Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 Full story: The Canadian Press 4,576

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Full Story
vitaminDdeficien t-prp

Toronto, Canada

#4683 Jan 8, 2014
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking lim or aspect?
Aspect
Andrew wind

Oshawa, Canada

#4684 Jan 11, 2014
Vote Dave Pratt my buddy for unifor chair
Andrew wind

Oshawa, Canada

#4685 Jan 18, 2014
Write up Wednesdays are brought to you in part by Uniform local 222
perfect picker

Ajax, Canada

#4686 Jan 26, 2014
Andrew wind wrote:
Write up Wednesdays are brought to you in part by Uniform local 222
Who is host the other 6 days of write ups?
Hoffa

Brampton, Canada

#4687 Jan 26, 2014
How often do workers at LIM get to go home early if they want?
Andrew wind

Oshawa, Canada

#4688 Jan 28, 2014
We are currently in talks with presidents choice about sponsering the other days. Anyone want to vto and goto Sgt peppers to sponser my alcohol addiction? Management only!
P2 selector

Sudbury, Canada

#4689 Jan 29, 2014
Found a spider in the grapes yesterday
Tony Montana

Ajax, Canada

#4690 Feb 9, 2014
I'm tired of that carney Andrew wind and Tom glaughlin just siting in. That offise all day. Wind spends less time on the floor than a supervisor. How dos he know what tingz are even like out der?
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4691 Feb 10, 2014
Tony Montana wrote:
I'm tired of that carney Andrew wind and Tom glaughlin just siting in. That offise all day. Wind spends less time on the floor than a supervisor. How dos he know what tingz are even like out der?
Short bus.
Tony Montana

Toronto, Canada

#4692 Feb 10, 2014
Hoffa wrote:
<quoted text>
Short bus.
KMT. Short bus while blastin in yo momma
what

Ajax, Canada

#4693 Feb 15, 2014
I heard someone was killed at work yesterday...
b informed

Ajax, Canada

#4694 Feb 15, 2014
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4695 Feb 15, 2014
Guess you got tired of killing each other over there you now have to kill truckers bringing stuff into the building.
what

Ajax, Canada

#4696 Feb 15, 2014
aspectman wrote:
Guess you got tired of killing each other over there you now have to kill truckers bringing stuff into the building.
you are such a piece of shit. No surprise that you live alone in a basement apartment.
Go curl up and die.
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4697 Feb 15, 2014
what wrote:
<quoted text>
you are such a piece of shit. No surprise that you live alone in a basement apartment.
Go curl up and die.
Truth hurts bitch?
Just keep thinking it is a love fest over there!
Youknowmeandikno wyou

Pickering, Canada

#4698 Feb 15, 2014
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth hurts bitch?
Just keep thinking it is a love fest over there!
Do you have children aspect?
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4699 Feb 16, 2014
Any info on the accident?
Rumour and conjecture is welcome
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4700 Feb 16, 2014
Youknowmeandiknowyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have children aspect?
Ur point is?

You caw brothes and sisters try to kill each other in the isles for your bonus money and now there has been a loss of life on site.
loader

Ajax, Canada

#4701 Feb 16, 2014
1. people are expected to cross the yard when going to dunnage, rather than safely drive around the block to the dunnage parking lot, all because Atlas/LIM doesn't want to put in a time block. This could have happened to anyone.

2. Shunt drivers drive way too fast because they are hounded and harrassed to get the trailers moved faster than they should

3. There is not enough lighting in the yard, and no real pedestrian crosswalk (which brings me back to 1.)

4. Truck drivers with live loads should stay in their vehicles or enter the main building and wait.

The bottom line; is the line between safety and performance has become so thin it gives very little room to breath. Now someone has been killed, but tomorrow is business as usual.. The very nature of this accident is a dark representation of the attitudes this company exudes.
Hoffa

Brampton, Canada

#4702 Feb 16, 2014
loader wrote:
1. people are expected to cross the yard when going to dunnage, rather than safely drive around the block to the dunnage parking lot, all because Atlas/LIM doesn't want to put in a time block. This could have happened to anyone.
2. Shunt drivers drive way too fast because they are hounded and harrassed to get the trailers moved faster than they should
3. There is not enough lighting in the yard, and no real pedestrian crosswalk (which brings me back to 1.)
4. Truck drivers with live loads should stay in their vehicles or enter the main building and wait.
The bottom line; is the line between safety and performance has become so thin it gives very little room to breath. Now someone has been killed, but tomorrow is business as usual.. The very nature of this accident is a dark representation of the attitudes this company exudes.
The person who was killed, what was his position/role? What was the estimated sequence of events? IS there a requirement for safety vests?
Thanks for your input.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Americans Believe in Witches, UFOs Than Su... 13 min Nutters Compass 2
Casual Dating in Your Area 2 hr Barbara 4
How do Jewish women pray? 3 hr galileesilks 1
Joshua Eure to Launch New Consulting Agency Eur... 3 hr nataliepr 2
Nihiman-M.A. Artine CEO of Falconoil Industries... 5 hr One Word One Finger 4
What is ocean shipping? 5 hr jccinter 1
GM to Boost GMC Truck Brand's U.S. Market Share 6 hr John Jeffery 2
More from around the web