Quick topic: The Corliss Group Barcel...

Quick topic: The Corliss Group Barcelona And Hong Kong New Releases Reviews

Posted in the Business News Forum

Since: Aug 13

London, UK

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Cybercrime hits more than 9 million UK web users

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/au...

More than 9 million adults in Britain have had online accounts hacked and 8% of the population say they have lost money in the past year because of cybercrime, according to a survey by university researchers.

Cyber security experts at the University of Kent said it was "quite shocking" that 2.3% of the population reported losing more than £10,000 to online fraudsters.

The survey found that 18.3% of those questioned had experienced attempts to break into one or more of their online accounts, including email, online banking, gaming and social media. One third said it had happened more than once.

The researchers found that people aged 55 to 64 were least likely to be successfully targeted by online criminals. The figure for this group was 11.4%, the study said, which may be because they are more cautious or spend less time online, have fewer activities and accounts or maintain better security. More than one in four people aged 18 to 24 (27.3%) has suffered a hacking attack.

When asked how much money they had lost in the past year "due to any kind of computer criminal activity," 92% said they had lost nothing, but 3.2% of more than 1,500 respondents said they had lost between £1 and £100, 2.4% suffered a hit of between £101 and £10,000 and 2.3% claimed to have lost more than £10,000.

Tags: the corliss group barcelona and hong kong new releases reviews, the corliss group barcelona and hong kong new releases reviews

London, UK

#2 Aug 27, 2013
People are going crazy when it comes to being in, having the latest technology on their hands. We should remember that although technology helps us, we should never be dependent on them. It makes us lazy, sad to say.

France

#3 Oct 3, 2013
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."- Albert Einstein. This is somewhat becoming true with regard to cyber war.

Since: Oct 13

Netherlands

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Hello, how’s it going? Just shared this post with a colleague, we had a good time reading because both of us are I.T students and we are current discussing the same topic about latest internet technology as well as cyber crimes.
Marry Stargy

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Dec 4, 2013
You are absolutely right – with so much similar information on the Internet. I was one of those feed readers who got caught by your headline for this article, but likely wouldn’t have with the headline you choose not to use.

Since: Jul 13

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 4, 2013
Sound arguments will be very interesting here. Everyone has their own opinion of the definition or the supposed definition of cyber crime.

Since: Sep 13

Sydney, Australia

#7 Dec 4, 2013
Informative article, just what I was looking for. I was really curious about what cyber crime is so you just gave me all the information that I was looking for.
Polen Scalabrine

Switzerland

#8 Dec 27, 2013
Amazon’s holiday success and UPS’ holiday fail highlight the internet economy’s problems

The holidays were great for Amazon and lousy for UPS. The two are linked and are a good illustration of two problems we’ll face more often as the web meets the real world.

Shipping giant UPS failed millions of customers this holiday season, missing the delivery of “a small percentage of its packages” on the Christmas Eve, according to a statement it released on Tuesday. Meanwhile on the day after the Christmas Day, e-tailing giant Amazon is crowing about signing up more than one million Amazon Prime members last week and that it registered record number of orders. Later Amazon said it would offer shipping refunds on packages affected by the UPS delays. Both events are linked, and here is why.

The reality check

Amazon’s great success doesn’t have to be UPS’ failure, but in this case the culture and expectations of the web met the real world, and the real world experienced what the web kids call a “fail.” There are some obvious reasons for this, such as UPS’ decision to let its workers take Christmas day off or people’s general tendency to wait until the last minute to order a gift online. The physical world is no different, as anyone who hits a mall on Dec. 23 or 24 could see.

Perhaps sometime in the near future, with drone delivery Amazon can solve this problem, but the situation illustrates two big problems we’re going to keep bumping up against as we transact more of our business and lives online. The internet has turned us into slaves of instant gratification. When we want to listen to a song, we click and stream. When we want to read the latest book, there’s another click and it’s on our tablet. However, this is creating an expectation that is challenged by the physicality of the real world.

So the first problem is that the gap between the online expectations where everything moves pretty much instantly (or at least within tens of milliseconds) and the real world, where crossing thousands of miles means actually crossing thousands of miles over increasingly congested and crumbling infrastructure is going to seem ever larger.

Since: Sep 13

France

#17 Feb 3, 2014
The Corliss Online Group Financial Magazine:“Financial Planning Tips,” A New Article On Vkool.Com , Teaches People How To Create A Personal Financial Plan Easily - V-kool

The new “Financial Planning Tips” article on the site Vkool.com instructs readers how to create their own basic financial plan effectively.

The new “Financial Planning Tips” article on the site Vkool.com delivers to people helpful tips on how to create a financial plan within a short period of time. At the beginning of the article, the author recommends people to determine their current financial situations. People need to have a thorough understanding of their current financial situation in order to formulate well-informed and realistic goals. Moreover, if people take a detailed look at their situation, they can identify specific

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 7 min DP Cassie 76
News How are San Fernando Valley businesses feeling ... Dec 4 Brian Skaggs encino 1
News This Scientist Is Studying Mental Illness As An... Dec 4 HumanSpirit 1
News 'Republicans oppose this, remember?': Sarah Pal... Dec 3 IQofOrange 2
Flooring Accessories, Heating system and Genera... (Apr '11) Dec 2 remodelsnw 2
News Exxon Chairman Got Retirement Package Worth at ... (Apr '06) Dec 1 indict EXXON 19
Lower food prices weigh on Kroger's profit fore... Dec 1 openmind693 1
More from around the web