Residential Concepts, RCI, www.rciky.com- stay away, Lexington KY

Posted in the Business News Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alaska Trooper

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 22, 2014
Stay away if approached. They cannot make good on the 25% energy savings "guarantee". This material doesn't save 25% on energy bills- think about it, if it did, every house across USA would already have it. You can't claim the 25% "guarantee" on them until 1 year is passed after purchase. At that point, good luck finding them to get your "guarantee payment". The "NASA material" (lots of manufacturers make this stuff) they use costs about 20 cents per square foot in bulk- you can buy it yourself online. They quote you way, way more than that on square foot basis. The difference is their massive profit. Check out how briefly they've been BBB listed and when the dissolved company was restated by KY secretary of state. My grandma in Lexington almost got ripped off by these folks and was going to borrow money to pay them big time, for energy bill savings she'd never see and a guarantee she'd never be able to find them to collect on. Just google "radiant barrier scam". These pop up all over the US from time to time. Had them in Alaska- different owners, same story. This material provides 5% or so average energy savings, at most. Buyer beware. "If it seems to good to be true"...(you fill in the blank)
Green Rater

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jun 26, 2014
Hey dumbass. I have this in my home. I actually saved 60% in December and January, with an annual average of 39%. And the reason the guarantee goes by one year, is you have to be able to compare the annual savings from the 12 months prior to having the product to 12 months after installation. Think about it. You can't compare your April bill(when you're not running your a/c or heat with your last January or February bill. And I'm a certified energy Rater. I do home inspections to certify homes with a "green certificate". I evaluate products like these everyday for a living. And in Alaska, yes , the average savings is 9%. But here in Kentucky, the state average is 35.1%. It's all based on climate and geographical region. That's why the average savings in Florida is 41%. Oh, and by the way..... This product was put in to California state building code this year. You've never even done business with them or talked to anyone from RCI. I thoroughly researched this company before doing business with them. Do you seriously think that they are scamming everybody but somehow, MAGICALLY have 5 star Angie's list and yellowpages.com reviews? Seriously??? Do you work for a competing company? Maybe a disgruntled ex-employee? Sounds like you were just more concerned with your inheritance than your grandmas comfort and energy savings. That's just sad.
Alaska Trooper wrote:
Stay away if approached. They cannot make good on the 25% energy savings "guarantee". This material doesn't save 25% on energy bills- think about it, if it did, every house across USA would already have it. You can't claim the 25% "guarantee" on them until 1 year is passed after purchase. At that point, good luck finding them to get your "guarantee payment". The "NASA material" (lots of manufacturers make this stuff) they use costs about 20 cents per square foot in bulk- you can buy it yourself online. They quote you way, way more than that on square foot basis. The difference is their massive profit. Check out how briefly they've been BBB listed and when the dissolved company was restated by KY secretary of state. My grandma in Lexington almost got ripped off by these folks and was going to borrow money to pay them big time, for energy bill savings she'd never see and a guarantee she'd never be able to find them to collect on. Just google "radiant barrier scam". These pop up all over the US from time to time. Had them in Alaska- different owners, same story. This material provides 5% or so average energy savings, at most. Buyer beware. "If it seems to good to be true"...(you fill in the blank)
pennypincher859

New Albany, IN

#3 Jun 26, 2014
I would have to agree wholeheartedly with Green Rater I also have had the product installed in my home by residential concepts in Last year my winter bills We're almost 31% lower. I must say I was a skeptic At first as well, but we move forward with the project it was installed quickly and the gentleman that installed my insulation system were fantastic. I just happened to Google residential concepts to get their phone number to pass it along to a colleague when I came across this post normally I don't even comment on things like this but what I saw someone saying such horrible things about such a great company and fantastic product I just had to put in my 2 cents there must be a reason why this is on a gossip site and not on the BBB or Angie's List my guess would be disgruntled employee because the product works and it's a great company to do business with.
Green Rater wrote:
Hey dumbass. I have this in my home. I actually saved 60% in December and January, with an annual average of 39%. And the reason the guarantee goes by one year, is you have to be able to compare the annual savings from the 12 months prior to having the product to 12 months after installation. Think about it. You can't compare your April bill(when you're not running your a/c or heat with your last January or February bill. And I'm a certified energy Rater. I do home inspections to certify homes with a "green certificate". I evaluate products like these everyday for a living. And in Alaska, yes , the average savings is 9%. But here in Kentucky, the state average is 35.1%. It's all based on climate and geographical region. That's why the average savings in Florida is 41%. Oh, and by the way..... This product was put in to California state building code this year. You've never even done business with them or talked to anyone from RCI. I thoroughly researched this company before doing business with them. Do you seriously think that they are scamming everybody but somehow, MAGICALLY have 5 star Angie's list and yellowpages.com reviews? Seriously??? Do you work for a competing company? Maybe a disgruntled ex-employee? Sounds like you were just more concerned with your inheritance than your grandmas comfort and energy savings. That's just sad.
<quoted text>
Minicooper11

