Conservatives resolute on Obamacare, ...

Conservatives resolute on Obamacare, but Sen. Coburn says strategy won't work

There are 84 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 22, 2013, titled Conservatives resolute on Obamacare, but Sen. Coburn says strategy won't work. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

"I think it's a great attempt to raise the issue of some of the weaknesses and the problems with Obamacare, but it's not a tactic that we can actually carry out and be successful," Sen. Tom Coburn said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#47 Sep 25, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, exactly!
There is NOTHING AFFORDABLE about Obamacare!
Not affordable for the people who are being FORCED to pay monthly health insurance premiums and pay deductibles and co-pays.
Not affordable for the government who is not even disclosing HOW MUCH money the government WILL save by DEFUNDING it! How MUCH is Obamacare expected to COST the government?
The ONLY WINNERS are the health insurance companies gathering monthly premiums from each and every citizen in this country!!!
<plus, don't forget all the medical equipment manufacturers who have to pay an Obama-tax on each and every product they manufacture>
<what a scam!>
Exactly, if health insurance was affordable for the working class and could be entered into their budgets, wouldn't they have already done it? Somehow forcing it on people makes it more affordable, don't make me laugh. The repercussions from this will be felt for decades, but hey, just bite the bullet. Here is a tidbit of a personal account with school taxes. At a meeting 6 years ago in our school district, the libturds wanted a fancier school. They proposed raising taxes (biting the bullet) to fund this. The majority of the asswipes lost their over-priced homes in that bid when the market collapsed. Wonder if it was worth it?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#48 Sep 25, 2013
CZars_R_Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals aren't capitalistic, they are communist.!! They just want to control everything; even though they have never worked for anything. They have to bribe the masses to get the votes of the poor and the illegals who don't understand. Someday soon they will run out of other peoples money.
You'd never know it the way they are pushing everyone onto insurance coverage. The politicians got in on the ground floor investments. Talk about insider trading, and Pelosi is the greatest offender. Why isn't she in prison. Too ugly.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#49 Sep 25, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, exactly!
There is NOTHING AFFORDABLE about Obamacare!
Not affordable for the people who are being FORCED to pay monthly health insurance premiums and pay deductibles and co-pays.
Not affordable for the government who is not even disclosing HOW MUCH money the government WILL save by DEFUNDING it! How MUCH is Obamacare expected to COST the government?
The ONLY WINNERS are the health insurance companies gathering monthly premiums from each and every citizen in this country!!!
<plus, don't forget all the medical equipment manufacturers who have to pay an Obama-tax on each and every product they manufacture>
<what a scam!>
You can't get much more misinformed than this! I'll bet you even believe this nonsense or else you are one of those theives who can't "afford" healthcare and is more than willing to just let the rest of us pay for your care when you or one of your family members shows up at the E.R. This is just total, blatant ignorance and I am not willing to pay your bills anymore. If you get sick and can't pay for your own care, then you should just have to make do. Just like if you own an automobile yet can't or won't obtain insurance, you should not be allowed to register and drive it legally. I'm tired of carrying y'all on my back all the time and I'll bet most of everybody else is as well..
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#50 Sep 25, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, exactly!
There is NOTHING AFFORDABLE about Obamacare!
Not affordable for the people who are being FORCED to pay monthly health insurance premiums and pay deductibles and co-pays.
Not affordable for the government who is not even disclosing HOW MUCH money the government WILL save by DEFUNDING it! How MUCH is Obamacare expected to COST the government?
The ONLY WINNERS are the health insurance companies gathering monthly premiums from each and every citizen in this country!!!
<plus, don't forget all the medical equipment manufacturers who have to pay an Obama-tax on each and every product they manufacture>
<what a scam!>
Second That!

Saw an article today that the lower plans are about $330 and will drop under $100 AFTER tax subsidies. So if you qualify for ObamaCare do you have to front the money and claim the money back on your income taxes? Is there additional paper with the government for those subsidies? Also since many people pay to have their taxes done how will this affect the tax preparers bill?

AND the cheaper plans only cover 60%/have a 40% copay in many cases. There are still places charging $3000 for an MRI so if you get an MRI that's still $1200 bill for the patient and you haven't even gotten into actual treatment yet.

