Copart To Defend VB2 in Manheim Lawsuit

Full story: Auto Remarketing

Copart Inc. announced it is planning a vigorous defense of the lawsuit filed earlier this month by Manheim, alleging Copart's VB2 and related products are a patent infringement of Manheim's "Electronic On-Line ...

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jack

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Judged:

Yuri wrote:
All you stupid this is a slvage auto action you need to inspect the car youself before buying it.
INSPECT HOW THEY DONT ALLOW U ONLY ON LINE PICT.
Irocamaro92

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Salvage Girl wrote:
Did you guys all take acid together? I haven't seen a group of people this paranoid since the height of cocaine's popularity in the 70's. Quit making stuff up in your head. There is no way to manipulate the auction once it starts. The insurance company can reject your bid or ask for more and that is as far as the number games go.
You look really silly when you put phrases like BID TO BE APPROVED in quotation marks sarcastically. Your final bid goes in - going, going, gone - it emails the adjuster at the insurance company and waits for approval on the bid. If they don't approve it, it will show up on next weeks auction. So we sneakily and ambiguosly named that procedure "bid to be approved".
Whatever.
you must have been on cococaine in the 70's and having a flash back if you think you can trust the insurance companys. all they are is a blood sucking corporation
Copart fraud victim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

Judged:

EIAGC wrote:
C'om guys we need to two more people to come forward with this class Law Action suit.
I am through with Copart so count me in also.
SPANKY

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

Judged:

In resposne to JIM on Aug 8th 2006 blog beware because it seems like every time people sue in small claims court all copart does to cover it up is file motions to consider people vexatious litigants. That is where you have to get permission from the judge to evr file lawsuits agaisnt anybody ever, and you can possible have to post a bond. Copart is very good at covering up there mistakes or should I say there criminal activity.
SPANKY

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

CHECK THIS OUT. DOES NOT SURPRISE ME.

COPART INC.: Faces Consumer Fraud Lawsuit V. Storage Liens in GA
----------
Copart, Inc. faces a class action filed in the State Court for
the County of Chatham, Georgia, alleging a class action for
unreasonable amounts claimed for storage liens by Copart, and
related claims.

On September 16, 2005, Richard M. Gray filed suit, seeking
relief including class certification, damages, fees, costs and
expenses. The Company cannot yet predict if this suit will
affect their finances or general operations, it stated in a
disclosure to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Big Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Storage liens? Are you kidding? that is a small time report. Copart deals with storage claims every day. No big deal. really.
SPANKY wrote:
CHECK THIS OUT. DOES NOT SURPRISE ME.
COPART INC.: Faces Consumer Fraud Lawsuit V. Storage Liens in GA
----------
Copart, Inc. faces a class action filed in the State Court for
the County of Chatham, Georgia, alleging a class action for
unreasonable amounts claimed for storage liens by Copart, and
related claims.
On September 16, 2005, Richard M. Gray filed suit, seeking
relief including class certification, damages, fees, costs and
expenses. The Company cannot yet predict if this suit will
affect their finances or general operations, it stated in a
disclosure to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SPANKY

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

However CONSUMER FRAUD is something diffrent then the old storage disputes. I hear all that Copart likes to do is try to collect money from people that really do not owe it. So as a consumer it is a big deal.
alexx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

The copart is a good place to buy a good car, but you got to incpect before buy in it,
Better then buying a car from parcking lot over paying $5000.00 --- no way i am going to do that!!!
danny

Jordan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Judged:

they are the worst salvage co i ever dealt with.
right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

test
russiandealer

Moses Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2007

Check this one out I been puchasing vehicles from this losers for a long time, but recently i purchased a tractor and went to pick it up guess what they told me at the gate "we dont load
machinery or heavy equipmnet?' but they charged me gate and loading fee.
Mcpro

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2007

Just like any other salvaged vehicle, you need to personally inspect it before you bid. It's as simple as that, you are buying a WRECKED, SALVAGED VEHICLE!!!!!
Serge

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

I dunno fools... I bough 2 cars and they were in the same condition as described and CHEAP too
Big Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Dont be retared. There is no loading fee. Only a gate fee. Gate fee applies to everythiong coming out of the gate.
russiandealer wrote:
Check this one out I been puchasing vehicles from this losers for a long time, but recently i purchased a tractor and went to pick it up guess what they told me at the gate "we dont load
machinery or heavy equipmnet?' but they charged me gate and loading fee.
RJe

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forward you complaint to Paul smolinappraisers@sbcglobal.net so we can file proper legal action Class law suit against Copart.
Wow,the same thing happen to me.I bought 2007 Audi A8L.Looked great on the web with no visible damage(front disclosed) and runs and drives verification.When the trucker tried to pick the vehicle they used fork lift.Anyway the seller did cover up everything.There were no airbags,undercarriage damage, frame etc.The repair would cost $15,000 + labor.The seller(dealer) originally purchased this vehicle with AO damaged and no repairs just cover ups were completed.Well,maybe we have the same seller?Do you have any info or contact for your seller?
test post

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

sorry
JThomas

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

Judged:

Salvage Girl wrote:
Hey Big Guy, from your location in the motherland I am led to believe your name has nothing to do with your shirt size. Do you advise that I stop participating in blogs like these as I am a current employee?
Salvage Girl, I believe your participation on this board is a conflict of interest (imbroglio). Your support of Copart Inc. only comes from the fact that they sign your paycheck every two weeks. You wouldn't be the same cheerleader if your worked directly for a customer, I guarantee you?

