ABNEY ASSOCIATES - Innovative Boiler ...

ABNEY ASSOCIATES - Innovative Boiler Technologies Articles

Posted in the Business News Forum

Since: Feb 13

UK

#1 May 20, 2013
GSA Releases Latest Test Results for Innovative Building Technologies
WASHINGTON, May 15, 2013 --/PRNewswire-USNewswire/-- Today, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) released three new reports as part of its Green Proving Ground program, which tests building technologies in real-world situations to evaluate their potential to save energy, water, and reduce utility costs. Through the Green Proving Ground, GSA is finding new ways that federal buildings across the nation can save taxpayer dollars, while also finding the best use of these technologies.
GSA has the real estate portfolio needed to broadly test and install these technologies and help deploy them into the broader market. GSA worked with the Department of Energy's National Laboratories and New Mexico State University to test energy efficient technologies that can be installed in federal buildings across the country. The three studies released today include condensing boilers, variable refrigerant flow, and photovoltaic system performance.
Condensing Boilers are highly efficient water heaters that recycle waste heat to preheat the cold water entering the boiler. Heating accounts for 35 percent of energy use in commercial buildings in the United States, and boilers are the most common source of heating. GSA tested condensing boilers in the Peachtree Summit Federal Building in Atlanta, Georgia and found a 14 percent reduction in the building's natural gas consumption. Application of this technology across GSA's buildings could help us save approximately 1 percent of our total annual energy consumption. Due to low operating and maintenance costs and a relatively short payback period, this technology can be easily deployed as older boilers are replaced.
Variable Refrigerant Flow is an HVAC technology that can simultaneously heat and cool different spaces in a facility and allow for greater temperature control while conserving energy. The GSA research team evaluated this technology at the Moakley Federal Courthouse in Boston, Massachusetts. Additionally, GSA looked at published research and engaged industry experts as part of this study. This technology has the potential to achieve 34 percent energy savings compared to older systems. GSA will be taking a closer look at variable refrigerant flow and its potential for further installations in federal buildings.
Photovoltaic Systems use photovoltaic cells to directly convert sunlight into electricity. This was tested on a commercial-scale system and four smaller laboratory systems at the Bean Federal Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. All solar panels worked just as well in the cloudy, Midwestern climate as they do in other parts of the country. The commercial-scale photovoltaic system generated nearly 8 percent of the overall facility's energy needs. The study also found that the return on investment was within the lifespan of the technology.

Since: Jan 13

Netherlands

#2 May 23, 2013
This is a very well-timed post,i think everyone should read this and broadcast too.keep it up!

Since: Feb 13

Denmark

#3 Jun 8, 2013
I was reading some of your posts on this site and I believe this site is very informative ! Keep posting .
more

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2013
_findmore.mywibes.com/um/busin ess/TQTP857OUOSOBGHUT

Since: May 13

Germany

#5 Jun 8, 2013
This is a very well-timed post,i think everyone should read this and broadcast too.keep it up!
Anonymous

Denmark

#6 Jun 8, 2013
I doubt if there are actually hackers that were arrested or at least have been punished by law. Is there?

Since: Jun 13

Birmingham, UK

#7 Jun 8, 2013
Re: ABNEY ASSOCIATES - Innovative Boiler Technologies Articles

Thanks for informing us right away with this good post;)
Anonymous

UK

#8 Jun 8, 2013
This actually makes sense. All securities are just some kind of a joke, they don’t really work, in on way or another, hackers will find ways to pass these securities, its kind of a cycle. They invent a virus to hack, we invent a security to prevent it then the cycle begins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Identify Acacia Flooring Is Good Or Bad 3 hr wonderchen 1
OMG!!! found real wu seller (Jun '13) 11 hr Pissedoff 29
Oakmere Home Advisors Bright Future Mon eulabenett 1
Using Tradelines, Seasoned Primary Trade Lines (Jun '08) Sep 25 Vinmedsupply 66
will the loblaw warehouse in ottawa close its d... (Sep '09) Sep 24 Ottawa dc16 224
Oakmere Home Advisors 30 Years of developing id... Sep 22 eulabenett 1
News From Undocumented Immigrant to Wall St. Exec Sep 21 tomin cali 1
More from around the web