Real estate Q&A: Agents' fees are ope...

Real estate Q&A: Agents' fees are open for discussion

There are 3 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Sep 20, 2012, titled Real estate Q&A: Agents' fees are open for discussion. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

QUESTION: I want to know if the "transaction fee" being charged by my real estate agent is a legitimate cost.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Since: Sep 12

Brazil

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Hi Rob,
The transaction fee of real estate agent is depend on your selected property location, surroundings and the charges of their firm. Usually they will charge 5-10% commission on total cost of property.

“Brian Linnekens”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Real estate agents can charge any reasonable fee for their services, whether it is 4 percent, 6 percent, 9 percent or a flat fee. While 6 percent is normal for most residential transactions.

Since: Oct 12

Solan, India

#4 Oct 18, 2012
Everything in real estate is negotiable. I have charged as much as 10% and as little as 5%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News REPORT: Many undocumented immigrants recently r... 10 hr tomin cali 1
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 10 hr OneWomynRiot 6
News FCC Chief Sparks Clash With Call to Repeal Net ... Fri Stevecarr123 1
Galveston Capital Tourism and Marketing Histori... Thu annejagger 1
Top Places To Claim Your Business Listings Online! Apr 27 davy 1
News Shea Moisture Just Made A Lot Of Its Consumers ... Apr 27 SadButTrue 5
News Overnight Tech: FCC head officially starts net ... Apr 26 He Named Me Black... 1
More from around the web