I believe most purchases of salvage vehicles conducted through Copart are honest deals however; I personally know customers who are extremely unsatisfied with their internet auction purchases, while Copart holds them accountable for the deal - despite:

-missing airbags (covered up in internet auction pix)
-grossly misrepresented mechanical condition
-propped or posed pictures (like missing suspension components, and pictures taken with vehicle on hidden blocks ?!?! Seen it !!!!! YES!
-missing previous owners salvage builder's paperwork

To avoid being involved in fraud, Copart should just stay in the business of selling insurance company's vehicles, and let individual dealers con and coverup builders through a highly regulated, second-tier salvage distribution system designed specifically for consignments ... but ahhhh hanging fruit is ohhhh soooo tempting isn't it:

Copart can get a commision for a con covered-
up vehicle up front - force a dealer to pay
for the vehicle or threaten to remove them
from their buyer list ... then receive a
second commission on the resale of said
vehicle to another poor sucker, and so on.

Salvage Girl - in my book, that is just plain SICK, GREEDY and WRONG!!! But certainly something you can get away with when you practically hold the monopoly for salvage vehicle distribution on the eastern seaboard. They keep you guys "realy busy" for a reason, because money is being made hand-over-fist.

If Copart is to stand by their sales as a NY state consignment dealer ... they should have the integrity to give their buyers, at the very least, an option to dump a grossly covered up salvage vehicle they were con'ed into buying - right back to the selling / con'ing dealer.
"AS IS" DOES NOT COVER BLATANT FRAUD.

So, your company may not directly be involved with cover-up cons, but it certainly has NO PROBLEM profiting from them. Afterall, lawsuits across state lines are very difficult to conduct, and most people just shrug their shoulders and move on and take their loss ... while your paycheck is being signed.

salvage girl

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

Judged:

JThomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvage Girl, I believe your participation on this board is a conflict of interest (imbroglio). Your support of Copart Inc. only comes from the fact that they sign your paycheck every two weeks. You wouldn't be the same cheerleader if your worked directly for a customer, I guarantee you?
I believe most purchases of salvage vehicles conducted through Copart are honest deals however; I personally know customers who are extremely unsatisfied with their internet auction purchases, while Copart holds them accountable for the deal - despite:
-missing airbags (covered up in internet auction pix)
-grossly misrepresented mechanical condition
-propped or posed pictures (like missing suspension components, and pictures taken with vehicle on hidden blocks ?!?! Seen it !!!!! YES!
-missing previous owners salvage builder's paperwork
To avoid being involved in fraud, Copart should just stay in the business of selling insurance company's vehicles, and let individual dealers con and coverup builders through a highly regulated, second-tier salvage distribution system designed specifically for consignments ... but ahhhh hanging fruit is ohhhh soooo tempting isn't it:
Copart can get a commision for a con covered-
up vehicle up front - force a dealer to pay
for the vehicle or threaten to remove them
from their buyer list ... then receive a
second commission on the resale of said
vehicle to another poor sucker, and so on.
Salvage Girl - in my book, that is just plain SICK, GREEDY and WRONG!!! If Copart is to stand by their sales as a NY state consignment dealer ... they should have the integrity to give their buyers, at the very least, an option to dump a grossly covered up salvage vehicle they were con'ed into buying - right back to the selling / con'ing dealer.
"AS IS" DOES NOT COVER BLATANT FRAUD.
Super.
You make a valid point. However, there are options in place to protect yourself as a buyer from this kind of raw deal, but you guys ignore them and instead go with your gut (i suppose), and bid off of pictures. Pictures.
Any one who has gone on a date with a girl they meet on the internet knows that pictures don't always disclose every thing there is to know.
At Copart, however I can promise that no one has ever INTENTIONALLY hid anything in a picture. If a car doesn't have wheels... um... its probably sitting on blocks.
I would be a cheerleader for any company I worked for if I felt they always held up their end of the bargain in their business dealings.
When I used to take vehicles in for consignment, I ran the vin to see if the vehicle was ever sent through Copart before so we could compare damage, and we ran a carfax. If we were able to pick up on some kind of fraud, the seller was told to come and pick up the vehicle immediately, and if they were a buyer with Copart, their account automatically suspended. It is not tolerated EVER. No GM wants a headache piece of junk like that going through their sale.
Posed pictures - come on - the recievers are 19-25 year old boys with absolutely no interest in decieving you. They follow the exact same procedure for every single car.
This blog is useless. No one is listening.
Look-
If you can't come look at the cars yourself, or have someone you trust in the area stop by, then do yourself a favor and don't buy a car you've only seen pictures of. That is the risk you are taking.
How did you do this 20 years ago? Do you feel it was better that way?
JThomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

