Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

There are 796 comments on the Auto Remarketing story from Jun 23, 2005, titled Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit. In it, Auto Remarketing reports that:

Copart Inc. announced it is planning a vigorous defense of the lawsuit filed earlier this month by Manheim, alleging Copart's VB2 and related products are a patent infringement of Manheim's "Electronic On-Line ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Auto Remarketing.

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Alex

Minneapolis, MN

#853 Jul 29, 2013
I just got a escalade 2011 that was supposed run ok- this was from copart at Marlboro NY and the seller KAJ INC.
KAJ INC made the vehicle looking good on painting the hood and putting placed screws to hold the grill and pulled the radiator back. The frame is damaged and the motor don't even start, KAJ INC also placed parts from another vehicle and painted these parts- I've paid $18,000.00 for this fraud also Kaj took the 3rd set out. I will be following a legal procedure on this matter. Any one interested on this my email is [email protected]
Bob Loblaw

Hollywood, FL

#855 Sep 24, 2013
setbuyer wrote:
Copart's member agreement states that "Note: Where permitted by state law, sellers may bid on their own vehicles." The UCC which is what most states use for their statutes regarding commercial transactions states that "If the auctioneer knowingly receives a bid on the seller's behalf or the seller makes or procures such a bid, and notice has not been given that liberty for such bidding is reserved, the buyer may at his option avoid the sale or take the goods at the price of the last good faith bid prior to the completion of the sale. This subsection shall not apply to any bid at a forced sale." This translates into a very unethical method of Copart "notifying" the buyer that the seller is entitled to bid on their own items for sale. Seller's will frequently drive the price of the vehicle up on a potential buyer by bidding on their own item. Ask Copart specifically if the seller is bidding on their own item. Reference the UCC and the fact that as a buyer, you are entitled to know if the seller is bidding on their own items prior to the sale. State that the UCC requires notice prior to the sale, request disclosure of any bids that the seller places on their own item. Withdraw any bids submitted if the seller is unethically driving up the cost. Also, as a piece of advice, always ask for a copy of the title of any vehicle that you are interested in purchasing. Note the name of the seller (frequently different from the title holder) if it is a dealer, don't bid on it. The dealer would have the vehicle on their lot if it was actually worth selling for anything other than salvage.
This is excellent advice and will help you avoid some of the thieves that sell cars at Copart.
Bob Loblaw

Hollywood, FL

#856 Sep 24, 2013
F___COPART wrote:
<quoted text>
THE ACV IS DETERMINED BY AN INTERNAL PROGRAM WRITTEN BY COPART AND GIVEN TO THE SELLERS TO USE AS A TOOL. EVERYTHING IS RUN BY THEM. THE ONLY THING THE SELLER REALLY DOES IS SET AND APPROVE A MINIMUM BID
An "internal program" is giving them way too much credit. These cheap bastards wouldn't spend the money to develop anything like that, trust me I worked for their prestigious Copart Direct division. The ACV field in the system is blank and you can put whatever value you choose regardless of how unrealistic it might be. Some managers told us to put KBB retail, others said we could use any figure we wanted.

I wouldn't buy anything from this company and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you want to gamble your odds are much better in Vegas. At Copart the house always wins.
OloOL

Los Angeles, CA

#859 Dec 28, 2013
Stop complaining about it...you got what you deserve you guys overpaid for salvage cars that are worth nothing.
Concerned

Danville, IA

#861 Jan 19, 2014
I was planning on doing business, but reading these comments from the employee or owners that answers these complaints. Very unprofessional to comment with profanity. Defensive answers like these cover up much of the real problem. I know my business will not hurt the billion coming to you but sometimes ethics play a bigger row in most peoples lives.
Copart-Sucks

Brooklyn, NY

#862 Mar 11, 2014
I deal with about five different auctions, including Manheim and Adesa and I have to say Copart is the worst. Never had problems with other auctions. This is the only auction that gives me problems. I asked for a Check Acceptance Form, filed it out and sent it to them 3 times and they keep telling me they didn't receive it even though I was on the phone with people saying that they did. Not worth the headache, selling my last car there and I'm done.
rich

