Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

Copart Inc. announced it is planning a vigorous defense of the lawsuit filed earlier this month by Manheim, alleging Copart's VB2 and related products are a patent infringement of Manheim's "Electronic On-Line ... Full Story
COPART MEMBER

Silver Spring, MD

#823 May 10, 2012
I HATE THIS COMPANY ONLY LIES AND NOTHING ESL ,,,
Omobaby

Belfast, UK

#824 May 23, 2012
As anyone bought from Copart this year (2012).

I called there USA number to make inquiry and I was put on hold for almost 20minutes.

From what I've read so far, I don't think there's been any change(s) to their customer service.
Get over it

Trenton, MI

#825 May 29, 2012
I dislike Copart as much as anybody but it is a competitive market that 1000's of dealers use and DO make money by buying from them. Life is tough. I look around at the 100's of bankrupt businesses in my area and realize no one guarantees your going to make money. Go to more auctions, look on Craigslist etc. If you don't think cleverly, you'll be brook too.
Get over it

Trenton, MI

#826 May 29, 2012
I know, I know... brook = broke.
Dave

Lansing, MI

#827 Jun 21, 2012
You need all the help possible when buying from an online salvage site. Some aucions have people who will give you a quick walk around of a vehicle for a fee. Other auctions just want your money with poorly represented vehicle descriptions.
Ran across a site the other day who specialize in these things and might give them a try.
salvageresearch.com
JSP

Houston, TX

#828 Aug 11, 2012
I have encountered all issue listed here dealing with copart. They are out to deceive each and every buyer possible. They only have loyalty to the sellers because the final sale price fattens thier pocket. I purchase a vehicle with engine knocking, transmission shot and previous damage none of which was disclosed to the buyers. But they are ready to resale that vehicle for you when you let them know you are unhappy. I would like to see someone put together a class action suit so we can put and end to these unethical business practices.
DONT BUY FROM COPART
cprt guru

United States

#831 Aug 29, 2012
salvage girl must be dumb girl.
has to be copart relative.
gazzman1959

Taunton, UK

#833 Sep 1, 2012
Steve A wrote:
When a car enters to Copart or any other auction it means it's a bad luck car, someone may have died in your car, pay little more buy from dealership, don't bring someone's bad luck car to your house. This cars are not safe to drive anyways.
what utter bollocks you spout my friend, sure thare may be some cars where people have died, but , mostly, especially in uk they are just damaged motors that need some repair and tlc.
Ron Ree

United States

#834 Sep 26, 2012
Copart is a company of scammers. I placed preliminary bids on three cars, day before the sale. Placed current bid and my maximum bid on all of them. About four hours latter all three cars showed that someone was bidding on all of them and gues what, i was the higher bidder on all three, but the problem was that the highest bid on each of them was the amount of my maximum bid. NEVER USE PREMILIARY bidding. The coppart itself makes false bidding in order to bring the bidding to your maximum bid in order to make you increase your maximum. Do not do any business with Copart. The less buyers they have, the soonner they will go out of business.
Mokibra

Honolulu, HI

#836 Sep 27, 2012
I am not a sophisticated Copart guy..........they had a vehicle, an Eldorado EZ rider: I wanted it, and assumed their characterization of Run and Drives means precisely that. So I won the auction for this ElDorado, which was an off-site auction, in other words the vehicle is on Maui, and I am on Oahu.
I was notified that the Seller had approved my bid, and I could pay at the Kapolei site of Oahu. However there was no mention of title.

so I waited for my notification, required by their own rules, that they had title in hand and that I could come to pay. 7 days later I got a notification that the vehicle had been re-listed for my non compliance with regard payment.

I purchase a car, I want the title. I don't want to purchase a car, fly across the Ocean, and then potentially get into some strange dispute. The Auction states Clear title, I want that title released to me upon payment.........Not the case here. They relist the vehicle, never notify me that they have title at point of purchase, they disable my ability to log in, they disable my account, they have likely taken the deposit used as my kitty to bid..........I have sent two emails thus far without response. Attempting to point out that they are in contravention of their own rule.........no results there. I can only say this..........should they keep my deposit, and sell the vehicle from under me, I will take them to small claims court and I will get a judgment against them. some of your letters here, will be introduced by me as evidence.......Aloha
mike d

Troy, MI

#839 Nov 20, 2012
I agree with all above comment aginst copart , and I want everybody work hard to reveiw negative aginst copart in google , yahoo and YP , WE WANT TO HERT THEM AS THEY DONE TO US .

