New Mexico slaughterhouse becomes ground zero in emotional debate over horse slaughter

Full story: The Washington Post

Valley Meat Co. owner Rick De Los Santos stands in a corral area outside the former cattle slaughterhouse he has converted to a horse slaughter facility in Roswell, N.M., Monday, April 15, 2013.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated May 8, 2013
jou world order

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

susan carter

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Hope Roswell is ready for an environmental catastrophe... Go to the internet and google " Kaufman texas horse slaughter plant.' Are you ready for blood coming up in your bathtubs and sink? ready for horrendous smells and flies? Get ready.
jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

There is no market for horse meat. the eu bans export and Americans don't want bute, de wormer infused meat. it takes 45 min. to beat one horse to death. the bolt doesn't work bk of the placement of the brain. we will not subsidize greed and violence. go home de los santos.
pat joseph

El Cerrito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

No way! Horse slaughter is a way to put poison into the human food chain. Ok Roswell, you will be bankrupted by the cleanup of remains and the blood contamination of your water table. Your town will have the stench of dead horses. Ugh! Goodbye property values. My advice to citizens is sell out now before the housing crash.
susan carter

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Look at de los santos's track record already at that location. He was shut down as a beef operation. How could Roswell allow him to open again. He is a felon , who lied on his applications. With a boss like this, you can bet his empoyees will be just like him. Watch the bones pile up and the blood run in the ditches. If you listen you will hear the screams of the horses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••