Man stabbed by friend, police say

There are 19 comments on the Aug 26, 2007, Myrtle Beach Online story titled Man stabbed by friend, police say. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

“They hung out a lot together. It's just a bad situation. [Stout] tried to do all he could, but he couldn't help him.”

A 20-year-old man died early Saturday morning in the Seaside community near Sunset Beach, N.C., after his 18-year-old friend stabbed him, Brunswick County authorities said.

Brunswick County deputies were called to the scene in the 7200 block of Westbrook Avenue about 2:50 a.m., the Sheriff's Office reports.

There, Dean Allan Malott, 20, of Ocean Isle Beach, was found stabbed in the chest, according to a report from the Brunswick County, N.C. Sheriff's Office.

Malott had been stabbed by his friend, 18-year-old Raymond Stout of Westbrook Avenue in Seaside, about 2:15 a.m., said Brunswick County Sheriff Ronald E. Hewitt on Saturday. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Brandy

AOL

#1 Aug 31, 2007
he tried to do all he could? He stabbed him in the first place, I hope he gets the worse charge he possible, it's murder, who cares if drugs and alchol was involved or not he killed him and he should get serious time.... Dean saved him and got into all that trouble for him and this is how he repays him, ha
Friend of the family

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Aug 31, 2007
How can anyone say "he did all he could do" Why did he wait so long to call 911. If the stabbing took place at 2:15AM, why wait until 2:50AM. Had he called 911 as soon as it happend, litle Dean may still be here. A parent is not supossed to bury their children. It is so sad, another young person's life- gone. We buired my nefew a year ago in May, he was shot by his "friend". Wake up people!!
His Aunt

Washington, DC

#3 Oct 25, 2007
This is such a sad and pathetic person. All that Dean did for him and this is how he repaid him. I can't believe that they didn't do anything to help but instead waited so long to call for help and just let him die. I hope that Ray gets the worse charges possible, it's murder, who cares if drugs and alchol was involved or not he killed him and he should get serious time. Dean will always be remembered but he should not of left us so soon!
imisuboth

Bolivia, NC

#4 Nov 6, 2007
for anyone who knew Raymond, which by the looks of it none of you did, you would know that maybe 2-3 months prior to this incident Little Raymond had serious brain surgery, now little raymond LOVED dean like his brother. dean did alot for him. it was a horrible thing that happened, i just wish ppl would look into the finer details before completely condemning little raymond. u go take a xanax and tell me what you think you could do, then tie in alcohol and brain surgery, after which he has very little medical attn. due to the fact that he didnt have insurance. i feel for both sides. i love them both
Finer Details

Supply, NC

#5 Dec 11, 2007
The whole thing is such a terrible tragedy. I am a person who knows/knew Raymond....someone who tried to help Raymond.. Someone who tried to teach Raymond that there are two roads in life...I tried to help him stay on the one that would lead him to self-worth.. an education, a stable job.... a future that was his for the making and taking....
It was only a matter of time that I knew something like this would happen or involve him. Raymond has been in trouble with the law, has made threats against others, and in general has lead a troubled life for sometime before this event occured...(since grade school). Do we blame it on enviroment or genetics....there comes a time that we all must take responsibity for ones actions....Raymond knew/knows right vs. wrong, he has been taught the diffence between good and bad and he knows a lie vs. the truth. What Raymond has never understood or has failed to see or do is how to control his temper, how to walk away from a situaiton that angers him and/or how to show mercy/compassion to others. I pray that somewhere along the way Raymond learns such things and he lets God into his life. I hope he takes responsibility for his actions and asks for mercy and forgiveness. I am so sorry, sorry for both Dean and Raymond...
friend

Shallotte, NC

#6 Dec 12, 2007
Please pray for Dawn....I am sure it is going to be a difficult season without Dean...I remember one Thanksgiving...Uncle Gray brought pies over the house....Dean made me laugh so hard...He took a bite, and said "uncle gray, you forgot to cook it" It was as raw as could be...
God bless and comfort Dean's family... I'll always remember his smile and his pretty eyes...I used to tease him and say "Dean, when you turn 18, I will chase you" (of course, I had no intention, but it was fun to see him blush)
Dean is surely missed...
ThunderWollff

