Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4670 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Catania, Italy

#4610 Jul 1, 2013

Ajax, Canada

#4611 Jul 1, 2013
actually it affects me in no way, I haven't worked there for over a year, but still have friends who do, your response was no surprise, more bluster and no substance, enjoy your playing :-)

Waterloo, Canada

#4612 Jul 1, 2013
Then its actually none of your business

Toronto, Canada

#4613 Jul 2, 2013
Jimmy G gonna make a return and rattle a few cages?

Ajax, Canada

#4614 Jul 30, 2013
did Mark Noyon and two loaders get walked out on afternoons for stealing cigarettes?
Greg Vick

Ajax, Canada

#4616 Aug 14, 2013
I cant believe its been a year tomorrow that lcl kicked us out.I miss you guys
Greg Vick

Ajax, Canada

#4617 Aug 14, 2013
I miss Dave Pratt BJ`s

Bowmanville, Canada

#4618 Aug 24, 2013
hook me up i dont give a shit safe not safe rude ppl nice ur payin me
u wanna yell by all means diane yell ur face just keep the money flowin and the beer cold
Eddie M

Whitby, Canada

#4619 Aug 30, 2013
Aspect Logistics in Ajax
For starters, a third party distribution company for Loblaws. It took over some another company few years ago which did the same thing. The warehouse is huge and well expanded, probably the biggest in Canada.
It is run by agencies which would like you to work 6 months for them, before you can actually join the company. This place is the same as any corporate place, you see new faces every week. The workers turn over is so much.
The agencies entice you with good pay and benefits after you get hired (6 months), but you will end up getting let go way before that.
This is few things that I found weird about this place.
- They wont say your getting paid minimum when your on training for two weeks, I was done training in 3 days. They like to analyze you for two weeks so they can let you go right after the second week
- They are super nice to you because they want you to work hard till you go home and pass out.
- The agencies are always delaying your pay everytime.
- 10 people got fired before I started and few later because they cannot meet the picking expectation
- Because people are rushing to pick pieces, there is always broken boxes in every isles.
- TLs or supervisors are not the greatest people. I do not think I ever saw people working upstairs in the office. Its really quite. I guess they are mainly in the warehouse. Most of the management?
There is much more to be said. I advice really not to work for them.

Thornhill, Canada

#4620 Sep 3, 2013
I can't believe so many people still talk on here. Thomas, get off the coke. Eddie you sound like a moron.

Thornhill, Canada

#4622 Sep 12, 2013
Someone needs to stick it to that nurse, maybe she won't be such a c**t
Super Loader

Toronto, Canada

#4623 Sep 13, 2013
Rto wrote:
Someone needs to stick it to that nurse, maybe she won't be such a c**t
I wish, she has a smokin little body.

Cayuga, Canada

#4625 Sep 14, 2013
Are they seriously writing people up for cico's now?

Cayuga, Canada

#4626 Sep 14, 2013
Super Loader wrote:
<quoted text>I wish, she has a smokin little body.
Didn't you know. The lead sup on p2 is banging her

Toronto, Canada

#4627 Sep 27, 2013
also a few bus drivers from what I hear.....

Pickering, Canada

#4628 Oct 3, 2013
So the union thinks they can sneak in the back door and count on all the bitter aspect drones who are getting in shit for not doing their jobs very well.
Lim Edition

Cayuga, Canada

#4629 Oct 5, 2013

Straight from the horses mouth today, Pickers only good for 78% and that average is just unacceptable.

With Selectors being bounced from job to job sometimes 2 to 3 times a night without time blocks I might add, it's no wonder that the latest reports give them an overall performance average of a measly 78%. Do they however factor in the amount of writeups that have increased for trivial things such as forgetting to CICO or flow time for under a minute?. While our jobs are standard based and the notion to squeeze every bit of blood from our stones is understandably necessary for this business; In the process what has been created is a very sad work environment and that coupled with time standards that have been heavily fluctuating for the last few weeks make for a confusing and very stressful situation indeed. They must already know this for the stress management cards placed on the cafeteria tables tell an all too familiar story. The real question here may be whether we can weather this new storm on their shiny new playground, for they have to pay for it somehow!

reporter for Lim Edition 05|10|13

(We so need this)

Whitehorse, Canada

#4630 Oct 7, 2013
I AM LOBLAW wrote:
and i just cut 700 jobs....youre all next
I quit already... so you're a bit late... try again later. maybe you'll catch me working for you, or likely not.

Toronto, Canada

#4631 Oct 8, 2013
instead writing up morons who can't remember to CICO, they should just not tell them and let you work for free. Losing out an a days pay would help you remember.
aspect man

Pickering, Canada

#4632 Oct 11, 2013
Come join our party brothers and sisters if lim.

Asoect has a deal to vote on so that we become trolls like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Modern home furniture supplier Tue Sincerefs 1
Guaranteed Real Estate Loans - 100% LTV - NO FI... (Jul '13) Tue YIRMASTER 44
Morgan Stanley CEO Gorman takes aim at quarterl... Tue openmind693 1
AT&T's DirecTV Now online video service to cost... Tue openmind693 1
U.S. judge approves $14.7 billion settlement ov... Tue openmind693 1
Adidas stops financial aid to Germany's anti-do... Tue openmind693 1
News Tom Hayden, Social Activist, Politician Dead at 76 Mon Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web