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2014
I just had this put in my attic a few days ago. My husband and I are so skeptical though. I'll have to say the salesman seemed like he was pullling something off on us because he said we got a certain amt. off the first price because he had completed his presentation...and after that he gave us the real cost. My husband and I both were planning on talking this over and getting back with them he next day. Well, the salesman told us the price was only good for that day...my husband told him we needed to talk about it overnight and decide on method of payment if we were to go ahead with it. The salesman just about got up to leave because my husband and I wanted to talk about it more...which was strange to us...SO, I said let's do it because I really want to save money on our bill and be more energy efficient. I really hope and pray this was the right decision. If it turns out to be a false claim, well I doubt if I ever trust another sales person who come to my door. Reading your comment Green Rater has helped a little bit.
Green Rater wrote:
<quoted text>
2cents

Columbus, IN

#5 Aug 21, 2014
Just came across this post after looking for residential concepts phone number I would truly have to say that this insulation is the best thing I've ever bought, not only is my house much more comfortable but I saved a tremendous amount on my utility bills as well. the reason I was looking up their phone number was to pass the information along to several colleagues who were also interested in their product two thumbs up here from this homeowner I'm not sure why someone would post something negative about this company they've always been a pleasure to deal with. if you doubt the company's guarantee just give him a call for yourself or heck just give me a call either way you definitely want to see what they have to offer.
bluegrasser

Girard, OH

#6 Aug 21, 2014
Alaska Trooper, it's sad that the scammers have piled on you "anonymously" to so adamantly defend this company RCI/Residential Concepts Inc. www.rciky.com in Lexington KY. You'd think they work for the company as fired up as they're getting about it. They probably do! I got approached by them too. They go door to door. I didn't even give them 1 minute of my time and told them off. Then out of curiosity afterward I looked up and called their own trade association for radiant insulation: Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my... Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says (hint- it ain't good at all). Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers on this site say to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. And in terms of their BBB rating, all they did was buy out a closed down older construction company and open it back up to run this scam and got a clean BBB rating. I expect the BBB to catch up to them in about 1 year and Angie's List also, but by that time they'll have made all of their scam profits and hit the road, having already spent your hard earned money and leaving you behind with a worthless "savings guarantee". Sad, sad, sad. If you're so convinced this stuff is that amazing, just buy it yourself for about 1/10th what they want to overcharge you for it and lay it out on your attic floor yourself, that's all they do. After you see your first few months bills staying about the same, you'll be glad you only spent 1/10th the amount of their quote and even then it's not a strong return on your money. There's a million ways to get scammed in this world. If you just call the toll free number in this post, this one won't be one of those million ways for you. Signed, Natalie Desplaine Roblinski Esq. aka "anti-scam crusader". And scammers, stay the hell away from me if you know what's good for yourself!
Truthky

Columbus, IN

#7 Aug 25, 2014
what I find funny are both people Alaska trooper and bluegrasser are the only two complaints this company has and neither one of these people have the RCI insulation system in their home but they swear it's a scam well I can tell you I have the RCI insulation system in my home and its not a scam it works and I'm not an employee of the company I don't have any association with the company other than a purchase their product over 2 years ago and it still works today I just thought there would be more complaints then just 2 people who don't even have the product in their house sounds like to me you folks need to get a hobby and stop picking on a company that has a fantastic product just trying to help folks in the bluegrass you folks probably work for the utility company...
bluegrasser

