Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

There are 799 comments on the Auto Remarketing story from Jun 23, 2005, titled Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit. In it, Auto Remarketing reports that:

Copart Inc. announced it is planning a vigorous defense of the lawsuit filed earlier this month by Manheim, alleging Copart's VB2 and related products are a patent infringement of Manheim's "Electronic On-Line ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Auto Remarketing.

buyer in the trade

UK

#663 Mar 22, 2010
Eric wrote:
WOW iwas really thinkin about usin this co. for my next car puchase but now that ive read all these reviews im lookin somewhere else!!! i mean all these ppl cant be wrong!
Hey you are only getting half the story some of these say "I've been in the trade for so many years" well if that was right why buy a car that you've not seen?? If your in the trade you would look at it before you buy....I've always looked before I buy if the engine knocked then i'd steer clear of it unless it was cheap to go for parts!!! If it doesn't drive i would tell them to correct it they ask for you to point these out yes they should get it right first time but still you look FIRST. You can go look at any car that is in auction before you buy they give the option!!!!! And for those that say about charges how the hell do you make a profit you fix a car and make a profit!!!you don't buy a car for 1000 spend say 300 then only sell it for 1300 do you? you put the price to what you can make....... bunch of free loaders that want something for nothing!!!! Get real you buy a load of crap what do you expect??
Get a trade/job that you know not what you think you know..... and to those that do go to copart ask them what you want to know ie charges,when to pay by,when to pick up what you can and can't do and for crying out loud read the term and conditions as well i done all this never had any problems!!!! oh and to the public that think you can push the prices up thinking you can get a new car for a 3rd of the price, Its not a brand new car SOMETHING is WRONG with it why do you think its CHEAP and being sold as SALVAGE!!!! And then you complain about what you've got? F*** off it's you that are making it hard for those that do want to buy from them and do want to make money and a living out of it..... If you don't like it p**s off else where!!!!!! Jerks........
ooooo feel so much better now!!!! ALL OF YOU GROW UP AND DO WHAT YOU WENT TO SCHOOL FOR READ THE COMPANY RULES FIRST!!!!!!
jennye

UAE

#664 Mar 23, 2010
I bought 2009 camray in 11000$ they have wash the car and show it no damaged on it butt when i recived the car it have been accident repair and the repair is just for sell and take pictures only i end up spend 1000$
I bought about 6 car and no one came as they show on pictures so plzzzzz becare full from COPART
I advise 1st never buy car from COPART or if you buy don`t buy more then 2000$
new buyer

Birds Landing, CA

#665 Mar 25, 2010
jennye wrote:
I bought 2009 camray in 11000$ they have wash the car and show it no damaged on it butt when i recived the car it have been accident repair and the repair is just for sell and take pictures only i end up spend 1000$
I bought about 6 car and no one came as they show on pictures so plzzzzz becare full from COPART
what school did you goto!!!!!! makes no sence please retype in english???
mike

United States

#667 Mar 27, 2010
copart runs & drive means the car can move forward & backword NO gurantte on Engine or transmission .......Inspect CARS prior to buying them .......be smart Do your homework .......Mostly they are salvage vehicles involved in accidents ....what do u expect guys? If you want a good car buy a new Honda
mike

United States

#668 Mar 27, 2010
advice Copart isnt for every one .....sometimes it s cheaper to buy whole car from Copart for parts than buying some parts form junk yard
Jessie

Santa Ana, CA

#669 Apr 1, 2010
COS CARS wrote:
AS IS MEANS BUYER BEWARE ,IF YOU WANT A GOOD CAR GO TO A DEALER WHERE YOU CAN FEEL TOUCH AND DRIVE IT , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Yes "As is" means "As is" it is was advertised by Copart. If Copart is advertising a car that runs and drives it should do just that. Your lame reasoning about going to a dealer does not relieve Copart from shady business practices.
mad k