United States

#7 Dec 26, 2007
Brandy wrote:
he tried to do all he could? He stabbed him in the first place, I hope he gets the worse charge he possible, it's murder, who cares if drugs and alchol was involved or not he killed him and he should get serious time.... Dean saved him and got into all that trouble for him and this is how he repays him, ha
I'd only met Dean A couple of times and he seem to be a nice guy.....I know that saying I'm sorry just does not even begin to comfort someone that has lost a loved one........It was not to long ago that I lost someone and the pain that you feel right after they die is almost unbearable.I was angry at God but I never turned away from him......I just let God know how mad I was at him for taking him away from me......and he wasn't stabbed by anyone.........I can't even begin to imagine the anger you feel towards Raymond but I do know that even Raymond got hurt cause he has to live eveyday with the knowledge that ha killed his best friend and I wouldn't want to live with something like that so no matter what they do to Raymond he is goig to suffer for the rest of jis life and that alone is a serious punishment.I did know Raymond so I know it was not like him to do that but nobody held him down and made him take drugs and drink....that was his fault and only his.......Drugs and drinking always lead to something bad sooner or later...Maybe if Dean had not been doing the same thing he woulde have been able to dodge the knife but they were all doing drugs and drinking which should prove once again how bad and stupid it is to do thing like that......OH YEAH....The person I lost was also drugs....He had a bad reaction to a drug he took....Drugs and drinking are for LOSERS and it's not fair to the ones they loved cause we lost them and have to live without them and that's not easy......So drugs cause us to lose loved ones....Like I said LOSERS.....But if Dean's death was due to Raymond's Brain injury that was still due to Raymond driving Drunki...So it was still Raymond's fault...I am sorry for him and Dean's family
cathy

Frederick, MD

#8 Mar 28, 2008
imisuboth wrote:
for anyone who knew Raymond, which by the looks of it none of you did, you would know that maybe 2-3 months prior to this incident Little Raymond had serious brain surgery, now little raymond LOVED dean like his brother. dean did alot for him. it was a horrible thing that happened, i just wish ppl would look into the finer details before completely condemning little raymond. u go take a xanax and tell me what you think you could do, then tie in alcohol and brain surgery, after which he has very little medical attn. due to the fact that he didnt have insurance. i feel for both sides. i love them both
no pity.....his mother can see him,talk to him.....
a friend of both

Reserve, NM

#9 Mar 28, 2008
Little raymond loved dean and dean loved raymond and for those of you who want to run your mouth who claim to love deandean would not want yall putting dow nlittle raymond
Are you kidding me

Iowa City, IA

#10 Apr 4, 2008
ThunderWollff wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if Dean had not been doing the same thing he woulde have been able to dodge the knife but they were all doing drugs and drinking which should prove once again how bad and stupid it is to do thing like that
In case you don't know this, Little Dean's tox. report came back clean. He wasn't doing drugs or drinking as you claim. And I think it is completely irresponsible for you to suggest that he should have dodged the knife that killed him! He was teasing his friend, and his friend stabbed him, then waited more than half an hour to call for help. Don't you dare try to blame Little Dean for that.
You are ridiculous

Macungie, PA

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Are you kidding me wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you don't know this, Little Dean's tox. report came back clean. He wasn't doing drugs or drinking as you claim. And I think it is completely irresponsible for you to suggest that he should have dodged the knife that killed him! He was teasing his friend, and his friend stabbed him, then waited more than half an hour to call for help. Don't you dare try to blame Little Dean for that.
No one was saying dean was messed up on pills or intoxicated. They were saying Raymond was. And Dean wasnt just teasing him, you are obviously so naive. Dean and Raymond got into an argument then Dean ripped off Raymonds necklace, that had been given to him by his best friend since they were little who had passed away. All everybody else was trying to say was after having brain surgery and being under the influenece of drugs and alcohol Raymond could not think clearly and he let his emotions take control of him. I am not defending Raymond or anything because what he did was ABSOLUTELY WRONG. but he did love dean and would do anything to take that whole situation back. But before you go condemning Raymond you should look a little further into the situation, Dean wasnt a saint either.
thatonegirl

Shallotte, NC

#12 Mar 16, 2009
so i understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, but before you judge, know the facts: dean & raymond were the best of friends. right before dean passed, he gave me his number...to raymond's phone. yea, raymond had an accident && his mother brought him up right. so don't go blaming her. maybe he DID wreck from alcohol, but who are you to judge. instead of passing judgement on someone you say NEEDED guidance, where were you. let the one without sin be the first to cast a stone...dean & raymond were having a party/get-together, whatever, as there were many of these before this happened. they lost a friend in 03 that is terribly missed to this day, and it especially hit lil raymond hard. don't quote me, but raymond && dean were messing around & dean accidentally grabbed raymonds necklace && it broke, and that meant the world to him. raymond over reacted, but i'm by no means justifying what he ended up doing that night. and if you know raymond, you know that there isn't a phone at his house, and the night before i KNOW that his phone was messed up cuz dean was supposed to call me & when i called, his phone was being serviced. so don't blame that on him. he had just did the worst thing he could do, to dean & himself. i know for a fact that when raymond realized what he did, he flipped && didn't know what to do with himself && repeatedly said he wished it had been the other way around. raymond might still be here with us, but he'll never have a life && he's eaten up with himself for what he did. him & his family are suffering, as well as dean's. just get your story straight before you go making such harsh judgements. please.

a friend of both since the 1st & 6th grade.

