I am sure that AIG, and if it so desires, will have no problem finding some politically connected sleazy professional pathological liars and common criminals hiding behind law licenses to "prove" that any position, and no matter how totally ridiculous, it decides to take is completely logical, sensible, legitimate, reasonable, and fair.

However one of the dirty little secrets of the so called legal profession - and which in recent decades has also evolved into far more of a sleazy mafia of scumbags, parasites, bloodsuckers, and politically connected arrangers of illegal backroom fixes in exchange for under the table bribes than anything even slightly resembling a legitimate profession - is that lawyers have far and away the highest rates of alcoholism and drug abuse of any major profession.

(NOTE: And as an example of their "versatility," lawyers also have far and away the highest rates of suicide, divorce, and domestic violence of any major profession.)

Anyway, if I was a judge or a member of a jury and then any of the lawyers started trying to fool anybody by engaging in the standard lawyers' lies and garbage, I would then ask any lawyer who did so whether he was on drugs. And if he insisted he wasn't, I would then start to laugh.