Dallas, TX

#8 Aug 25, 2014
Listen up Greenrater and 2cents and all of the other scammers' planted fake comments on this site and others. If the radiant barrier insulation is so freaking great and you're so fired up about it and trying to highlight the quantity of complaints versus hustlers' false testimonials on this website (as if that proves anything at all), then why does the industry trade association which promotes this very insulation say that such absurdly high energy savings claims are bogus? Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says. Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers plant on this site as fake testimonials to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. A sucker is born every day- that sucker doesn't have to be you. I've seen too many ill people, broke people, and old people ripped off by this scam and tons others. I'm mad as hell about this and all other scams which rip off hard working folks out of their hard earned money. Scammers: repent, and then go get an honorable job and steal no more. It's not too late for you to come clean. NDR Esquire
sickened

Danville, CA

#9 Aug 26, 2014
That bogus radiant barrier insulation 25% guaranteed savings crap RCI Residential Concepts sells and all the other liars peddling that useless snake oil insulation is a crime. I'm surprised the KY attorney general hasn't caught up with them yet. I guess the state has more crooks to chase than they have people to chase them. People, listen up, keep your money in your pocket and your checkbook put away when these RCI Residential Concepts guys come show you their traveling snake oil show inside your own home. Call your power company and get a real energy assessment on your home then seal up air leaks and add insulation as needed. That will be an incredibly better investment on your part than paying 10 times or more what this radiant insulation barrier crap is really worth. And Green Rater, is you're really a certified energy rater (which I doubt) and peddling this crap, then you're a pathetic excuse for one and have passed over to the "dark side" to make some quick scam profits. Bluegrasser is right- you need to repent and stop peddling this snake oil scam.
gobama

Danville, CA

#10 Aug 26, 2014
i disgust this with the guy on my porche and thin found this sayin this foyl insulate stuff is a ripof scam: http://www.structuretech1.com/2012/03/a-warni... and http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep... there is a hole bunch of other thing on the intnet sayin this is a scam two. bunch of &*%@$#% jerks for sellin this *#^@*( to peeple round here. i cant believe the poleese let this hapen to hard workin folk. hey rci peeple- beter not come round here no more or we got a big sirprize for you from the workin folk on this syde of lex town down in the hood!!!
cassie_miler

New Albany, IN

#11 Aug 26, 2014
I can not stress enough what a great customer experience this was from start to finish. My husband and i needed to get insulation in the attic (long overdue); i called RCI last Saturday morning based on great reviews and the fact that they seem to be the only insulation dedicated company in the area and we wanted experts. Josh talked me intelligently through all the types of insulation, specifically Radiant barrier vs Traditional Insulation and we agreed that Radiant barrier was the best choice for us and set an appointment for later in the week. the appt shifted a little (due to our schedule) and they were accommodating every step of the way and quoted a very fair and competitive price. Roy and Steve came out Thursday by 1pm, they knew exactly what they were doing, barely made a sound or mess (my daughter was taking a nap) and they moved quickly and had it done in under 3 hours (1700 sq feet) They were professional and cared, they looked at some air ducts and vents as well to give their advice on how to best get the air distribution balanced in the house. A follow up call with Josh on Friday am, and we are really in a more comfortable environment already and confident that our summer ahead will be manageable and cooler too. The 25% energy savings guarantee and lifetime warranty is awesome..... These guys were super nice and super professional from start to finish so i can't say enough good things. -Cassie
Citizen Cane

Newport, TN

#13 Aug 29, 2014
Oh dear lord please say it's not true! Are the gypsies back again peddling radiant barrier why is it when things are just getting back to normal these crooks and cons like RCI show up outta thin air stealing people s hard earned money! It pisses me off that they almost got my grandma the other day too. I'm contacting the FTC & Attorney general tuesday . there's nothing anywhwre on Google that says you can save 25!
helptim