THANKS EVERBODY
miked

Troy, MI

#840 Nov 20, 2012
gazzman 1959 wrote:
im waiting to start work for them,,,,,,,good ,,,bad move, someone tell me pls
This place is a huge scam
Mike

Troy, MI

#841 Dec 29, 2012
I purchased a car 2001 satrun from copart NY - LONG ISLAND , and the AD said Runs and Drive ( does not mention any Mechincial Issue with car ) , I believed the Ad and I purchased it for $2750 and I paid for shipping $400 , when I received the vehicle , the car runs and drive (right but the engine loud knocking (needs new engine), and I called them (copart NY - LONG ISLAND)and I spoke with lady Brenda and she said No was nothing wrong with car when it left the yard , and I told her ok I will find the Original owner who own the car and ask if there is nothing wrong like you said , after a week searching I spoke with the original owner who donate the car and said Yes the engine was knocking and the towing guy(who pick up the car ) also mention that noise already , that`s way I donate the car and I am ready to tell copart that , I back to copart , and they said whatever nothing we can do , is that fair , I recommend every body to stay away from copart NY - LONG ISLAND ( 1983 Montauk Hwy, Brookhaven, NY 11719 ) they are dishonest people .
Shawn

Hesperia, CA

#842 Jan 17, 2013
My unit ran and drove alright! LEAKING a 1qt of oil in 1min and tranny slipping really bad. Spent 5k on a 2004 car and now the Vovlo dealer wants 7,000 to fix it. RIP OFF!
Mirza84

UK

#844 Jan 25, 2013
Hi
I am a car dealer mainly dealing with salvage cars (CoPart Chester UK). Contrary to my initial impressions, Copart has made me suffer a severe loss recently.

Once I had won a bid on my choice of car (Honda Civic), I was congratulated about how I had also won a bid on a certain Ford Focus. And that now I had to pay a whopping 4200 for it!! A car which I had absolutely not even viewed once, let alone putting it in my watchlist, and now I was to pay for it! I was disappointed with this online scam, and upon contacting customer services and talking to a manager, they insisted I had to pay up a minimum of 400 as a fine.

I am extremely dumbfounded at how such a well established company can possibly have such an unreliable online system. This tactic is worse than what crooks do. Why must I pay for a car I never bid for?? I find this to be a load of crap, for now, my account has been frozen and I cannot even claim the Honda Civic that I actually won and paid for.

Contact me on mirza84@hotmail.co.uk for more info.
charles

UK

#845 Feb 1, 2013
about time something was done
Dubai UAE

Dubai, UAE

#847 Feb 20, 2013
Hi folks,
I am a dealer based in Dubai, UAE. More than 50,000 cars are imported here every month. My particular expertise are in buying cars from USA from different auctions and then selling it to different dealers across Gulf countries in wholesale. We have also faced issues like this, where the car is written run&drive and it ends up not starting, but let me tell you something. Copart, IAAI, and small auction houses are not for starters, only a professional can benefit from it 85%, rest is luck.
So the tip is to buy cars from places where you may pay slightly more but get a better car. However Manheim and Adhesa are doing good in this regard, as they majorily deal in clean good cars. This is just my view sitting thousand miles away. When you talk about the scam they do at there office for increasing the prices, that is one thing i am not sure of, therefore cannot comment. I wish you all the best.
Rk
World Auto Corporation
Cheers
molly

Greensburg, PA

#848 Mar 1, 2013
copart sucks qcsa rules!
Gaz

Gateshead, UK

#849 Apr 25, 2013
View the bloody cars before you buy them then you idiots.. You would view a straight car before purchase so why not view salvage!!
setbuyer

Plano, TX

#852 May 9, 2013
Copart's member agreement states that "Note: Where permitted by state law, sellers may bid on their own vehicles." The UCC which is what most states use for their statutes regarding commercial transactions states that "If the auctioneer knowingly receives a bid on the seller's behalf or the seller makes or procures such a bid, and notice has not been given that liberty for such bidding is reserved, the buyer may at his option avoid the sale or take the goods at the price of the last good faith bid prior to the completion of the sale. This subsection shall not apply to any bid at a forced sale." This translates into a very unethical method of Copart "notifying" the buyer that the seller is entitled to bid on their own items for sale. Seller's will frequently drive the price of the vehicle up on a potential buyer by bidding on their own item. Ask Copart specifically if the seller is bidding on their own item. Reference the UCC and the fact that as a buyer, you are entitled to know if the seller is bidding on their own items prior to the sale. State that the UCC requires notice prior to the sale, request disclosure of any bids that the seller places on their own item. Withdraw any bids submitted if the seller is unethically driving up the cost. Also, as a piece of advice, always ask for a copy of the title of any vehicle that you are interested in purchasing. Note the name of the seller (frequently different from the title holder) if it is a dealer, don't bid on it. The dealer would have the vehicle on their lot if it was actually worth selling for anything other than salvage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
project online 6 hr skinsboy 1
Every Seiko innovation thus guarantees superior... 12 hr Philip Cohen 2
Ground Breaking Technology and Superior Perform... Fri roulhance 1
FCC: 'Redskins' not profane; station keeps license Fri roypriyanka 1
Toko Bunga Bandung Indonesia Fri bandungindonesia 1
King Cobra Muffler Business Tip of the Day Fri King Cobra Muffler 1
King Cobra Muffler Motivational Quote of the Day: Fri King Cobra Muffler 1
More from around the web