Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 Full story: The Canadian Press 4,564

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Full Story
RTO

Pickering, Canada

#4588 May 31, 2013
I tend to agree that some sups have no clue, we see it day in day out but it's hardly their fault when you have a bunch of immature managers who know nothing of what happens on the floor, and refuse to listen to the problems that are plagueing the company infusing their thinking into company practices. This was Atlas's downfall and when LIM came they kept the same management team. Change the management team to one which respects their employees, implement LEAN thinking to provide communication from both perspectives, and abolish this old school assumption that more discipline means more
productivity, safety, etc. Respect for the company has a better chance of succeeding if it starts from the company. Failing to do so will just create a workplace full of animosity.
former employee

Oshawa, Canada

#4589 Jun 4, 2013
you must be on crack or up in management....this place is full of constant safety issues. How can you honestly say that this stuff don't exist? The only way to fix this company is to get someone starting as a probationary employee from the upper management that has never been there and to ensure that no one knows who he or she is. Let them see first hand how hard employees there have to work and to be constantly harrassed from supervisors on their numbers. But the sad part is that nothing will ever be done. Does anyone really believe that MOL would actually do something to shut this company down, the answer is never in a million years. Just think on how much money this company pays to the government everyday, do you really think the government wants to shut down a place like this....The bottom line here is that this company treats it's employee's like shit....I can honestly say that almost all selectors bust their ass to make a wage...they are treated worst than dogs and unless you have worked on the floor you'll never know what these workers go through...
your mama wrote:
<quoted text>
then quit and stop bitching or call the mol and get them to deal with the issues you whine about.
you will not quit and you will not call mol cuz the stuff you cry about does not exist.
just do your job
Andrew Wind

Oshawa, Canada

#4590 Jun 4, 2013
There is nothing wrong with safety at LIM. yes we have lost a leg or 2 and a few deaths in shelbyville. But those Shelbyvillians know that product comes first before an employees right! I Joined CAW as a goofy looking carnie looking for a a steady job and after blowing many guys like Rand Russel, Greg Vick, Steve Rutherford, banging Jen Crowley, and once giving Homer Bailey a handjob I have moved up! just keep working fast and get product out the doors and you will be ok in this company/union! btw vote for my sidekick Weatherman aka Jeremy o reilly as commitee member! we worked the carnie grounds together for years! all hail the leather jackets and the blue bandana of eric van shittering!!!
Paul Metz

Oshawa, Canada

#4591 Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone know how to get dandruff out of a beard.... i think it might be romesh or chris Lieandtells crabs after all...discard message!
Gipski

Oshawa, Canada

#4592 Jun 5, 2013
If I dont get a vto soon I will throw another panic attack so I can go home and smoke a bong load and masterbate to some star wars dude!!
Sneep Dog

Oshawa, Canada

#4593 Jun 5, 2013
Hey Gipski come by my place we can jerk off to some star wars together then goto Sgt. Peppers for a few pints with the rest of the boys on p2!
OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYY YY

Pickering, Canada

#4595 Jun 7, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
this guy is still posting?
He must be one of those guys who gets thrown around in the aisles and has his lunch money stolen, then goes home to his girlfriend taking his cheque and sleeping with his bestfriend, so he comes here and talks smack about the guys on second shift who are waaaaayyy better than him, in every way possible.
You'll see him on 2nd shift today sitting in a corner by himself, wondering why women don't want to touch his dong and no one comes over to his place to hang out, unless his g/f is home.
LoL

Canada

#4596 Jun 7, 2013
How's the new UNIFOR? LMAO
curious

Pickering, Canada

#4597 Jun 12, 2013
where is logistics in motions' head offices
Selex

Toronto, Canada

#4598 Jun 12, 2013
I'm kind of guessing but isn't LIM basically just Loblaws? There head office would be in Brampton then.
AMI

Whitby, Canada

#4599 Jun 12, 2013
are you serious, lim is part of metro supply chain group a third party overseer of the operations, smart move by loblaws to guarantee their costs..... ever heard of google??
earvine

Pickering, Canada

#4600 Jun 13, 2013
Just found out through the pipes from head office. Big Bosses not happy with the way Ajax facility is being run and bringing in their own guys. hahaha.
bye bye cocky pricks!
LoL

Canada

#4601 Jun 13, 2013
Uh oh Loblaws heavy hitters are finaly going to take over control again?
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4602 Jun 13, 2013
All over the Loblaw DC network is proof 3rd party is a bust. Loblaw took over Regina from Canadian Logistics, just a matter of time before there is a new sign Loblaw going up at Ajax.
LoL

Canada

#4603 Jun 13, 2013
Aspect will be first when Loblaws comes in and lays down the law on the non union workforce they can push to the possible limits of productivty
Thirsty

Whitby, Canada

#4604 Jun 19, 2013
I went to the local No Frills to purchase some of my favorite beverage only to find out they were out of Kool Aid? Is there a Kool Aid shortage at the DC? You guys go no more Kool Aid???
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4605 Jun 19, 2013
we no longer carry cool-aid
LoL

Canada

#4606 Jun 20, 2013
The Countdown to total analassasination is on at LIM and Aspect
LoL

Kitchener, Canada

#4607 Jun 27, 2013
Did they muzzle your internet identities? LMAO Now that's power over you useless CAW UNIFOR Chimps. I over heard a conversation between Wind and OPs the other day and all I can confirm 100% that was said was Wind saying “Ok.. If that's what you need I won't say anything”
LIM4LIFE

Whitby, Canada

#4608 Jun 29, 2013
LoL, quit yapping with your pseudo knowledge, state what is going to happen exactly and a time frame or shut your mouth, just another keyboard cowboy stirring up shit, acting like a web forums troll looking for attention

put up or shut up, say something with substance we may listen to you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama calls for tougher Internet regulation 5 hr Your Ex 249
Internet slowdown 10 hr Lamer 141
need investor for setup a business in bangladesh 12 hr bdboy87 2
Disney Confirms New Zealand Shoot For 'Pete's D... 21 hr Ritadominic01 1
Good ATM SKIMMER FOR SALE VENDOR 22 hr jack 3
Apartments,Townships in Jaipur, Neemrana, Bhiwa... 23 hr Rajat 1
farmer paul Sat moody farms 1

Business News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE