Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4668 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

LIM-LESS

Ajax, Canada

#4838 Jul 20, 2014
you also have to factor in aspect, I have no idea how many shifts they run or their capacity, but I do know their product mix is entirely different, at lim we do no toiletries, confections etc, but we do have a third shift doing nothing

WTF was pretty much bang on with the numbers, and VTO's are normal for afternoons, I would say we are running at 30% capacity at best as a rough guess
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4841 Jul 22, 2014
LIM-LESS wrote:
you also have to factor in aspect, I have no idea how many shifts they run or their capacity, but I do know their product mix is entirely different, at lim we do no toiletries, confections etc, but we do have a third shift doing nothing
WTF was pretty much bang on with the numbers, and VTO's are normal for afternoons, I would say we are running at 30% capacity at best as a rough guess
Thanks
Weston

Toronto, Canada

#4843 Jul 24, 2014
Ted

Georgetown, Canada

#4844 Jul 27, 2014
Dwayne Simms

Oshawa, Canada

#4846 Aug 3, 2014
I don't know what you guys are talking about I don't pay much attention while picking my ass and walking around the lumping docks all day. Care to fill me in?
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4847 Aug 9, 2014
Dwayne Simms wrote:
I don't know what you guys are talking about I don't pay much attention while picking my ass and walking around the lumping docks all day. Care to fill me in?
Clean ur shite up boys and girls it is a pig stie here and big bad jeff does not like that. Lets get the mod squad picking up the trash.
401 thats all you need

Bowmanville, Canada

#4849 Aug 26, 2014
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur point is?
You caw brothes and sisters try to kill each other in the isles for your bonus money and now there has been a loss of life on site.
Dude it was a truck driver. No one in the building. Blame shunt.
Selector supreme

Bowmanville, Canada

#4850 Aug 26, 2014
Just wanted to say how pathetic this new disciplinary ticket system at work is. Seriously? You're not police! You got morons in blue vests hiding in the racks, handing out tickets like candy they likely give children when they're molesting them. This is obviously their bright idea to enforce proper S.O.P. You'll never have a safe workplace with the pushy c0cksu€kers that work in that place. Make sure you have your pick stick!
Jeremy Sneep

Ingersoll, Canada

#4851 Aug 27, 2014
Isn't it funny how there's usually 3 guys doing utility on P2 and the place still looks like garbage when midnights comes in? Oh well.. I'm high seniority so I don't care. Well.. Afternoons high anyway.. Which everyone knows Is just my way of getting weekends on utility cuz I'm just not quite high enough for weekends on days. I love going home everyday knowing I did the least I possibly could that day. So Come on over to the dunnage area and hang with me and the puppy maker society. Myself and Matt LeQueer will take turns blowing you. By the way, anyone ever notice I look like Napoleon Dynamite with a more rat like face?
Can I catch a ride with someone tomorrow?
Select this

Ingersoll, Canada

#4852 Aug 27, 2014
Jeremy Sneep wrote:
Isn't it funny how there's usually 3 guys doing utility on P2 and the place still looks like garbage when midnights comes in? Oh well.. I'm high seniority so I don't care. Well.. Afternoons high anyway.. Which everyone knows Is just my way of getting weekends on utility cuz I'm just not quite high enough for weekends on days. I love going home everyday knowing I did the least I possibly could that day. So Come on over to the dunnage area and hang with me and the puppy maker society. Myself and Matt LeQueer will take turns blowing you. By the way, anyone ever notice I look like Napoleon Dynamite with a more rat like face?
Oh man that's funny!! Those guys on afternoons are brutal!! The type that are only qualified to collect wooden pallets all day at work. Scared of the system lazy boobs. I hate how they block me all day and just look at you as if you're stupid for coming near them while they're blocking an aisle talking.
Ticket master

Ingersoll, Canada

#4853 Aug 27, 2014
Back to work lackies!! I got a new booklet of tickets and I'm just dying to write a few hundred
Boner for bananas

Ingersoll, Canada

#4854 Aug 27, 2014
I love picking bananas. It's awesome how a select group of rto are always in the banana room. They must really love bananas too.
aspectman

Ingersoll, Canada

#4855 Aug 27, 2014
Hey how do I send in a resume to lim? I've spent so much time on here bashing it that I've realized it's an infatuation and I must work there! Maybe I can just get a security job there so I can at least see people with real jobs.
Adam Blakemore

Ingersoll, Canada

#4856 Aug 27, 2014
Anyone seen my hair gel? I left it on Corey Walkers desk and now it's gone :(
Aspectman

Ajax, Canada

#4858 Sep 3, 2014
aspectman wrote:
Hey how do I send in a resume to lim? I've spent so much time on here bashing it that I've realized it's an infatuation and I must work there! Maybe I can just get a security job there so I can at least see people with real jobs.
Sorry poser I come on hear just to see how shitty things are over there.

Lets see, you have Harmony rejects running the place and now that Conlin is in charge of both buildings he has to spend 4 out of 5 days dealing with the mess you have made.

Will stay where I am because I have days and no one can bump me!

Will give you one thing. Your union throws a better kids xmas party then ours.
Gipski

Courtice, Canada

#4859 Sep 6, 2014
Jeremy Sneep wrote:
Dude we need to vto more often and go smoke some pole
Andrew wind

Courtice, Canada

#4860 Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys I got word that h.r will be deducting an extra $40 per pay cheque towards some stupid tax. After they persuaded me with a 24 of Laker and a new leather coat I signed off for it. With Toms approval. Sorry guys and may our union get better!
Katie

Charlotte, NC

#4861 Sep 17, 2014
Worried selector wrote:
LIM is a very dangerous place to work. The standards are to high, the drug use is worse than prison, the RTO don't give a shit about anyone and block isles, the supervisors are to busy outside smoking or on their phones and good luck getting a time block for anything less then NO WORK :/ Nothing like Health and safety bullying to get back to work after injuries, TPJ that are useless in the wet room, wrap machines that don't work. Stand up for what you believe in and watch yourself get fired.
Management sucks :(

I am shocked...my son works there and was telling me about the drug use and how dangerous it is.
Tell me how far ahead you are financially when you are meeting your quota and look like a rock star at work and the bonus is going up your nose? WTF
stressed out

Toronto, Canada

#4863 Sep 25, 2014
This company is really going downhill in the last couple if months they write up many people weekly over not meeting numbers. Dave pratt claims the standards have not been changed and the standards have been verified by the union. That is bullshit..... How can 70-80% of the workers only be running at 80-90% when they used to run 110% or higher.
They write up receivers now stating they must do 25 to 30 pallets an hour. When no engineer has ever verified this. Most receivers have been written up cause they can not achieve this.

Supervisors handing out tickets like cops over the stupidest things.

To much more to type out..,..
darrelporks pressed hams

Whitby, Canada

#4864 Oct 1, 2014
Man this office chair is killing us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
will the loblaw warehouse in ottawa close its d... (Sep '09) 9 hr Ngblows 212
jvs strictly business l.a. awards 23 hr Mona Day 1
Axia Consultants Evaluation Template RFP Mon amarandeschmidt 1
News California Has Too Much Solar Power -- And That... Sun Solarman 1
Investor search for Tourism hotel project in Sr... (Jun '11) Sun Anurudha 13
More Than 300K Offline Retailers Have Launched ... Apr 29 TMOGroup 1
W.U transfers with NO UPFRONT !!! (Jan '13) Apr 28 shisha55 124
More from around the web