Eli Lilly Said to Play Down Risk

Eli Lilly Said to Play Down Risk

There are 9 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 17, 2006, titled Eli Lilly Said to Play Down Risk . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Drug maker Eli Lilly and Co. has engaged in a decade-long effort to play down the health risks of Zyprexa, its best-selling medication for schizophrenia, according to internal Lilly documents and e-mail ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#1 Dec 17, 2006
I am Daniel Haszard took Eli Lilly zyprexa 4 years for PTSD didn't do me any good made me gain weight and gave me diabetes.The zyprexa cost $250.00 a month all during that time too.

Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.

Zyprexa, which is used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, accounted for 32% of Eli Lilly's $14.6 billion revenue last year.

Zyprexa is the product name for Olanzapine,it is Lilly's top selling drug.It was approved by the FDA in 1996 ,an 'atypical' antipsychotic a newer class of drugs without the motor side effects of the older Thorazine.Zyprexa has been linked to causing diabetes and pancreatitis.

Did you know that Lilly made nearly $3 billion last year on diabetic meds, Actos,Humulin and Byetta?
Yes! They sell a drug that causes diabetes and then turn a profit on the drugs that treat the condition that they caused in the first place!

I was prescribed Zyprexa from 1996 until 2000.
In early 2000 i was shocked to have an A1C test result of 13.9 (normal is 4-6) I have no history of diabetes in my family.
----
Daniel Haszard

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2006
Danny Haszard wrote:
I am Daniel Haszard took Eli Lilly zyprexa 4 years for PTSD didn't do me any good made me gain weight and gave me diabetes.The zyprexa cost $250.00 a month all during that time too.
Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.
Zyprexa, which is used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, accounted for 32% of Eli Lilly's $14.6 billion revenue last year.
Zyprexa is the product name for Olanzapine,it is Lilly's top selling drug.It was approved by the FDA in 1996 ,an 'atypical' antipsychotic a newer class of drugs without the motor side effects of the older Thorazine.Zyprexa has been linked to causing diabetes and pancreatitis.
Did you know that Lilly made nearly $3 billion last year on diabetic meds, Actos,Humulin and Byetta?
Yes! They sell a drug that causes diabetes and then turn a profit on the drugs that treat the condition that they caused in the first place!
I was prescribed Zyprexa from 1996 until 2000.
In early 2000 i was shocked to have an A1C test result of 13.9 (normal is 4-6) I have no history of diabetes in my family.
----
Daniel Haszard
Why would any idiot take medication for 4 years if it was not doing you any good. I guess you want a slice of the Lilly pie.
They are lined up so jump in with them....

Bangor Maine USA

#3 Dec 22, 2006
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Why would any idiot take medication for 4 years if it was not doing you any good. I guess you want a slice of the Lilly pie.
They are lined up so jump in with them....
The idiots were the Eli Lilly goaded Harvard trained doctors in Boston Mass my hometown who orderd me to take it no matter what.

Location hidden

#4 Dec 22, 2006
Danny Haszard wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiots were the Eli Lilly goaded Harvard trained doctors in Boston Mass my hometown who orderd me to take it no matter what.
Then why not go after the Doctors????

Bangor Maine USA

#5 Dec 22, 2006
Eli Lilly execs (lawyers) are being penny wise dollar foolish.

I sent them 3 certified letters in a 4 month span demanding a very fair compensation for my years of zyprexa damage a worthless snake oil that i payed for out of my own pocket made me sleep all the time and gave me diabetes.

Do a google keyword search of "Daniel Haszard zyprexa results are over 35,000 pages up.

I am costing them and giving them a run for their money.

Hey! They put up a $700 million dollar zyprexa settlement fund have given over $100 million to LAWYERS and i don't hear from them when i'm the one defrauded.

They are in deep bleep mostly because of the off label issue ("viva zyprexa") I took it for PTSD i never heard voices it was all wrong from the get go.

I am just getting warmed up!~Daniel Haszard zyprexa-victims.com

Location hidden

#6 Dec 22, 2006
Danny Haszard wrote:
Eli Lilly execs (lawyers) are being penny wise dollar foolish.
I sent them 3 certified letters in a 4 month span demanding a very fair compensation for my years of zyprexa damage a worthless snake oil that i payed for out of my own pocket made me sleep all the time and gave me diabetes.
Do a google keyword search of "Daniel Haszard zyprexa results are over 35,000 pages up.
I am costing them and giving them a run for their money.
Hey! They put up a $700 million dollar zyprexa settlement fund have given over $100 million to LAWYERS and i don't hear from them when i'm the one defrauded.
They are in deep bleep mostly because of the off label issue ("viva zyprexa") I took it for PTSD i never heard voices it was all wrong from the get go.
I am just getting warmed up!~Daniel Haszard zyprexa-victims.com
I am so sorry you are having to fight coxes Army. Looks like a lot of people are involved. I know a lot of risk is in all
our medications . I take 6 different ones daily all
from diffrent companies....Good luck to you sure
hope your health improves soon....
Ellen Liversidge

United States

#7 Dec 23, 2006
Even though I knew Lilly had secret, damning documents, I hadn't seen them until Alex Berenson revealed them in his New York Times stories. They caused me great turmoil. To think that Lilly considered revealing what they knew about diabetes (and, I presume, hyperglycemia and death - what my beloved son died of). If they had followed their ethics instead of their pocketbook, my son would still be alive.

I hope a federal criminal court is the result and instead of sitting around the fire in their fancy mansions, they will be sitting behind bars. This is my Christmas wish.
Miers

UK

#8 Aug 1, 2013
I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.
MacAdam

UAE

#9 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://z-olanzapine.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's weird how Google thinks full-page 'interst... 5 hr Spotted Girl 2
News Demand sags for California credits aimed at gre... 9 hr okimar 4
Top 3 Reasons Why SEO is Important for Your eCo... 21 hr TMOGroup 1
Oakmere Home Advisors Planning Application Solu... Tue eulabenett 1
News Opera officially launches its browser that bloc... Tue Krista 2
News Doctors Get New Tool to Measure Belly Fat (Jan '12) Aug 20 Mogogo 3
Guaranteed Real Estate Loans - 100% LTV - NO FI... (Jul '13) Aug 20 NiagaraFallsDotCom 40
More from around the web