Why Global Warming Is Getting Worse And What We Can Do About It

Oct 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Forbes.com

For most of us who follow climate news closely, this isn't really a surprise. The real mind twister is this: why, given the worldwide popularity of sustainability, energy efficiency gains all around us and record participation in global movements such as the Put simply, the answer lies in the fact that business growth is connected to increased ... (more)

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2013
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

LOL

I wonder if this author has ever been outside his own little corner of the universe.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

This is a turning point for the Forbes.. maybe they decided not to be a heartless nation.. maybe..
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Based on the facts, it seems reasonable to conclude the climate is better for us today than it was 2 centuries ago because:
We are still slowly climbing out of the terrible period of the "Little Ice Age" (LIA).

Yet, according to this report, there are people who not only see this as bad but perceive it as the worst thing that could occur.

The publicized prognostications of climate catastrophe have given a lot of people the idea that this warming is in 'FACT' a bad thing. But the FACT is: So far, Global Warming has been good because it has brought us out of the LIA.

A second FACT is the ubiquitous predictions of doom (popular among the very religious and those who believe in Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption) are, by definition,'opinions' and as such can only be perceived as the conclusions of the experts... never ever scientific fact.

So, logically...
Based on the facts: Global Warming is Good.
Based on opinion: Global Warming is Bad.

My choice is to use facts to support my view that Climate Change has been, on average, a good thing for life on a Earth.

To argue against the benefits of Global Warming one must challenge the facts with opinions... hardly a tenable position and clearly unsustainable.

~koolaid
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Based on the facts, it seems reasonable to conclude the climate is better for us today than it was 2 centuries ago because:
We are still slowly climbing out of the terrible period of the "Little Ice Age" (LIA).
Yet, according to this report, there are people who not only see this as bad but perceive it as the worst thing that could occur.
The publicized prognostications of climate catastrophe have given a lot of people the idea that this warming is in 'FACT' a bad thing. But the FACT is: So far, Global Warming has been good because it has brought us out of the LIA.
A second FACT is the ubiquitous predictions of doom (popular among the very religious and those who believe in Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption) are, by definition,'opinions' and as such can only be perceived as the conclusions of the experts... never ever scientific fact.
So, logically...
My choice is to use facts to support my view that Climate Change has been, on average, a good thing for life on a Earth.
To argue against the benefits of Global Warming one must challenge the facts with opinions... hardly a tenable position and clearly unsustainable.
~koolaid
You must be drinking again...

Your lies are unsustainably awe-inspiring. Stop it; you won't be able to sleep at night .. out of guilt..

Anyone reading your posts decides you are bonkers.. or drinking much.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You must be drinking again...
Your lies are unsustainably awe-inspiring. Stop it; you won't be able to sleep at night .. out of guilt..
Anyone reading your posts decides you are bonkers.. or drinking much.
The foolish babble of an ignorant old man, fatal to listen to.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.

Fortunately, we can't hear the poster.

Btw, US Treasury ends international funding for coal-fired power plants - See more at: http://www.rtcc.org/2013/10/30/us-treasury-en...
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

dont drink the koolaid wrote:
So, logically...
~koolaid
I agree.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
ff agrees with it... your post takes care of two deniers..

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>ff agrees with it... your post takes care of two deniers..
Another ignorant old man agrees with the foolish babble. Is there a pattern here?
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Oh there's a pattern, I don't think you see it, but there's a pattern.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Business News Forum right now

Search the Business News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
allan 17 min BMW E90 4SALE 0712356066 1
Cheyney Group Accounting: Freelancers, Here's H... 4 hr alinakort 1
GM legal team comes under fire at Senate hearing 6 hr Tea Party Supporter 2
King Cobra Trivia Quiz 18 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
King Cobra Trivia Answer: 18 hr King Cobra Muffler 1
E-MOBILE CODE REVIEW : emobilecode.com 19 hr Fooled 31
How do Visa prepaid cards work? Wed francesmendoza 2
•••
•••