Saint Louis, MO

#864 Mar 20, 2014
I`d like to know why all the different internet fee`s, wheather you pay 500 dollars or 5000 dollars it should be a flat fee of 30 dollars or less, just another way of screwing us!
evil copart

Paris, IL

#866 Jun 26, 2014
Do copart employee's steal cat. convertors because they don't get paid enough? the last 3 cars i bought had the cat convertors cut-off "IN HOUSE" and the management did not even care enough to call me back !! Tells us the managers are in on it!!!!! WATCH OUT!!!!!!!They don"t care about anything but GOLD they get from JUNK!!!!
truckinup

United States

#868 Nov 10, 2014
Left Copart wrote:
I am a former employee who worked for Copart for more than 5 years. Regardless of what people may be complaining about, the bottom line is capitalism. I agree that business practices are definitely not aimed towards customer service, but there is a simple choice that customers have to make... either buy wrecked cars from someone else or put upthe bad customer service.
Unfortunately, I had to make the decision myself, and I chose to leave. When you work for/buy from a business that is run by a close family, everyone is considered and outsider. Especially those who can be taken advantage of. During my tenure, I saw the rich get richer and the workers work harder with very few rewards or incentives.
The biggest advantage that Copart has above the competition (at least when I worked there) was the customers ability to bid online without having to spend 2-4 hours at an auction in the elements. Some people might disagree with that, but most probably wont.
The biggest disadvantage is exactly what I stated above. There are a core group of about 5 guys who only care about their 600k + bonuses, their 120k Mercedes and will run over their own mother to get it. The greed is rampant and obvious on all levels of management from the top all the down.
I was fortunate enough to have buffers between myself and upper management, but the mentality of "fire, ready, aim" and decisions being made for the purposes of lining their own pockets took its toll on myself and alot of other coworkers.
For those who do not like to deal with Copart, dont deal with them. The only way that a company changes is when they are in the red. Complaining about it will not help.
The true definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again while expecting a different outcome.
Either deal with it, or don't buy from them.
Very well said, I have purchased cars at Copart many times in the past. But not any longer.To much BS to put up with I made money on the cars I purchased but not much I was honest with the people that bought the cars and told each one of them that if they had any problems with the car to call me and I would take care of it asap. That is the way I do business. The car business is a shitty business thats why I only repair the cars now for the people who buy them and there no better than copart. For those of you who do want to buy cars that are wrecked is rule to live by. Cars that are 10 yrs old and older its cheaper for the insurance com. To total it than repair it they will have the least amount of damage look at the interior of the car closely. If the inside looks like a pig may have owned it the rest of the car is in the same condition. As for Copart as a company they are in business because you buy from them you make it so. Buy more wrecked cars its good for me and it keeps me in business.
billy

Dearborn, MI

#869 Nov 24, 2014
Marlboro NY branch is the biggest players ever i don't recommand buying from there they have them mafia car they get the car with huge damage destroyed cars and straight em out make them look nice and the let em put back to the auction , i have bought 2011 explorer for $9000 junck car unfix able and so all my friend
jwalter

Wagener, SC

#870 Feb 14, 2015
i am
bmw

Seattle, WA

#871 Oct 2, 2015
I just bought a truck here in Portland OR it was represented as run and drive. Went there to pick it up the truck won't even start. I went inside and talk to the manager he send someone out with a jump box could not started at all. Went back inside and asked for my money back as a false representation. He says that someone started this truck about 5 months ago and that's why it says run and drive but he is not sure who. Than I told him that's false representation he said o know but we don't give anyone money back. That's how we stay in business and he said if I don't pick up the truck today he will put a lien papers on it and sell it. And that was it he slammed the doors.
the truth

Detroit, MI

#874 Dec 30, 2015
Other than not being able to describe a car correctly which is in our favor because most people are bidding on a car that has a high possibility of being wrecked this is why the prices are good the problem is Copart marks up with fees almost 33 to 35% of the winning bid price this is the most expensive auction in the country this is where they make their money when you use this option you should assume that it is just a little bit better than junk in bid accordingly first time people tend to pay a lot more because they think its a great car and its not if everybody still together and kept a bit slow and walked away it'll be better for everyone and then Copart wouldn't be a billion dollar corporation standing alone with no competition
Car junky

