Fugitive Thai banker Rakesh Saxena, his former lawyer facing suit over shares

Dec 28, 2007 | Posted by: The Canadian Press | Full story: The Canadian Press

- The B.C. Supreme Court has cleared the way for a lawsuit launched by three Americans against fugitive Thai banker Rakesh Saxena, his former lawyer Russ Chamberlain and Vancouver investment dealer Alexandra Triffo.

In a ruling issued this week, Justice Bruce Cohen dismissed a demand by Chamberlain that the suit be stayed until the three Wisconsin residents post a $20,000 security bond to cover his costs.

Larry Kau, Anthony D'Acquisto and William Miller are suing Saxena, Chamberlain and Triffo to recover more than US$100,000 paid for stock in a mining company. Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of118
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Madbob

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

It would be nice to see his accomplices also being caught namely Brian Hall and Keith Margetson
for stealing money from UK investors who have already sent cases to RCMP person Bud Bishop who refuses to open theft and fraud cases totalling more than 200 against this rubbish
the mover and shaker

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

i worked for saxena for a period of 5 years and i know for a fact that i personally raised over $12 million us dollars in capital for various shelf companies that never made a cent it's all bollocks and all this capital has gone to personal gain
outsider

New Westminster, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

The mover and shaker you are right.
Calvin Neudorf

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

Greed and Fear.....the fundamental drivers of any deal. Those who put money in for greed's sake shoudn't cry when things don't turn out as expected. They usually launch law suits as a cover for their own stupidity.

Keep well.
Newsworthy

León, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Quote Platform Inc registered to Rakesh Saxena at the address below.

The Quote Platform website is registered at 44 Pandora Road West Hampstead London NW6 1TR. That property is registerd to the person named below.

The house is registered in the name of Title absolute
1 (27.11.2001) PROPRIETOR: DEEPAK SARUP of 44 Pandora Road, West
Hampstead, London NW6 1TR.
2 (27.11.2001) The price stated to have been paid on 20 October 2001 was
£400,000. It was bought for cash and has no charges against it.

Amrit Sarup is Rakesh Saxena's Mother. He uses her bank account in Barclays Bank UK and in another in Vancouver to process all of his cash dealings on the Pink Sheets etc.

The Thai authorities are trying to sequester his assets world-wide but as yet have not moved against those being held in the names of his mother or close family associates, the proving of the connection is the key.

Until they take these other assets and freeze the bank accounts it will be business as usual for Rakesh Saxena.

REGISTER EXTRACT
Title Number : LN151467
Address of Property : 44 Pandora Road,(NW6 1TR)
Price Stated :£400,000
Registered Owner(s): DEEPAK SARUP of 44 Pandora Road, West Hampstead,
London NW6 1TR.
Lender(s): None
Newsworthy

Preston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Deepak Sarup is Rakesh Saxena's half brother. Mr Sarup is employed by the Royal Siam Bank, Saxena uses bank accounts in his mother's name to process cash from the UK and elsewhere. She has accounts in Barclays London and in Canada too.
It looks likely that Saxena is going to be sent back to face the music finally, but who knows, and more to the point do the authorities really care anymore?
iamanoymous

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

If anyone wants their money from Saxena you can find him in Richmond british Columbia or Vancouver. he has bonds sitting at his Lawyers office right now. There are $10000000.00 worth. I would love to see him broke.
gogethim

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

he has his money in more than just his mothers name, if you were to look around you'd find that name. He lives in Aldergove b.c.Saxena uses anyone to be his mule so he can carry on his scams.
Newsworthy

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

care to offer up the name of the resident in Aldergove?

How reliable is the information about the bonds?

I heard Saxena is a spent force, he has been reduced to spouting off on various websites on his vast financial know-how to a readership of about five! His days of penny stock scams appear to have dried up thanks to the recession, you say you'd love to see him broke, quite a few he has scammed I expect would agree with you. The best chance of seeing that happen is free flow of information, if you have something post it up and see what happens.
Sax for the memory

Preston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Saxena now debilitated by having a stroke that has left him without the use of his legs or his left arm has lost his most important legal case. Now he has only one last gasp before being sent back to Thailand.