Middlesbrough, UK

#670 Apr 8, 2010
COPART Mmmm their cars are a disgrace staff and rules suck bought a few cars off them but not anymore stitched up big time bought cars when delivered writing changed on window saying no keys hole in sump engine damage when bought and bid for it said it starts and drives got my money back after a bit then they had the same vehicle in 2 auctions at the same time again both saying starts and drives they should report them to ombudsmen
Rich

Orlando, FL

#671 Apr 8, 2010
bought a car in Lansing Michigan. I watched the fork lift driver run his forks into the transmission, oil running out. They stated it was that way. The oil was pouring out. No WAY was it already that way.
Russ

Spokane, WA

#672 Apr 10, 2010
Chllds play you are just a forklift operator what the hell do you know about cars,Copart does cover up alot of stuff i.e they never disclose VIN# or when you ask them if the vehicle is from insurance or dealer consignment they never tell you. Its all about the mighty green dollar,
Thomas

Polska, Poland

#673 Apr 14, 2010
Hi,I bougth car at Copart in England in description was Engine Start program which means that when car arrived to Copart facility they start engin and run at idle.The problem is that car which I bougth was rollver and engine oil pan has about 3 cm hole and 10 cm crack .The engine was empty of oil.When they start and run engine they damage engine.They don't take responsibility for what they did.The fannies thing is that I bougth this car only for engine .
Thomas

Polska, Poland

#674 Apr 14, 2010
buyer in the trade wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you are only getting half the story some of these say "I've been in the trade for so many years" well if that was right why buy a car that you've not seen?? If your in the trade you would look at it before you buy....I've always looked before I buy if the engine knocked then i'd steer clear of it unless it was cheap to go for parts!!! If it doesn't drive i would tell them to correct it they ask for you to point these out yes they should get it right first time but still you look FIRST. You can go look at any car that is in auction before you buy they give the option!!!!! And for those that say about charges how the hell do you make a profit you fix a car and make a profit!!!you don't buy a car for 1000 spend say 300 then only sell it for 1300 do you? you put the price to what you can make....... bunch of free loaders that want something for nothing!!!! Get real you buy a load of crap what do you expect??
Get a trade/job that you know not what you think you know..... and to those that do go to copart ask them what you want to know ie charges,when to pay by,when to pick up what you can and can't do and for crying out loud read the term and conditions as well i done all this never had any problems!!!! oh and to the public that think you can push the prices up thinking you can get a new car for a 3rd of the price, Its not a brand new car SOMETHING is WRONG with it why do you think its CHEAP and being sold as SALVAGE!!!! And then you complain about what you've got? F*** off it's you that are making it hard for those that do want to buy from them and do want to make money and a living out of it..... If you don't like it p**s off else where!!!!!! Jerks........
ooooo feel so much better now!!!! ALL OF YOU GROW UP AND DO WHAT YOU WENT TO SCHOOL FOR READ THE COMPANY RULES FIRST!!!!!!
Are you working for Copart ? They should not use Run And Drive or Start Engine Program verification.This is unfair .This helping them get more money but they take no responsibility for anything .It's a great busines with no responsibility in this times.I wish to do the same.
Jeff

Bellevue, WA

#675 Apr 15, 2010
I recently purchased a high value car that had some minor rear end damage. It was a 2010 Audi S4 from the Boston Copart Location. The car is brand new and was lightly his in a test drive at a dealership. The rest of the car was in mint condition and I had to checked prior to bidding. Considering this was a 60k car I bid pretty high knowing what I was getting. So the horror story is that when I received the car in Seattle I learned that a forklift rammed the car in the yard...I spoke with the manager before buying and they saif the never fork this high value car and it would be driven on the truck. Since it was snowing so hard my shipper didn't notice it. I now have to file a lawsuit against those assholes.. Anyone else in the same boat? [email protected]
Jeff