salvage girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Super.
You make a valid point. However, there are options in place to protect yourself as a buyer from this kind of raw deal, but you guys ignore them and instead go with your gut (i suppose), and bid off of pictures. Pictures.
... I think people are still listening on this thread, people have been posting right up until now, and no I don't think the system was better 20 years ago. Electronic purchasing is the best way to go, as long as you are 100% aware of what you are bidding on.
I agree that if all of us could afford to be on-site for every sale, much of this cover-up fraud could be avoided. But do you see my point where CoPart has an interest in perpetuating the cover-up dealer con's (with no direct involvement in the con by Copart themselves) because they have a larger profit margin stemming from the resale of cover-up con vehicles out-of-state than they do from the sale of insurance company vehicles. A cover-up con vehicle could change hands multiple
One extreme case I have recently seen, all the safety nets you mentioned had been compromised - except for the fact that had the buyer been there in person to pick up the vehicle, they would have thrown it right back at the seller. I wish I could just post the pictures of the car as it appeard originally, and the way it appeared when it arrived.
Yes, the vehicle had wheels but was dragging the ground when it arrived due to severere suspension damage, the frame was twisted to the point of affecting interior ancilliaries, the transmission was completely dry, the power steering was drained, the undercarriage looked like the the car flew over rail tracks ...
How could a vehicle like this be sold with a description reading "salvage - front damage - runs and drives". Secondary airbag covers glued back in to cover non-existent airbags cavities. If Copart makes nearly $900 commission on a vehicle like this - wouldn't it be in their best interest to have someone other than a 19 year old receiver look at it before putting it up for sale under the CoPart name?
I agree - and I would highly recommend to anyone purchasing consigned vehicles through copart on the web, to have them inspected prior to bidding on them - or at least inspect them prior to taking posession. Preferably the former, as the storage costs incurred in the process of trying to return a vehicle you won to its seller will be horrendous.
I'll leave everyone with this thought (good advice):
PLEASE DO NOT BID ON ANY DEALER-CONSIGNED SALVAGE VEHICLES AT **ANY** AUCTION **UNLESS** YOU HAVE PERSONALLY INSPECTED THEM, OR PAID A REPUTABLE MECHANIC/BODY MAN TO INSPECT THEM FOR YOU PRIOR TO THE DATE OF SALE. EITHER WAY, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
This should be a mandatory requirement to avoid any future confusion.
JThomas
BUB BUB LU LOCKPORT NY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Judged:

JThomas wrote:
<quoted text>
... I think people are still listening on this thread, people have been posting right up until now, and no I don't think the system was better 20 years ago. Electronic purchasing is the best way to go, as long as you are 100% aware of what you are bidding on.
I agree that if all of us could afford to be on-site for every sale, much of this cover-up fraud could be avoided. But do you see my point where CoPart has an interest in perpetuating the cover-up dealer con's (with no direct involvement in the con by Copart themselves) because they have a larger profit margin stemming from the resale of cover-up con vehicles out-of-state than they do from the sale of insurance company vehicles. A cover-up con vehicle could change hands multiple
One extreme case I have recently seen, all the safety nets you mentioned had been compromised - except for the fact that had the buyer been there in person to pick up the vehicle, they would have thrown it right back at the seller. I wish I could just post the pictures of the car as it appeard originally, and the way it appeared when it arrived.
Yes, the vehicle had wheels but was dragging the ground when it arrived due to severere suspension damage, the frame was twisted to the point of affecting interior ancilliaries, the transmission was completely dry, the power steering was drained, the undercarriage looked like the the car flew over rail tracks ...
How could a vehicle like this be sold with a description reading "salvage - front damage - runs and drives". Secondary airbag covers glued back in to cover non-existent airbags cavities. If Copart makes nearly $900 commission on a vehicle like this - wouldn't it be in their best interest to have someone other than a 19 year old receiver look at it before putting it up for sale under the CoPart name?
I agree - and I would highly recommend to anyone purchasing consigned vehicles through copart on the web, to have them inspected prior to bidding on them - or at least inspect them prior to taking posession. Preferably the former, as the storage costs incurred in the process of trying to return a vehicle you won to its seller will be horrendous.
I'll leave everyone with this thought (good advice):
PLEASE DO NOT BID ON ANY DEALER-CONSIGNED SALVAGE VEHICLES AT **ANY** AUCTION **UNLESS** YOU HAVE PERSONALLY INSPECTED THEM, OR PAID A REPUTABLE MECHANIC/BODY MAN TO INSPECT THEM FOR YOU PRIOR TO THE DATE OF SALE. EITHER WAY, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
This should be a mandatory requirement to avoid any future confusion.
JThomas
You can put any way you want They are still a rip off and will stick it to any buyer no matter who is right or wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••