Miami, FL

#879 Apr 14, 2016
Beware of vehicles from Autoland of America he pays of Copart employees to cover up vehicles with no air bags and odometer fraud and that company sells stolen vehicles
ilse

Wayne, PA

#883 Jul 8, 2016
yes, I have bought from copart before, I started with small amounts to see what it really is. Of course there are sites that describe very well and there are others that know exactly how to hide the faults and state Run,s and Drives...where there are no keys to the vehicle at all. I just spend 15K plus and of course I fall into that last category where they advertised the vehicles as run but they did not at all and probably never had run before they arrived at Copart. I spoke to different people at their location, and you get different answers from each one of them, so you know they are trying to cover up what really happened. They know exactly what they are doing wrong, as they take the time to call the driver and dispatcher and give them a different story from what they give me, their buyer. It's a rip off. No doublt about it. I hope people would read this and not get cheated by their advertisement. I actually even had an inspector go into the one site, he called, they said yes stop in to inspect the vehicle, I called they said yes, he can come in, the guy drove 2 hours to get there, and of course I had to pay him, and guess what, No you can't inspect that vehicle, its not running today it's running tomorrow. Well, what is the point of inspecting the car if not before it actually runs on the auction? Anyway, there is nothing in that company that you can actually trust. BEWARE...DO NOT BUY
I JUST WONDERED HOW CAN WE START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.
we got to help other people not fall into their trap.
Howie Maine

Falmouth, ME

#885 Nov 16, 2016
Childs Play wrote:
Well, well, well. So you say we have so many unhappy customers but most keep coming back.Yes I work for Copart Orlando and can tell you this. We strive to satisfy our customers, going out of our way to get you in and out with a quality product. I cant speak for the other locations but I can for sure say that, Orlando Copart is customer based,above and beyond.I am a loader operator and must say, myself and my coworkers take the utmost care in delivering the product you purchased without much wait and down time,try going somewhere else and get that kind of service. I have talked to drivers and heard there horror tales at other places.There wait was horrific.The only damage to a vehicle is what was there before we forked it.So please evaluate before posting. Especially about the Orlando location. As far as the unhappy employee at Orlando all I can say is seek employment elsewhere.
Most of my copart purchases have been good and the coparts people have been very nice. It's clear to me the Newburgh NY lot is in with a customer, namely KAJ of Paterson NJ. Bought a 2014 F150 Lariat. Damage posted as all over. Pics showed left side swipe damage to fender, front door and bedside. No front bumper, grille, left headlight, radiator etc. Hood perfect. Frame horns pulled in toward each other slightly. No mention of frame damage or bio hazard. Got truck delivered. Frame was buckeled hard both in front and behind engine crossmember. Air bag full of blood stains. Wasn't wearing seat belt and knees went hard into dash and steering wheel broken-- no pics of that! Best part, they put a new painted hood on, attaching bent grille frame, new windshield, the driver had to have blown it out bad, and glued a new drivers door glass into the rubber. Found the front bumper in bed. Was wrapped around a tree so bad both end were touching. The engine got shoved into the firewall so bad it busted the heater box to pieces. Tons of damage. Said runs n drives. Joke!! I've talked to other shops with similar stories from Newburgh. Don't buy a vehicle from there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
W.U transfers with NO UPFRONT !!! (Jan '13) Tue TWISTEDHALO 130
News Riot in Stockholm suburb after drug suspect is ... Tue Go Blue Forever 1
News Warren Buffett Knows Something About Walmart Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News We just got a better idea of how much cash Ther... Feb 17 Darius 2
News Trump Deflects Migrant Ban Chaos by Blaming Del... Feb 16 Econo 2
News T-Mobile is fixing the two biggest flaws in its... Feb 14 Hate Apple 1
News The Chevy Bolt EV Gets Off to a Strong Sales Start Feb 12 Solarman 1
More from around the web