Bellevue, WA

#676 Apr 15, 2010
Sorry about the bad english... Here it is again
I recently purchased a high value car that had some minor rear end damage. It was a 2010 Audi S4 from the Boston Copart Location. The car is brand new and was lightly hit in a test drive
at the dealership. The rest of the car was in mint condition and I had it checked prior to bidding. Considering this was a 60k car I bid pretty high knowing what I was getting. So the horror story is that when I received the car in Seattle I learned that a forklift rammed the car in the yard...I spoke with the manager before bidding and he said they never fork high value cars that run and drive. Also he gave me his word that it would be parked by his office and driven on the carrier. Since it was snowing so hard my shipper didn't notice it. I now have to file a lawsuit against those assholes.. Anyone else in the same boat? [email protected]
marvin

Belle Plaine, KS

#677 Apr 25, 2010
I live in kan an purchase a 2007 chev aveo from coparts in okla city with arun drive having good faith that the car run an drive the car battery was dead on the car so went ahead brough the car home when i wentto unload the would not move the axle was complete out of the transmisson no way did they be able to move the car do they stope so low to comit fraud to make a few extra bucks i willnot buy another car copart
matt

Hayes, UK

#678 Apr 30, 2010
if you are not happy with copart why not buy somewhere else

Since: May 10

New York, NY

#679 May 5, 2010
Insurance auto auctions clearly explains all cars are sold as-is.
My advice to Copart and other dealer auctions is to hire 1 or 2 bodyman/mechanic with experience for each yard to provide free appraiser services for buyers, they make enough profit for it.

Since they dont provide the full vin#, they SHOULD provide the seller information on the website for each lot. There are a lot of companies who are buying real junk than putting on the frame machine and making the cars look nice in pictires only. This is wrong..

Not buying from copart will not solve the problem at all. It is an auction which is a specific type of business.

I have been buying from dealer only auctions for over 7 years. I am using www.progressiveauto.us . They are a registered broker with copart, also they provide discounts for multi-purchase buyers and free registration.
If someone from the company is at the yard, of course they will inspect the car for free.

New York, NY

#680 May 5, 2010
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you working for Copart ? They should not use Run And Drive or Start Engine Program verification.This is unfair .This helping them get more money but they take no responsibility for anything .It's a great busines with no responsibility in this times.I wish to do the same.
My advice to Copart and other dealer auctions is to hire 1 or 2 bodyman/mechanic with experience for each yard to provide free appraiser services for buyers, they make enough profit for it.

Since they dont provide the full vin#, they SHOULD provide the seller information on the website for each lot. There are a lot of companies who are buying real junk than putting on the frame machine and making the cars look nice in pictires only. This is wrong..

Not buying from copart will not solve the problem at all. It is an auction which is a specific type of business.

I have been buying from dealer only auctions for over 7 years. I am using www.progressiveauto.us . They are a registered broker with copart, also they provide discounts for multi-purchase buyers and free registration.
If someone from the company is at the yard, of course they will inspect the car for free.

New York, NY

#681 May 5, 2010
jennye wrote:

New York, NY

#682 May 5, 2010
Jessie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes "As is" means "As is" it is was advertised by Copart. If Copart is advertising a car that runs and drives it should do just that. Your lame reasoning about going to a dealer does not relieve Copart from shady business practices.

Were all Crack heads

Minneapolis, MN

#683 May 10, 2010
We all hate copart and iaai but we all keep going back for that fix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hurricane Maria, North Korea, Federal Reserve: ... 45 min Ex Senator Santpo... 2
News Hurricane Irma knock out service? Request credi... 3 hr Pharts Raider 4
OT Genasis LBC Dope Boyz 13 hr Anonymous 2
Michael J. Braddock Jr. Scope INC. 14 hr Anonymous 18
Drake's Label OVO Sound 15 hr Anonymous 53
Partynextdoor, Roy Wood$, DVSN, Majid Jordan, B... 22 hr Anonymous 13
Virginia Black Wiskey is the Best................. 22 hr Anonymous 15
More from around the web