Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 Full story: The Canadian Press 4,594

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Read more
Max

Bochum, Germany

#4703 Feb 16, 2014
take a look here and judge yourself...
http://maximilianludwig.wordpress.com/
revolt

Ajax, Canada

#4705 Feb 21, 2014
Who here thinks its time to kick that bloodsucking chair Tom Laughlin from his position. He is a company shill and apparently will agree to anything, Does the Union hall actually know whats going on in our workplace; that one of their members is using a position of trust as a tool for personal gain. I think it's scary that someone who weilds the power to handle our affairs can be coerced so easily.

Time to vote him out, and get someone with some integrity in his place
Bill

Toronto, Canada

#4706 Feb 21, 2014
eLIMinator

Ajax, Canada

#4707 Feb 23, 2014
revolt wrote:
Who here thinks its time to kick that bloodsucking chair Tom Laughlin from his position. He is a company shill and apparently will agree to anything, Does the Union hall actually know whats going on in our workplace; that one of their members is using a position of trust as a tool for personal gain. I think it's scary that someone who weilds the power to handle our affairs can be coerced so easily.
Doesn't he have one of those utility positions their planning to get rid of? Does that mean he'll have to do some work, or has he fixed that for himself in the contract too!
xXx

Ajax, Canada

#4708 Feb 23, 2014
why dont they just make off system positions non union, that way they will be guaranteed to work instead of hiding in the washroom, lunchroom, union room, under simkins desk, all shift long.

just a thought
newselect

Ajax, Canada

#4709 Feb 24, 2014
i just started with lim and you guys are some of the dumbest f**ks out there
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4710 Feb 24, 2014
Reps are there to make sure the CBA is applied when required. They are not personal lawyers. They are not there to defend pieces of shit when the company exercises the right to manage and enforce policy. If the CBA is contravened and a Rep does not object, then you can start calling people out.
It's not the 70's and 80's any more.
LostInMotion

Whitby, Canada

#4711 Feb 24, 2014
newselect wrote:
i just started with lim and you guys are some of the dumbest f**ks out there
Would you ever say that to anyone face to face? No, so go cry to your mum who still packs your lunches, little bitch.
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4712 Feb 25, 2014
Most of the newbie pickers are pretty brazen, but with time they learn their place
Tony Montana

Ajax, Canada

#4713 Feb 25, 2014
revolt wrote:
You have my 100 percent support. Letz get de mans out. They all useless company men only in it for personal gains. No care for the floor at all
Uncle Tom

Ajax, Canada

#4714 Feb 25, 2014
Tony Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my 100 percent support. Letz get de mans out. They all useless company men only in it for personal gains. No care for the floor at all
Sorry boys but you are stuck with me for the duration of the term. There is nothing you can do to get my ass out of that chair ;)
ducttapeandchlor oform

Ajax, Canada

#4715 Feb 26, 2014
Nothing????
Pissed off employee

Ajax, Canada

#4716 Feb 26, 2014
It's time to get this union and it's chairperson and committee and reps out of LIM! Who is with me? Dis can be dun easily as long as we show solidarity against the union and vote them out at once. I'm gunna lose my position, a position that took me over 4 years to finalle get too. Why did we agree on the last contract? We all getting screwed. It isn't rite. Whoz wiff me??
Uncle Tom

Ajax, Canada

#4717 Feb 27, 2014
Pissed off employee wrote:
It's time to get this union and it's chairperson and committee and reps out of LIM! Who is with me? Dis can be dun easily as long as we show solidarity against the union and vote them out at once. I'm gunna lose my position, a position that took me over 4 years to finalle get too. Why did we agree on the last contract? We all getting screwed. It isn't rite. Whoz wiff me??
You can't even spell
Paul

Ajax, Canada

#4718 Feb 28, 2014
Regardless of whether someone can spell or not is not the issue, the message is obviously there!!!
Pissed off employee

Ajax, Canada

#4719 Feb 28, 2014
Paul wrote:
Regardless of whether someone can spell or not is not the issue, the message is obviously there!!!
http://www.1-888-no-union.com/decertification...
Treebeard

Ajax, Canada

#4721 Mar 4, 2014
Sounds like Orc mischief to me
Tokken jr

Ajax, Canada

#4722 Mar 5, 2014
Treebeard wrote:
Sounds like Orc mischief to me
Sure is
llod

Ajax, Canada

#4723 Mar 6, 2014
someone hacked the system and now people are able to watch the cameras, add time blocks, and other stuff from the comfort of their homes with no password required and it is untraceable
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4724 Mar 10, 2014
doubt it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ready or not, analog TV is nearly gone (Jun '09) 3 hr Almost amish 14
News Costco Names Citi, Visa as New Credit Partners 11 hr Neveragain 2
News The war on ISIS is getting weird in Iraq 14 hr Xstain Mullah Fri... 4
Casual Dating in Your Area Wed Jeffrey 18
An Introduction to new forum Wed Tinpak 1
Annapurna base camp trek Wed Devman tamang 1
Cougar Dating Is Not Just Dating For Sex Tue Lucis 2
More from around the web