Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4668 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

In the know

Whitby, Canada

#4750 Mar 17, 2014
Charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the big dummy that promised everyone weekends off during your campaigning for the union head , that was a sneaky and sad way to get votes from the nieave new workers, and now that useless girl is back in there , so she doesn't have to work anymore , so she's smiling more !, grumpy old lady !!
And stop bragging about your union dues, trust me we all feel sad about contributing our money to a bunch if dumbasses that have no idea how to protect emploess !
And how about that dummie on days , gets fired 3 times and is back again , guess his old lady is pulling more than just strings around there to get his job back over and over again!
If you know so much about the Union why didn't you run for a position. You have know idea what the Union Reps. deal with on a daily basis and how difficult it is to work with this company. Also, make sure you get your facts straight before you post anything, Big Green Yes did not make any promises about weekends off during the campaigning for Chairperson.
And the rest of your comments are also uncalled for!!!!!!!
WTF

Oshawa, Canada

#4751 Mar 17, 2014
The other day I was going to hand my talkman in and a Auditor had my order. I said to him "is that one of the best orders you have seen today". He replied "oh you way over picked on this product here, it a common mistake you confirmed 7 out of 17,but picked way more than seven." I then showed him where the seven cases were on my order and how he has to learn to read cause he was looking at the wrong product. I then got a supervisor and a union rep to help him which he then found no problem. My big problem with this was if I did not hand my talkman in at that time he was going to the back office to say I over picked when it was his fault for not doing his job. When I as complaing to leads and manager the next day about the auditor they told me that its ok people make mistakes the same time they were paging people down for an hour straight for write ups because unionized workers made mistakes which is totally unacceptable.
P2 selector

Ajax, Canada

#4752 Mar 17, 2014
Who's ready to vote these bums out! Petition to decertify the union will be left in change room and also in lunch room.

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

#4753 Mar 17, 2014
P2 selector wrote:
Who's ready to vote these bums out! Petition to decertify the union will be left in change room and also in lunch room.
Yup. That's JUST what this place needs, Less say in the process, Less protection and recourse when an unfair situation holds a worker accountable, Less accountability from the top and No rules except company rules. Where do I sigh? Hell, I think I'll even get a petition going to have our last few pay raises withdrawn too. You can find these sheets in the last crapper cubicle and in of the garbage cans in the break room. Stellar idea!
Afternooner

United States

#4754 Mar 18, 2014
BIG DUMB GREEN

You do remember that it wasn't that long ago that all you lazy union pieces of crap pretty much killed all the good paying GM jobs around Durham right?
Keep on taking more and doing less until there's there's nothing left.
R.I.P.

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

#4755 Mar 18, 2014
Afternooner wrote:
BIG DUMB GREEN
You do remember that it wasn't that long ago that all you lazy union pieces of crap pretty much killed all the good paying GM jobs around Durham right?
Keep on taking more and doing less until there's there's nothing left.
R.I.P.
You really are a one trick pony arenít you! You call me Big Dumb Green and blame the state of the economy and the loss of jobs in this province only on unions.
Well done!
Nevertheless, Iíll tell you Iím not so dumb that Iím oblivious to what is going on around me and the reasons why things are as they are!
Foreign owned companies that pay huge bonuses to management members who then rape the technology/research/developmen t departments of anything new or innovative and then close the doors of these companies and move them off shore, often after having secured boatloads of tax dollars from tax breaks into their coffers with no guarantees of job protections being negotiated first (which the government should view as investment protection) before they leave. This plays a giant part in todayís situation!

Investment bankers that hide obscene amounts of Canadian generated wealth into overseas tax havens where it gives no benefit to the infrastructure or health of our economy through loop-holes that you and I arenít privy to. If this were taken on in earnest, we could write off the national debt in no time

Open your eyes and look around! That house that used to cost $130.000.00 but now starts at $300.000.00 is an investment bubble.
We have one of the worlds largest oil reserves tucked neatly within our borders but weíre building a pipeline to the Gulf States to refine it? Oh and donít get me started on the recent sale of huge tracts of Canadian land by our government to China to process oil sands bitumen. The first thing they did was replace Canadian workers with Chinese workers.
Same thing happened at RBC until they got caught with their pants down and went into reputation recovery mode
My point here is that Unions play a fractionally small part in the reasons why prices are rising. Yet that fraction is overwhelmingly responsible for the financial health and wealth of our communities in terms of secondary jobs.
One thing is sure though, Unions are now and will continue to be a handy scapegoat for the closed minded to blame
And to address your last point. You only have to go back a little farther in time to see what life was like before unions! Your Fathers and Grandfathers fought self-sacrificingly for the human rights you take so easily for granted and seem so ready to give up. Need a little proof? Well how about you look across the borders to countries like India where workers are locked into fire trap sweat shops for pennies an hour. Joe Fresh know this lesson all too well!
Well now