Key words: subsidies & co pays/deductables.

Too many people still think this about care which it is not. It is about INSURANCE. Wait until people find out it's not just about flashing that new Obama Care INSURANCE card at the doctor's office.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#51 Sep 25, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get much more misinformed than this! I'll bet you even believe this nonsense or else you are one of those theives who can't "afford" healthcare and is more than willing to just let the rest of us pay for your care when you or one of your family members shows up at the E.R. This is just total, blatant ignorance and I am not willing to pay your bills anymore. If you get sick and can't pay for your own care, then you should just have to make do. Just like if you own an automobile yet can't or won't obtain insurance, you should not be allowed to register and drive it legally. I'm tired of carrying y'all on my back all the time and I'll bet most of everybody else is as well..
With all you stated you should be for repealing the insidious ACA since it takes care of nothing you claimed.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#52 Sep 25, 2013
In states where there is less competition, we are seeing higher rates. It depends very much where you are, said Gary Cohen, director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at HHS. For example, a family of four in Jackson, Miss., with an income of $50,000 would have to pay $1,200 a month for a "silver" plan if they didn't qualify for government help -- although they'd pay just $282 after the federal tax credit they almost certainly would qualify for. So, a family of 4 pays out an extra $14,400.00 per year just for insurance they may or may not use. That cuts deeply into college tuition, food, electric, heating oil, TAXES (oo, they are never reduced)and any OTHER "frivolity" of life.
Lamer

Norwalk, OH

#53 Sep 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
With all you stated you should be for repealing the insidious ACA since it takes care of nothing you claimed.
It does a lot to mitigate the socialism when it comes to ER visits to those with no insurance. Right now, with zero insurance, you will still get help at the ER and most likely be credited a large amount of the bill that is paid for by taxes. Our healthcare before the ACA already has many socialism facets. I have not seen one republican offer a solution to those besides pulling funding and saying tough luck to those without insurance.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#54 Sep 25, 2013
Some more on MINIMUM costs.

For the silver plan you have to hit $2000 a year in deductibles before the INSURANCE company covers 100% of the bill. You also have to pay 20% of costs, the plan only covers 80% of the bill.

The bronze plans have a $3200 a year deductible and only covers 60% of cost.

So by the time you pay premiums, copays, deductables and other non covered expenses you are already into the vicinity of the existing health INSURANCE/heath care price structure. So why bother and/or if you couldn't afford it under the old system the ACA aka Obama Care will still put the same financial stresses on you.

http://www.egtrust.org/BRONZE%20PLAN%20 (includes%20Preventive%20Drug% 20List%20Pre-Certification%20L ist%20Consult%20A%20Doctor%20a nd%20Wellness%20Preventive%20F lyer)%20effective%209-1-11.pdf

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/13/news/economy/...

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#55 Sep 25, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
It does a lot to mitigate the socialism when it comes to ER visits to those with no insurance. Right now, with zero insurance, you will still get help at the ER and most likely be credited a large amount of the bill that is paid for by taxes. Our healthcare before the ACA already has many socialism facets. I have not seen one republican offer a solution to those besides pulling funding and saying tough luck to those without insurance.
It is easier to complain than create...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#56 Sep 25, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
It does a lot to mitigate the socialism when it comes to ER visits to those with no insurance. Right now, with zero insurance, you will still get help at the ER and most likely be credited a large amount of the bill that is paid for by taxes. Our healthcare before the ACA already has many socialism facets. I have not seen one republican offer a solution to those besides pulling funding and saying tough luck to those without insurance.
You do realize that a hospital is only obligated to stabilize you if you have no insurance, right. Once stabilized they will kick you back to your private doctor. I know several cases of this happening. You also realize that since hospitals are for profit these days, any losses they incur are used directly against there tax bill. Since there has been no attempt of compromise by the Dems who signed this ACA monstrosity, how can the Repubs provide any solutions and revamps? C'mon.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#57 Sep 25, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get much more misinformed than this! I'll bet you even believe this nonsense or else you are one of those theives who can't "afford" healthcare and is more than willing to just let the rest of us pay for your care when you or one of your family members shows up at the E.R. This is just total, blatant ignorance and I am not willing to pay your bills anymore. If you get sick and can't pay for your own care, then you should just have to make do. Just like if you own an automobile yet can't or won't obtain insurance, you should not be allowed to register and drive it legally. I'm tired of carrying y'all on my back all the time and I'll bet most of everybody else is as well..
By the way, have you looked at your auto policy lately? You already pay for under insured and uninsured. When auto insurance was mandate in the mid seventies, those weren't part of the deal. But, gradually increases took place and those were added. They carry the illegals and those who can't afford but the bare minimum on insurance policies. That will indeed happen in the ACA, mark my words.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#58 Sep 25, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get much more misinformed than this! I'll bet you even believe this nonsense or else you are one of those theives who can't "afford" healthcare and is more than willing to just let the rest of us pay for your care when you or one of your family members shows up at the E.R. This is just total, blatant ignorance and I am not willing to pay your bills anymore. If you get sick and can't pay for your own care, then you should just have to make do. Just like if you own an automobile yet can't or won't obtain insurance, you should not be allowed to register and drive it legally. I'm tired of carrying y'all on my back all the time and I'll bet most of everybody else is as well..
Don't get your panties in a knot.

