Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: The Canadian Press | Full story: The Canadian Press

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Comments
4,361 - 4,380 of 4,545 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 27
aspect man

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Come join our party brothers and sisters if lim.

Asoect has a deal to vote on so that we become trolls like you.
George

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Aft shift

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Congrats at ASPECT
Union = Union Dues = less for me
Nothing is going to change that much, I'd rather have my money in my pocket
84% lazy idiots!!!!
super loader

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

welcome brothers!!
super rto

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Y the fcuk did the lazy scum vote yes to this contract? Got nothing and get to pay union dues. Cannot strike, all existing rules still apply and still must follow a hand book they can change when ever they want.

Great deal!!!!!!

Could be worse! At least we are not CAW!
super loader

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

lol we have a great contract
Aspect got screwed

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Wow, what a rotten agreement at Aspect! 35% of the workforce can be temps! How do the UFCW justify leaving the temps out? Say what you want about LIM but there are no agency workers there. Lots of UFCW supporters have run down the contracts at LIM for years. It's the same company! The bonus system sucks. The list goes on. Lets see them defend the what they did here.
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Aspect got screwed wrote:
Wow, what a rotten agreement at Aspect! 35% of the workforce can be temps! How do the UFCW justify leaving the temps out? Say what you want about LIM but there are no agency workers there. Lots of UFCW supporters have run down the contracts at LIM for years. It's the same company! The bonus system sucks. The list goes on. Lets see them defend the what they did here.
They can not mock your deal. Only thing we got is one more day off with pay if your mom dies and the right to greive if you get in shit for doing something wrong.

Yaya i know you could take them to the labor board yourself before, but why not be lazzy and pay someone else to fight your battles for you.

I am sure in a little over 4years we will show them who is the boss and bend over and take another one for the lcl team.
LoL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

You are morons in our first deal Aspect got more Money than LIM did in 2 contracts.
util

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

whats up with this shit i hear about covert loblaws employees working beside us
lol too stupid

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Aspect got more??????????

No change from before contract.
50 cent raise
500 signing bonus
Aspect still has full control

Lim got far more then this
lmfao

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Who really cares if Aspect got better or worse.

I mean come on, they're the dumbasses who voted the union in to complain about it later. Did they honestly think it was going to be a nice easy ride - Think Again. Once a Union is in the door they suck up so hard to the company the reps smell like dung when they walk by

Wake up people! we pay a union a lot of money to let the company screw us six ways from sunday, and they'll just sign on the dotted line
LoL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

50 cents? Top rate is $23 now
RTO

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

I think this thread must be one person having a conversation with themselves lol

Sicko!
LoL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Yes I agree
michael

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

I am thinking of getting a warehouse job at LIM or aspect. Can anyone shed some light on if its a good place to work, particularly sick days, vacation time etc? Benefits? Is there much room to move up? Just a job or a career? Thanks
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

inb4 hundreds of people that work there say "don't work here"
super loader

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

been there almost 6 years now and I think it is a great job
michael

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

super loader wrote:
been there almost 6 years now and I think it is a great job
Which one aspect or LIM? Was thinking LIM because aspect you have to go through temp agency. Do you have to work weekends and afternoons/nigths forever or is there ever possibility of day shift or mon to fri?

I moved here from the states where all I ever did was factory work. Now living in Pickering with a wife and 3 kids to support and finding it very difficult to find a good paying job and the cost of living quite high! wife doesnt want me to work weekends but i told her in factories that will be real hard to find....
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Both place sux.

You will be on weekends, midnights, split shits with random days off (not two together).

If you do not get taken under the wing of another ass kisser you will be left out in the cold.

There will be lots of drone ahead of you so it will take for ever to get ahead.

But if you want to be a whipping boy then have at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••