Ex-felony
Earl Spence

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 26, 2013
Convicted in 1986 at the age of 18 for robbery and attempted murder. Served 14 years, and was released from parole 9 years early for being an outstanding citizen. earned a BS. in Social Science, M.Ed in Education (rehab Counseling). Employed as a mental health/addiction counselor since 2006. But I can not get my license to practice counseling because of my past. I applied for a Florida state exemption that was denied, and now I am attempting to appeal the decision. I am also limited in the jobs that I can apply for. My offense was shooting an adult male in the arm, and now I am restricted from working in any agency in Florida that services juveniles. I counseled juveniles in North Carolina, doing crisis intervention, intensive in-home therapy, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. I have notarized reference from my previous employers attesting to my work ethics and moral character. However, Florida does not want to recognize my achievements. Any advice you could give me in getting my appeal process approved would be appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Demand sags for California credits aimed at gre... 3 hr Mizike67 2
Top 3 Reasons Why SEO is Important for Your eCo... 11 hr TMOGroup 1
Oakmere Home Advisors Planning Application Solu... 13 hr eulabenett 1
News Opera officially launches its browser that bloc... Tue Krista 2
News Doctors Get New Tool to Measure Belly Fat (Jan '12) Aug 20 Mogogo 3
Guaranteed Real Estate Loans - 100% LTV - NO FI... (Jul '13) Aug 20 NiagaraFallsDotCom 40
[Infographic]Top Reasons to Ace Product Return ... Aug 19 TMOGroup 1
More from around the web