i'll always miss deans goofy ways && how he told all the girls how his last name was "galeen" lmfao. i'll always miss the way raymond used to make this funny noise that i could never mimic && the way he always said what was on his mind. now the only thing on his mind is guilt & hatred towards himself, and trying to better himself in the process. you really can't hate him for trying in the worst of his situation. dean can't ever be replaced, but we lost both of them.:(
friend

Calabash, NC

#13 Apr 2, 2010
cathy wrote:
<quoted text>
no pity.....his mother can see him,talk to him.....
EVERYBODY thinks this is easy for Raymond and is family its NOT and as far as him being able to see his mama not when he wants to or when he needs to it was a horrible accident and EVERYBODY needs to leave it alone it done and cant anybody change it
Smarten up people

Shallotte, NC

#14 Apr 27, 2010
There has never been anything but trouble at Dottie's house which was also the nest for Eddie Stout's "Seaside Gang" a ruthless gang of thugs, drug dealers and murderers. There have been 3 stabbings there that I know of and a host of fights. Eddie Stoudt has even been know to BRAG about the way he, Chris, Grant and Ray hit tommy Sasser over the head with a 2X4 and then dragged him behind the building and stabbed him multiple times when Tommy went there to try and retrieve a moped that was traded for drugs under the influence. Not to mention, that NOW and also back in 2005, it is highly suspected that Eddie and possible drug dealer associates are passing off a mercury based substance laced and irradiated and poisoning their enemies with it and then using micorwaves and Voice to Skull gangstalking to torture and eventually KILL their victims. This house and all who have lived there with the exception of Tom who died several years ago is a house of hell and Ray deserves everything he got, but his brother Eddie deserves to get life for the things he has done and he is still at large as is Chris and Grant.
someone

United States

#16 Jul 1, 2010
raymond having head surgery is no excuse he knew exactly what he was doing... Dean would still be alive if Raymond didnt pull the knife out and watched him die on his porch. Why didnt anybody that was there do something.
wow lies lies

Ocean Isle Beach, NC

#18 Jul 8, 2010
to the person named smarten up people, u know nothign about what ur ttalking about i can tell cuz udont even know eddies last name, its sad to spread lies, tommy got beat up for punchign a 14 yr old in the face suckerpunced him to be exact i watched it happen. He also rode down there on the moped drunk like he always did to start shit. hes a drunk piece of trash who always starts shit with lil kids he even shot at our neighbors for walking to close to his yard. also what the hell is microwave torture? i lived there my whole life and most of the ppl that were there grew up got clean and moved on unlike the holden beach crackheads, we werent out breaking into houses and smoking crack, we smoked weed and drank we were young and did what everyone else was doing. we damn sure didnt kill people or start shit we didnt wanna see the cops so we damn sure didnt start shit. i can tell what most of u have said on here is hear say and if u ppl only knew how sadly wrong your are. ignorance is what makes the world go around though. we were young and dumb and partied but we damn sure werent drug dealers hell we had to scrape up change to get beer usually. and as for chris and grant they didnt do shit wrong they skated and hungout they never got in the fights they just laughed it offand have moved on in life and are doing well. its sad to see someone like u that knows nothing coming on here talking about this stuff just to start drama.
Family

Frederick, MD

#19 Aug 25, 2011
Dean you will never be forgotten and are deeply missed!
philip Miller

Plymouth, PA

#20 Jul 18, 2013
dean was my best friend growing up until we both moved we had finally got back in touch a few months before this happened it hurt, and it still does I'm just glad I was at least able to talk to him again before this happened. you will forever be missed and loved R.I.P. Dean
Tyiah Mckenzie Brown

Shallotte, NC

#21 Aug 25, 2013
Boys will be boys I loved Dean with everthang in me he was my first love our birthdays where the same day.. And Raymon wa one of my best friends I know its hard for everbody On both sides when it happen a lot of us was torn apart... Today is 6 long years since he died and I miss him so much I went over there that same day and everything was fine and everyone was getting along I had mY first son Jayden with me and dean told me he was precious and hugged me and I said bye and I love you not knowing it would be the last time I saw his face. when me and my mom and my son went to breakfast the next morning I was devastated when my friend brandy told me I droped to my knees. they say the good dye young well that's so very true. And I don't hate Raymond at all I still have love fore him just wish thangs would have not happen like that ... rest easy Dean lve ya baby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casual Dating in Your Area 1 hr travis 19
will the loblaw warehouse in ottawa close its d... (Sep '09) 7 hr Hoffa 119
News This Is What European Investors Get For Investi... 22 hr FASCIST Ukraine 2
Mr. Currys India Restaurant, Downtown St. Louis... 23 hr Dave Karakat 1
News Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Aja... (Sep '07) Sun In the Know 4,621
News Reports say Comcast plans to drop $45 billion T... Fri Your Ex 9
Texas Energy Exploration LLC - Geology Apr 24 kar3nbaker 1
More from around the web