Garden Ridge IS a bad company.....

Garden Ridge IS a bad company.....

Posted in the Business News Forum

Since: Mar 11

United States

#1 Mar 29, 2011
to work for and to buy stuff at.

They use their employees, then toss them out.
Their attendance policy is totaly unreaslistic. NO EXCUSE for being late ---or--- leaving early is accpeted. If you end up in the hospital --- you get a point against you. If you leave early - even in an ambulance.., that's another point. Have some one in the family die and have to leave suddenly? That's another point. DO NOT WORK FOR GARDEN RIDGE.... no matter HOW bad you need a job. McDonalds would be better!

The district manager for Virginia is a bastard.'Course, you don't get to be a DM by being a nice guy.

The stuff they sell is Chinese cheap junk. People think the furniture is great - it's a 'good price' but it's so cheaply made it won't last. Lots of it falls apart when the custmoer get it home. LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING THERE, folks! It's GARBAGE.

Dont ever lose your receipt because no matter how much you spent, you won't get your money back. There are no store credits except if you have a gift receipt (the little paper on the bottom of the receipt). Don't expect 'cash' back unless you paid cash... and for all you idiots out there who think that a debit is the same as cash... it's NOT. A debit is an electronic transaction to your checking account.

You pay at GR with cash - you get cash back; pay with a debit, it is put back on your card; pay with MC, Visa or Discover, it goes back on that so don't go in there bitching that you want cash back.

Another thing is that you can scream at the cashiers or the store manager ALL you want about the return policy and there is nothing that they can do about it.... period. It is company policy NOT to return anything w/o a receipt and GO AHEAD --- complain... you won't get anywhere!

This place S-U-C-K-S
GR not so great

Dallas, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2011
I just tried to call the store in Lewisville Texas and all phone options lead to a VM message with no customer service support or live person available by phone. No operator..nothing. WOW. I had a general question before driving 35 miles to the store. After this, I think I will stick with Target.
Gary

United States

#3 Nov 16, 2011
Products Suck and so does customer service. bought
3 wooden chairs . 2 have collapsed while people were
sitting in them. no concern, no retun policy.

“lose a kg today”

Since: Nov 11

oraukwu

#4 Nov 19, 2011
too bad, if that's how they treat their employees, then it's a place to flee from
Lapland

Coweta, OK

#6 Mar 3, 2013
Tina how do you live with your self ?
Best advice

Coweta, OK

#8 Aug 18, 2014
Garden Ridge associates don't get your hopes up. You still have studdering Bob Depew working for the company and the biggest wretch I have ever met, Tina Laube. You need to read the press release that was released by the new owner . He states that the company is going to expand at an incredible rate. The expansion is going to be self financed. This is the same crap filled business plan that the supposed old regime used . Simply put this means that they will finance expansion by not spending money on payroll . Customers will never be able to find associates on the sales floor and you will never have enough help to do your job. My guess is that this guy will try to go public at some point . Investors when the time comes , don't drink the kool aid. This company has been fundamentally cursed for years.
Done

Porter, OK

#9 Oct 19, 2014
This place is never going to change. Apparently a new owner means no changes. We are still horribly under staffed for the job at hand. We still have the same idiots running the company. If you work for this Company run away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The bizarre inspiration behind Nike's first pai... 6 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
Guaranteed Real Estate Loans - 100% LTV - NO FI... (Jul '13) 7 hr johnson43 14
Can you ship a vehicle in a shipping container? 10 hr Gerald Vonberger 3
E-MOBILE CODE REVIEW : emobilecode.com (May '14) 11 hr mrsgbrown45 36
GPIC wins top human resources award Sun hradaenergy 1
Prediction on a major earthquake the next 10 y ... Sat LongIslandBusines... 1
News Lindsey Graham: Republicans will lose in 2016 i... Jul 4 xxxrayted 11
More from around the web