
jellybrown

Seattle, WA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
I wanted to thank you for this great I definitely loved every little bit of it.
gailenas

Germany

#3 Jul 17, 2013
as usual another superb work! from you,thanks.it really helps,Salute!
jasminnevillegas

Switzerland

#4 Jul 17, 2013
I'm impressed. I dont believe Ive met any person who knows as considerably about this subject as you do
jurishuston

London, UK

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Youre really properly informed and extremely intelligent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MOORE'S DELECTABLES, LLC - TheDecorUnique 31 min moore75 1
News Poor could receive subsidies for Internet acces... 40 min Go Blue Forever 16
The Cotswold Group United Kingdom - Our Process 16 hr queeniedavidson 1
News Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Aja... (Sep '07) 20 hr Big Green Yes 4,642
kerry's south end scoop Thu kerryskwikstop 1
The Cotswold Group Who We Work For Wed queeniedavidson 1
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) May 26 Brown Sugar 38,802
More from around the web