Whitby, Canada

#4756 Mar 18, 2014
Charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the big dummy that promised everyone weekends off during your campaigning for the union head , that was a sneaky and sad way to get votes from the nieave new workers, and now that useless girl is back in there , so she doesn't have to work anymore , so she's smiling more !, grumpy old lady !!
And stop bragging about your union dues, trust me we all feel sad about contributing our money to a bunch if dumbasses that have no idea how to protect emploess !
And how about that dummie on days , gets fired 3 times and is back again , guess his old lady is pulling more than just strings around there to get his job back over and over again!
that was a pretty clueless thing to say.
3rd shift rto

Ajax, Canada

#4758 Mar 19, 2014
ya know if big green put as much effort into doing his bananas as he does spouting his union diatribe he wouldn't leave them for us in such a mess.

wait a minute,

haha "doing his bananas"
1st shift rto

Whitby, Canada

#4759 Mar 21, 2014
if our committee put as much thought into running this union as riordan did we wouldn't be in the shjtpile mess we're in today.
Theo

Ajax, Canada

#4760 Mar 21, 2014
1st shift rto wrote:
if our committee put as much thought into running this union as riordan did we wouldn't be in the shjtpile mess we're in today.
I agree with u. This union is a pathetic joke. I've never seen such a pathetic joke of a union or it's representatives ever. They might as well just be wearing lim shirts cuz they let the company do whatever they want. And only fight for ppl who don't deserve to be re hired or working there in first place. I can't wait for next election
Big Green Yes

Courtice, Canada

#4761 Mar 22, 2014
Look guys. I think we have the strongest union in the world. Yes we may have taken a Few thousand dollars of a bribe from Logistics in motion but in the end the union committee wins. Now it's off to the banana room to buff on some bananas
Studdering Sean wright

Courtice, Canada

#4762 Mar 22, 2014
I I I I I I like me le le lamp!
atlas lover

Courtice, Canada

#4763 Mar 22, 2014
Theotime for chair! The campaign slogan is going to be instead of its hammer time its Theo time
Andrew wind

Courtice, Canada

#4764 Mar 22, 2014
I just wish you guys would just stop whining and just be happy you have a job!

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

#4765 Mar 24, 2014
Big Green Yes wrote:
Look guys. I think we have the strongest union in the world. Yes we may have taken a Few thousand dollars of a bribe from Logistics in motion but in the end the union committee wins. Now it's off to the banana room to buff on some bananas
Seems Legit....except for the lack of a green highlighted sidebar with no picture below the senders name like this on has.
Teamster man

Canada

#4766 Mar 25, 2014
When a auditor finds a mistake at the Ottawa warehouse they have to call a union steward to verify the mistake and sign off on it, preventing mistakes made by the auditor.

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

#4767 Mar 25, 2014
Teamster man wrote:
When a auditor finds a mistake at the Ottawa warehouse they have to call a union steward to verify the mistake and sign off on it, preventing mistakes made by the auditor.
"That" is the type of small yet vitally important detail that must be identified and then included into a Collective Bargaining Agreements at the time It is being negotiated. Thanks for your input.
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4768 Mar 25, 2014
whoever wrote up this contract must have done so with their eyes closed and in secret, perhaps our union should learn a few things from the more mature locals. If the contract at GM even remotely looked like ours, there would be a hanging.
LIM-LESS

Pickering, Canada

#4769 Mar 25, 2014
Big Green Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
"That" is the type of small yet vitally important detail that must be identified and then included into a Collective Bargaining Agreements at the time It is being negotiated. Thanks for your input.
any mistake found by an auditor must be verified by the selector/union rep, or it goes no where period, learn your facts, if your blaming the auditors your barking up the wrong tree as all mistakes have to be signed off and verified by the selector and or available union rep, I have signed many of them in absence of the selector

should that wording be in our contract, yes maybe, but in reality it already works properly, auditors don't run around handing in audits that are not verified.

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

#4772 Mar 26, 2014
LIM-LESS wrote:
<quoted text>
any mistake found by an auditor must be verified by the selector/union rep, or it goes no where period, learn your facts, if your blaming the auditors your barking up the wrong tree as all mistakes have to be signed off and verified by the selector and or available union rep, I have signed many of them in absence of the selector
should that wording be in our contract, yes maybe, but in reality it already works properly, auditors don't run around handing in audits that are not verified.
LEARN MY FACTS???? This process is not a posted company policy nor have I seen it posted on the bulletin boards that were negotiated and dedicated to offering such information to this membership. As we have both acknowledged, It is not in our contract. If this information is not found anywhere within these three areas then there is no way to verify that this process is indeed a "Fact" BTW I blamed no one, I only stated an observation that this needs to be included language in our next contract

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News J.C. Penney Announces Accelerated Expansion Int... 10 hr Associate 12
News House pulls plug on Obama-era internet privacy ... 14 hr CodeTalker 2
China Courier Bag, Disposable PE Plastic Car Co... 15 hr trsplastic 1
China Foot Mat, Steering wheel covers, Disposab... 15 hr trsplastic 1
Fender Cover, PE Car Cover, Courier Bag, Maskin... 15 hr trsplastic 1
I want to buy cheap soccer jerseys 15 hr Zaine 2
POF Shrink Film, Fast Packaging Film, POF Manuf... 17 hr shrinkfilm 1
More from around the web