The Thai authorities confiscated 58 million dollars US from his Swiss companies in June and that has got to have hurt Saxena.

He is now being paid out for all the harm he has done to so many people he has ruthlessly scammed in the past years under house arrest in Canada.
Proximo

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

I wish Rakesh all the best. He is an honest trustworthy and brilliant businessman who is being savagely attacked be a corrupt government seeking to extort his honestly earned wealth. Here's hoping Rakesh lives his remaining days in the peace and comfort he has earned and deserves.
Retribution

Brigg, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

The sooner he gets deported to Thailand the better. I hope he rots in a Thai jail with his balls attached to car jump leads. He has ruined the lives of many hundreds of people whom he considered to be gullible fools. It's only a shame Canada has sheltered him for so long allowing him to conduct his illegal businesses from there.
John

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

This man needs to rot in hell. He said only a fool parts with his money and he has met a lot of fools.

Canada is a haven for criminals
starchy

Newport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

now that rakesh is in thailand any one out there got any news on his right hand man neil Oosterlaak at phoenix capital partners
Chook

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

starchy wrote:
now that rakesh is in thailand any one out there got any news on his right hand man neil Oosterlaak at phoenix capital partners
Neil Oosterlaak was never Rakesh's right hand man, I'm afraid you're been misinformed.
starchy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

hi ,chook i suggest you google neil Oosterlaak he received a large fine for frauding the public with his boiler room scams with the help from saxena. he was at the same again in south africa they finally kicked him out, now he is in Botswana doing the same with phx holdings.i know of no one who has made any money from his companies i know quite a few people who have lost money i think it is time the authorities caught up with him
Banker

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Saxena would sell his own mother, Russ Chamberlain and another lawyer called Martin should all be with Saxena in Thailand . But its very true these people that invest are really stupid how can you send all this money you only met on the phone.
AWG

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

I invested in PHX 2 years ago, and I was also caught by Saxenas Tektronics. Apparently PHX is due to list on OTCBB or pink sheets. However they are asking shareholders to buy more shares to cover cost of listing. This appears to be continuation of a SCAM, as no transfer agent has been apppointed, no financial details on EDGAR the SEC website. On the otherhand Laipac SA, owned by PHX does appear to be landing big contracts in Namibia. What are other views and experience?
madbob

Pretoria, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

AWG wrote:
I invested in PHX 2 years ago, and I was also caught by Saxenas Tektronics. Apparently PHX is due to list on OTCBB or pink sheets. However they are asking shareholders to buy more shares to cover cost of listing. This appears to be continuation of a SCAM, as no transfer agent has been apppointed, no financial details on EDGAR the SEC website. On the otherhand Laipac SA, owned by PHX does appear to be landing big contracts in Namibia. What are other views and experience?
I also have PHX and todate have been quite impressed with there performance as you said Laipac seems to be doing well i have found PHX holdings on the Nevada state website as a company of good standing if that means anything i look forward to there finally listing
starchy

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

if you believe all you read on the nevada state website,then neill Oosterlaak and phx holdings boiler room scam is going to relieve you of more of your hard earned money, it is all a big scam the next time any of you are talking to any of there sales men at phx ask them are they a registered company in botswana or south africa or any where for that matter,all the shares Oosterlaak sold all came out of nevada

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of118
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Business News Forum right now

Search the Business News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
western union money transfer (Jan '13) 2 hr gogirl 42
financial management lecture 13 hr Goh 1
marketing strategy tips Fri Lin 1
marketing planning process Fri Goh 1
analysis of business situations Fri Goh 1
I am looking for companies that make exotic ski... Thu exotic skin shoes 3
Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Aja... (Sep '07) Thu LoL 4,504
•••
•••