Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4668 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

super loader

Ajax, Canada

#4635 Oct 21, 2013
welcome brothers!!
super rto

Pickering, Canada

#4637 Oct 22, 2013
Y the fcuk did the lazy scum vote yes to this contract? Got nothing and get to pay union dues. Cannot strike, all existing rules still apply and still must follow a hand book they can change when ever they want.

Great deal!!!!!!

Could be worse! At least we are not CAW!
super loader

Ajax, Canada

#4638 Oct 22, 2013
lol we have a great contract
Aspect got screwed

Oshawa, Canada

#4639 Oct 22, 2013
Wow, what a rotten agreement at Aspect! 35% of the workforce can be temps! How do the UFCW justify leaving the temps out? Say what you want about LIM but there are no agency workers there. Lots of UFCW supporters have run down the contracts at LIM for years. It's the same company! The bonus system sucks. The list goes on. Lets see them defend the what they did here.
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4640 Oct 22, 2013
Aspect got screwed wrote:
Wow, what a rotten agreement at Aspect! 35% of the workforce can be temps! How do the UFCW justify leaving the temps out? Say what you want about LIM but there are no agency workers there. Lots of UFCW supporters have run down the contracts at LIM for years. It's the same company! The bonus system sucks. The list goes on. Lets see them defend the what they did here.
They can not mock your deal. Only thing we got is one more day off with pay if your mom dies and the right to greive if you get in shit for doing something wrong.

Yaya i know you could take them to the labor board yourself before, but why not be lazzy and pay someone else to fight your battles for you.

I am sure in a little over 4years we will show them who is the boss and bend over and take another one for the lcl team.
LoL

Waterloo, Canada

#4642 Oct 27, 2013
You are morons in our first deal Aspect got more Money than LIM did in 2 contracts.
util

Cayuga, Canada

#4643 Oct 28, 2013
whats up with this shit i hear about covert loblaws employees working beside us
lol too stupid

Toronto, Canada

#4644 Oct 28, 2013
Aspect got more??????????

No change from before contract.
50 cent raise
500 signing bonus
Aspect still has full control

Lim got far more then this
lmfao

Cayuga, Canada

#4645 Oct 28, 2013
Who really cares if Aspect got better or worse.

I mean come on, they're the dumbasses who voted the union in to complain about it later. Did they honestly think it was going to be a nice easy ride - Think Again. Once a Union is in the door they suck up so hard to the company the reps smell like dung when they walk by

Wake up people! we pay a union a lot of money to let the company screw us six ways from sunday, and they'll just sign on the dotted line
LoL

Waterloo, Canada

#4646 Oct 28, 2013
50 cents? Top rate is $23 now
RTO

Cayuga, Canada

#4647 Oct 30, 2013
I think this thread must be one person having a conversation with themselves lol

Sicko!
LoL

Waterloo, Canada

#4648 Nov 1, 2013
Yes I agree
michael

Toronto, Canada

#4649 Nov 5, 2013
I am thinking of getting a warehouse job at LIM or aspect. Can anyone shed some light on if its a good place to work, particularly sick days, vacation time etc? Benefits? Is there much room to move up? Just a job or a career? Thanks
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4650 Nov 7, 2013
inb4 hundreds of people that work there say "don't work here"
super loader

Concord, Canada

#4651 Nov 7, 2013
been there almost 6 years now and I think it is a great job
michael

Pickering, Canada

#4652 Nov 7, 2013
super loader wrote:
been there almost 6 years now and I think it is a great job
Which one aspect or LIM? Was thinking LIM because aspect you have to go through temp agency. Do you have to work weekends and afternoons/nigths forever or is there ever possibility of day shift or mon to fri?

I moved here from the states where all I ever did was factory work. Now living in Pickering with a wife and 3 kids to support and finding it very difficult to find a good paying job and the cost of living quite high! wife doesnt want me to work weekends but i told her in factories that will be real hard to find....
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4653 Nov 7, 2013
Both place sux.

You will be on weekends, midnights, split shits with random days off (not two together).

If you do not get taken under the wing of another ass kisser you will be left out in the cold.

There will be lots of drone ahead of you so it will take for ever to get ahead.

But if you want to be a whipping boy then have at it.
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4655 Nov 9, 2013
Its a very easy job, don't listen to the lazy whiners
super loader

Concord, Canada

#4656 Nov 9, 2013
I work dayshift Monday-Friday at Logistics in Motion and ass kissing will get you nowhere. We bid on our jobs on a seniority basis.
Joseph Galati

Canada

#4659 Dec 7, 2013
You can't get fired for ANYTHING at LIM!!
OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYYY wrote:
did Mark Noyon and two loaders get walked out on afternoons for stealing cigarettes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[email protected] is a scammer (Feb '13) 17 min hacker here 41
News The Global Solar Boom: How Solar Is Finally Mov... 2 hr Solarman 3
SkimmingWorld.com ?? Fri randal85 14
YEXT Alternative. Half the cost Fri billsautomotivese... 2
News Bad News: More Americans Have Less Than $1,000 ... Fri Tmu 2
News Sulfuric acid clouds on Venus hide a 'bizarre' ... Thu Spotted Girl 5
Order 70's T-shirts online. Jan 19 suescrew 1
More from around the web