Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4668 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Puzzled employee

Canada

#4660 Dec 7, 2013
When is management going to acknowledge the apparent drug problem on afternoons? How many more trips to rehab can they afford?
Also puzzled

Canada

#4661 Dec 7, 2013
Agreed! Stop poisoning our union brothers! Say no to the guys with the blow!! They don't care about you!! Just your money!! There's no loyalty amongst thieves!
Jeremy ORiellys dentist

Canada

#4663 Dec 7, 2013
I have failed
Chris O Learys Dentist

Canada

#4664 Dec 7, 2013
Don't feel so bad
Comic book guy

Canada

#4665 Dec 7, 2013
Best...post...ever
Andrew Wind wrote:
There is nothing wrong with safety at LIM. yes we have lost a leg or 2 and a few deaths in shelbyville. But those Shelbyvillians know that product comes first before an employees right! I Joined CAW as a goofy looking carnie looking for a a steady job and after blowing many guys like Rand Russel, Greg Vick, Steve Rutherford, banging Jen Crowley, and once giving Homer Bailey a handjob I have moved up! just keep working fast and get product out the doors and you will be ok in this company/union! btw vote for my sidekick Weatherman aka Jeremy o reilly as commitee member! we worked the carnie grounds together for years! all hail the leather jackets and the blue bandana of eric van shittering!!!
401thats all you need

Canada

#4667 Dec 7, 2013
Can all the old crusty farts on days die or retire soon? I want a dayshift with weekends off.
Thanks
vitaminDdeficien t-prp

Oshawa, Canada

#4671 Dec 13, 2013
Kinda sad to see so many people vote yes thinking a third party will make it so the place doesn't have to care about remaining profitable.

Kinda sad that so many people think a union can get rid of mandated long weekends... Long weekend stock levels are key to a grocery stores success. Do you want your job to be there in 2 years time?

Kinda sad that so many LCL employees show up to work with a lunch bought from Walmart. Buying the bullet that shoots you.

Kinda sad that they never really tried to break up the posse on afternoons. Bunch a bullies and puppy makers who scan in the aisles and then park in your way.

Kinda sad that management missed so many memos on things that really mattered to staff. 2 way vs 4way sideways pallets. How many people voted yes based on them not listening on that one issue?
Galen Weston

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#4672 Dec 13, 2013
vitaminDdeficient-prp wrote:
Kinda sad to see so many people vote yes thinking a third party will make it so the place doesn't have to care about remaining profitable.
Kinda sad that so many people think a union can get rid of mandated long weekends... Long weekend stock levels are key to a grocery stores success. Do you want your job to be there in 2 years time?
Kinda sad that so many LCL employees show up to work with a lunch bought from Walmart. Buying the bullet that shoots you.
Kinda sad that they never really tried to break up the posse on afternoons. Bunch a bullies and puppy makers who scan in the aisles and then park in your way.
Kinda sad that management missed so many memos on things that really mattered to staff. 2 way vs 4way sideways pallets. How many people voted yes based on them not listening on that one issue?
Kind of sad you are vitamin D deficiant may I suggest PC Vitamin D anal depositories 1 in 10 customers get the chance of having me insert them personally plus 100,000 PC points
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4673 Dec 13, 2013
vitaminDdeficient-prp wrote:
Are you talking lim or aspect?
401 thats all you need

Bowmanville, Canada

#4674 Dec 17, 2013
You mean suppository? Dumbass
Galen Weston wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of sad you are vitamin D deficiant may I suggest PC Vitamin D anal depositories 1 in 10 customers get the chance of having me insert them personally plus 100,000 PC points
401 thats all you need

Bowmanville, Canada

#4675 Dec 17, 2013
Wish you morons could at least spell check. Maybe do a definition search to verify the garbage you spew on here is at least somewhat accurate and spelled correctly.
Jake L

Canada

#4676 Dec 21, 2013
I work here, it's a shitshow every day. Incredibly dangerous
dfd

Singapore, Singapore

#4677 Dec 22, 2013
dfde
fack the system

Waterloo, Canada

#4679 Dec 24, 2013
Well aside from all the bs merry christmas boys
P2 loader

Oshawa, Canada

#4680 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas and all, but I almost got hit yesterday by a selector in a TPJ that's known for doing coke or e to hit incentive. What the hell guys? You probably spend more on coke than you make in incentive.. Just food for thought
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4681 Dec 25, 2013
P2 loader wrote:
Merry Christmas and all, but I almost got hit yesterday by a selector in a TPJ that's known for doing coke or e to hit incentive. What the hell guys? You probably spend more on coke than you make in incentive.. Just food for thought
Don't take away their xmas snow! They want a white christmas!!!!!

Now get back to work no boxing day shopping for you all!
studdering Sean wright

Toronto, Canada

#4682 Jan 5, 2014
Yo GU GU GU guys big so so so soccer game on at the u u u union hall. If you you you aren't mandated puh puh puh please join me Andrew wind, blue bandana, and tom Laughlin. My boyfriend Mitch Boyle will be sucking dick for $5 a head
vitaminDdeficien t-prp

Toronto, Canada

#4683 Jan 8, 2014
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking lim or aspect?
Aspect
Andrew wind

Toronto, Canada

#4684 Jan 11, 2014
Vote Dave Pratt my buddy for unifor chair
Andrew wind

Toronto, Canada

#4685 Jan 18, 2014
Write up Wednesdays are brought to you in part by Uniform local 222

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Places To Claim Your Business Listings Online! 48 min davy 1
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 2 hr Logic Analysis 2
News Shea Moisture Just Made A Lot Of Its Consumers ... 11 hr SadButTrue 5
News Overnight Tech: FCC head officially starts net ... 18 hr He Named Me Black... 1
N.Y.C. 5 Italian Mafia crime families. 23 hr AM32Zip 1
Where to buy cheap soccer jerseys? Wed Jason 1
Global Mobile Operating Table Market Research R... Tue tina 1
More from around the web