Columbus, IN

#14 Aug 30, 2014
who="Citizen Cane"]Oh dear lord please say it's not true! Are the gypsies back again peddling radiant barrier why is it when things are just getting back to normal these crooks and cons like RCI show up outta thin air stealing people s hard earned money! It pisses me off that they almost got my grandma the other day too. I'm contacting the FTC & Attorney general Tuesdays . there's nothing anywhere on Google that says you can save 25!
The rumor mill is in full effect here on topics I see, I would just like to give my opinion of residential concepts located in my hometown of Lexington Kentucky. I see a lot of negative post in regards to their company their product and their energy savings guarantee. I have their product installed in my home in the fall of 2010 that's 4 years ago to those of you who are not good with math. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I have saved a tremendous amount of money on my utility bill, as well as my home is much more comfortable than it used to be my upstairs would be much warmer in the summer time and in the winter time I would freeze but after having their product installed again four years ago it completely changed the way I heat and cool my home. just for the record I do not work for the company nor was I paid to leave this post I just thought I would set the record straight because for once I purchased a product from a company and it worked flawlessly one thing that I have noticed about all of these naysayers that claim the company's bogus the warranty is bogus and the product is bogus the common denominator is none of these people who claimed all of these atrocities that this company is doing to the hard working people here in Kentucky have the product in their home I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion but before you start spewing erroneous comments about a company who is help folks like me maybe you should have their product installed in your home first. Thanks Tim.
GO AWAY SCAMMERS

Richmond, KY

#15 Aug 30, 2014
THIS IS A SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! ALERT, ALERT, ALERT! Now I see RCI- Residential Concepts Inc www.rciky.com is even peddling this radiant barrier insulation garbage on TV ads and radio ads in this area. Clearly they're milking the gravy train now and urgently looking for more victims daily any way they can find them. They just can't get to the suckers fast enough going door to door so now the ad's are starting. Those ad's cost big money. Where does that money come from? From the pockets of a whole bunch of innocent victims who are paying about 10 times what this garbage radiant barrier insulation is worth. Way to go Citizen Kane- turn these crooks into the Kentucky Attorney General and hopefully no more old folks and poor folks will be scammed out of their hard earned money for a warranty and product that is essentially useless and fraudulent. I've heard these guys will only refund you back $400 maximum, and only after 1 year and only if you can provide a bunch of past fill information. So after you jump through their hoops of fire for a refund, you find that you just blew a few thousand dollars too much to get back only $400 when it doesn't do what they guaranteed you. Think about it- they're raking in thousands of dollars of scam profit per sale and only giving back $400, after 1 year, if you can find them still around, and only after they make you dig up every bill for the past year. People, listen once and for all to the voice of reason some people have posted here in past few months, this is a SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. If you're reading this and thinking about doing business with company for this overpriced garbage they're spewing around here, stay away, keep your checkbook safely away from them, and thank those on this bulletin board who were the voice of warning to you. Bluegrasser was right in the post, I checked them out myself after my elderly uncle was approached and asked me what I thought: "Then out of curiosity afterward I looked up and called their own trade association for radiant insulation: Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my ... Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says (hint- it ain't good at all). Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers on this site say to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. "
jimtom

Louisville, KY

#16 Sep 3, 2014
The products works I have it in my home in Nicholasville ky. This sounds like a bunch of sour grapes of former employees. Folks don't listen to these clowns who don't have the product in their home call the company for yourself. If you don't have this insulation in your home you're behind the times. I bet folks who had a horse and buggy said the same things about gas powered cars, and the makers of black and white tv said the same about color tv. "ITS A SCAM" Do yourself a favor and the environment a favor insulate your home with rci.
sickntiredofthis

Richmond, KY

#17 Sep 3, 2014
"jimtom", are you freakin nuts??? Actually, I doubt you're nuts, you just a con man or con woman who is selling this junk. You just an RCI scammer whose out on the streets peddling this snake oil insulation junk, just like every other fake positive comment about rci on this thread. This crap does not work as promised. It's overpriced big time and underdelivers big time. They're taking in your hard earned money peoples, and they don't give a hoot if you take them up on their "guarantee" in 1 year when you find out what crap this is, because they'll give you back a max of $400 on the guarantee and they took in thousands in scam profits off you on the sale. Take your dollar and give you back a dime in 1 year if you can even find them! Yippee. A great money making venture if you have no morals and are willing to steal from peoples. Folks, don't listen to jimtom or greenrater or pennypincher or joe blow or anyone else who blows smoke up your rear end about this radiant barrier insulation stuff. This con game is just the latest way to pick your pocket by tricking you with "nasa" technology and a dog and pony show they set up in your own home. it's a shame to be robbed in your own home. bluegrasser had it right on in his or her post on here: see Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my ... Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says (hint- it ain't good at all). Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers on this site say to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. " right on bluegrasser- you the only voice of reason in this scam filled thread with rci desperatly trying to rip off more and more folks.
jimtom

