Eagan sends Comcast complaint to senators, FCC

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities story from Mar 6, 2013, titled Eagan sends Comcast complaint to senators, FCC. In it, TwinCities reports that:

The city of Eagan still is unhappy with recent Comcast price increases for television services and equipment -- and even more displeased with its inability to keep a lid on such hikes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

we all pay

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 9, 2013
Recently Comcast sent me an unsolicited cable tv device to deal with their elimination of analog tv signal service. My service was also changed without my knowledge to include Comcast television. This was never announced to me, and I don't use Comcast voice or tv services, only high speed internet. In fact, I don't even have cable or dish service, only broadcast. I never contacted Comcast to change my service or request the device. They never told us about it in advance.

When I contacted them they claimed it was a mistake. When I asked who or when the service change was made to my account, I was told that this "would be forwarded to a supervisor." Obviously they sent these out intentionally to many customers to try and lure more into using Comcast television. They would also charge for monthly use of their device, and charge me if it wasn't returned to them!

I had the mistake corrected, and my account has been returned to its previous service level and pricing. It pays to investigate and push back!
Survivor

Drexel Hill, PA

#2 Apr 27, 2013
They r evil here in phillytheir home town we all hate them. They use all the classic shady business practices. They bait and switch
Don't honor contracts. Use crap contractors to protect themselves from responsibility.

Then there is the classic tactic of just not talking to you first you call and have to negotiate the robots
Then they send you to the Caribbean if you can understand them then they send you to India
Finally they send you to New Jersey at which point if your not hung up on or as they say disconnected( total bs they r a telecom)you can try and bargain with a ghetto momma for cable

Comcast is evil and the CEO supports obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internet Speed Too Slow When Working With Clients? 21 min QuickbookHelp 1
What makes a brand important to millennials? 58 min mmeyers 1
News Doctors Get New Tool to Measure Belly Fat (Jan '12) 3 hr Trimtuf 2
News Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Aja... (Sep '07) 21 hr mark 4,626
Corporate oppdraget til Aztec Group Inc 22 hr francevans08 1
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) Mon Brown Sugar 38,800
logistic company Apr 30 Thabisile 1
More from around the web