Prison price gouging costs us all mon...

Prison price gouging costs us all money in the end

There are 1 comment on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 15, 2012, titled Prison price gouging costs us all money in the end. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

For two decades now, politicians and public scolds have sold America on the idea of a sterner penal system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Ohio Wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Dec 15, 2012
I hope that many people read up on how prisons have become a business to make money off of families who can't afford the money they send to loved ones for hygiene and medical needs that the prisons use to provide and now insist the inmates buy. And if the inmates don't keep their bodies and clothes clean, the prisons can punish them for it. It is bs. Many say they get what they deserve. They don't bother to learn that many inmates are first time offenders for non violent crimes. They don't read about people who are in there for driving deaths, parents whose kids are dead because they weren't watchful enough, and so many locked up over "weed" for personal use which is also bs. It is time for the public to remember that many are good, decent people who made one mistake. Our laws need to be looked over as many are extreme and only fill our courts and prisons at cost to US, the taxpayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make $100,000+ just from owning a blog! Aug 16 Bruce-Willis 1
Black women dating white men, white women looki... Aug 15 MAY22 12
Black Women White Men | White Women Black Men Aug 15 Kikina 8
Tips for Google AdWord Management Aug 14 SummerBB8 1
News Kenyans Vote in Presidential Election, Amid Fea... Aug 11 John 5
Black Women and White Men Dating Site Aug 10 BlacktoWhite 5
Fish Face Goods Aug 10 Fishtroy 1
More from around the web