Louisville, KY

#18 Sep 3, 2014
I have one question for all of you naysayers do you have the product installed in your home? answer that question and you may have my respect. I have made an investment and it's working very well I could care less about what some government bureaucrat wrote about a product that they probably don't even have in their home. I don't know how it works I really don't know why it works but I do know that my home is more comfortable and I have saved considerable amounts of money and energy over the past 17 months I've had it installed in my attic, many of my neighbors and coworkers also have the product installed in their home so again naysayers do you have this product in your home? let me go ahead and answer that question for you no you don't!!! complaining about a product that you don't have in your home and screaming scam and rip off when all you have to go on are some government bureaucratic Publishing....have you read the Obamacare bill lol but really folks complaining about a product that you've not purchased it's sorta like complaining about who gets elected president and not voting!! oh and before you bring it up, I did read on RIMA'S website that you can expect a energy savings just not a exaggerated promised energy savings I don't think 25% is all that extreme if you ask me. that's all I got to say you folks have fun fighting over a product you don't have take care. http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my...
praisethelord

Girard, OH

#19 Sep 4, 2014
jimtom faker, r u freaking nuts??? no, you're just an rci residential concepts scammer who is making money to dupe people every day. why do believe in this crap so much? oh yeah, because you're scammin people with it daily. every positive comment on this board is planted by the scammers. listen people, rci guarantee is a SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Need we say more. Look at what bluegrasser dude wrote on this thread: Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says. Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers plant on this site as fake testimonials to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. Call the number:(800) 279-4123. Learn the truth. Don't believe the lies rci tells you on this message board or inside your own home. End of story. ICBRIS- International Committee to Ban Radiant Insulation Scams
hoehound

Girard, OH

#20 Sep 4, 2014
chuck norris would never buy this radiant insulation overpriced and underperforming junk. if you come to chuck norris house to sell it to him, he'll kick your butt, take your insulation, and take your money. chuck norris don't like no scam artists! better hope you don't knock on chuck norris' door if u know what good for u. he do some chun kuk do on you sorry butt. at the age of 74 chuck norris can rip your unrippable nasa insulation apart, and half u body with it at the same time. chuck norris stronger than any nasa material. chuck norris real life superman. just watch walker texas ranger and u know what i mean. he maybe can even kick bruce lee butt too, if bruce lee was alive to get his butt kicked. rip bruce lee. rock on chuck norris.
employee

Lexington, KY

#21 Sep 15, 2014
bluegrasser wrote:
Listen up Greenrater and 2cents and all of the other scammers' planted fake comments on this site and others. If the radiant barrier insulation is so freaking great and you're so fired up about it and trying to highlight the quantity of complaints versus hustlers' false testimonials on this website (as if that proves anything at all), then why does the industry trade association which promotes this very insulation say that such absurdly high energy savings claims are bogus? Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Assoc. RIMA, www.rimainternational.org See the "myths" section at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/my Just call the trade association for this insulation at (800) 279-4123 , tell them the "energy savings guarantee" this company offers for the product/service they're scamming around here with, and see what the trade association says. Free call, try it and learn the truth, despite what the media scammers plant on this site as fake testimonials to defend this company or any other radiant barrier scam companies. A sucker is born every day- that sucker doesn't have to be you. I've seen too many ill people, broke people, and old people ripped off by this scam and tons others. I'm mad as hell about this and all other scams which rip off hard working folks out of their hard earned money. Scammers: repent, and then go get an honorable job and steal no more. It's not too late for you to come clean. NDR Esquire
Good luck on reaching them in the phones at there 800 number. And also see how professional they are. Stop by The office some time and see how they conduct business. Very unprofessional. And they don't stand behind there employees or there product

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) 1 hr Gordon 38,771
New Drug Testing Business Opportunity (Aug '13) 16 hr Mike Bonventre 36
A leading manufacture and exporter of henna in ... Sat premhenna 1
G Micron Group Fri Ronisha 2
Wal-Mart sales decline (Dec '06) Fri teeter59 78
a Google, Microsoft battle Marriott's plan to b... Fri merchsolutionsusa 1
Perfect Money to Bitcoin exchanger Dec 25 munich 5
More from around the web