Next thing you know you'll be making foolish comments and false accusations. Oh, sorry, too late!!!!
alan

Livonia, LA

#59 Sep 25, 2013
look up bisexual visibility day at white house on sept.24,2013

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#60 Sep 25, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get your panties in a knot.
Next thing you know you'll be making foolish comments and false accusations. Oh, sorry, too late!!!!
Cute. Tee Hee Hee, dearie.
You are excused for your ignorance and pompous ass. You apparently have absolutely no idea about what you are speaking, and your oblivion would be embarrassing if you had any concept of your woeful status.
In other words, you are in way, way over your head.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#62 Sep 26, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute. Tee Hee Hee, dearie.
You are excused for your ignorance and pompous ass. You apparently have absolutely no idea about what you are speaking, and your oblivion would be embarrassing if you had any concept of your woeful status.
In other words, you are in way, way over your head.
So why is no one giving the DOLLAR AMOUNT needed to for the government to 'fund' Obamacare??

We pay our own way and AGAIN we pay to fund the government's Obamacare liability.

We pay and pay and pay.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#63 Sep 26, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>Define Communism
Liberalism.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#64 Sep 26, 2013
cobum calls out boner's house as not addressing wasteful spending.

Start with the anti-government red states.

hahahahahahahahaha
reality

Cleveland, OH

#65 Sep 26, 2013
Number one priority on the list is dumping obamacare. The priority immediately after that is the dumping of obama.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#66 Sep 26, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, if health insurance was affordable for the working class and could be entered into their budgets, wouldn't they have already done it? Somehow forcing it on people makes it more affordable, don't make me laugh. The repercussions from this will be felt for decades, but hey, just bite the bullet. Here is a tidbit of a personal account with school taxes. At a meeting 6 years ago in our school district, the libturds wanted a fancier school. They proposed raising taxes (biting the bullet) to fund this. The majority of the asswipes lost their over-priced homes in that bid when the market collapsed. Wonder if it was worth it?
The Aca has nothing to do with insurance or health. We already had both. It was the lefts way to add freebies to low information voters through the new 21 new taxes.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#67 Sep 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Aca has nothing to do with insurance or health. We already had both. It was the lefts way to add freebies to low information voters through the new 21 new taxes.
Harry Reid admitted this will eventually lead to a single payer system(socialism)which the real Americans definitely don't want. This train wreck is the perfect way to push this country towards socialism which has been proven not to work. Just ask all the other countries going conservative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 9 min Aquarius-WY 162
Air Conditioner Repair (Nov '13) Fri Bivhab 4
best dumps track 1 and 2 https://brians.club/ (Jun '17) May 25 Drop 2
10 Steps to Increase Your HVAC Business (Dec '12) May 22 HomeAlliance 2
News Senate backs effort to restore a net neutrality... May 21 Impeach the Creep 14
News Storage Will Be Energy's Next Big Thing May 20 Solarman 1
News Senate votes for net neutrality return, but maj... May 17 He Named Me Black... 5