Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4670 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

rto

Ajax, Canada

#4416 Feb 8, 2013
the only people that know are the negotiating committee.However one of the members said to me that we will be happy with the offer.
The Goods

Waterloo, Canada

#4417 Feb 8, 2013
The CAW won't tell us anything its all what we are hearing they are a total joke and know nothing about this business people are saying we should have went with the union that has the better contract already
The Goods

Waterloo, Canada

#4418 Feb 8, 2013
rto wrote:
the only people that know are the negotiating committee.However one of the members said to me that we will be happy with the offer.
Who said this? I won't be happy unless I am on par with the other contract in Cambridge with wages pension benifits guarenteed hours voluntary overtime .... All of it
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4419 Feb 8, 2013
give me give me give me

you gotta put in years and earn it

how could you not know the details if you are to vote on sat. or is that not real either?
Wefuked

Canada

#4420 Feb 8, 2013
Is that fat trainer guy retarded. On 2nd shift. Always has that other numtee at his side and the little coloured fellow that nobody likes. What's his deal? Why is he always telling me what do to?
Ajax, Canada

#4421 Feb 8, 2013
It looks like nobody is showing up tonight because of the weather. They just did a major run of write ups and now expect people to come in early to help them out. Good luck with that!
Second thoughts

Bowmanville, Canada

#4423 Feb 8, 2013
The Goods wrote:
Its apparently .50 a year for 3 years, No 40hr guarentee,$1500 signing bonus I got this from a good source
Everyone has a "good source" it seems... We'll see tomorrow I guess.
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4424 Feb 8, 2013
good source?

start selling what these people are smoking cuz no one is on the same page
The Goods

Waterloo, Canada

#4425 Feb 9, 2013
I was told by management that we are in trouble no matter what happens because Loblaws is going to open a 3rd DC and close LIM and Aspect in the next 3 years anyway because we are like a dog that lays on its back to piss when it comes to performance and customer service
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4426 Feb 9, 2013
so if another dc is coming then all the slugs that came from sobeys will soon be able to move on to this new dc and try and get the caw more unhappy slaves

i will belive there is another dc coming when i see the sign going up on the building. wonder if it would be metro or an onther 3rd party
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4427 Feb 9, 2013
The Goods wrote:
I was told by management that we are in trouble no matter what happens because Loblaws is going to open a 3rd DC and close LIM and Aspect in the next 3 years anyway because we are like a dog that lays on its back to piss when it comes to performance and customer service
And I suppose management knows all
The Goods

Waterloo, Canada

#4428 Feb 9, 2013
Its in Cornwal google it there should be a news article about it
The Goods

Waterloo, Canada

#4429 Feb 9, 2013
aspectman wrote:
so if another dc is coming then all the slugs that came from sobeys will soon be able to move on to this new dc and try and get the caw more unhappy slaves
i will belive there is another dc coming when i see the sign going up on the building. wonder if it would be metro or an onther 3rd party

3rd party is finished its going all Loblows again the transition has started recently in other provinces
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4430 Feb 9, 2013
thats the dc that is gonna kill union jobs in qubec
nope

Oshawa, Canada

#4431 Feb 9, 2013
So what is the deal with the new contract? Meeting was at 10am.
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4432 Feb 9, 2013
nope wrote:
So what is the deal with the new contract? Meeting was at 10am.
are you sure?

people on here had three dif versions of the deal and had you all voting at two different times today.
fdsafas

Ajax, Canada

#4433 Feb 9, 2013
aspectman wrote:
remember i can walk up to you after 4 hours and say go home u f'r there is no work and i do not wanna pay you to stand around and pull ur pud!
you can't tell us a thing you loser. Back to trolling, have fun.
Aspect donkey

Bowmanville, Canada

#4434 Feb 9, 2013
80% voted yes done deal
Old fat don't know how to drive a truck,receivers do well by 2015 if they last that long
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4435 Feb 9, 2013
fdsafas wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't tell us a thing you loser. Back to trolling, have fun.
xoxoxo
Details

Waterloo, Canada

#4436 Feb 9, 2013
Details please

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
50 Cent, Drake, Uncle Murda, Dak Prescott, Step... Tue YaoMing456 1
Dak Prescott : The Machine Tue YaoMing456 1
I Love Kickboxing in Exton, PA (Jan '17) Tue Shanda 11
The New G-Unit Mon YaoMing456 1
Majid Jordan : The Space Between/OVO Dec 11 YaoMing456 1
OVO: DVSN Morning After Album Dec 11 YaoMing456 1
Dak Prescott, Alfred Morris, Rod Smith WK14 Win Dec 11 YaoMing456 1
More from around the web