Crown Capital Management - BIOMASS as...

Crown Capital Management - BIOMASS as a fuel for Boilers

Posted in the Business News Forum

Alysia Power

Netherlands

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Hi, I would like to know further about this topic, I wanted to have a clear understanding of what biomass is and what can it do to me. I am more like a doomsday prepper too and this caught my interest.

Since: Nov 12

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Dec 16, 2012
I am not in favor of that prepper thing although this topic is really relevant to people so all of us should have a better understanding of the topic.
Macy Sudden

Turkey

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Biomass is biological material derived from living, or recently living organisms. In the context of biomass for energy this is often used to mean plant based material, but biomass can equally apply to both animal and vegetable derived material.
Richard

UK

#5 Dec 16, 2012
Biomass is energy that is stored in organic, biological material made from the sun made by living organisms. Plants use energy from the sun to convert into energy. This is done during the process of photosynthesis. Just copied this one. I sounded so smart though!
azeneth cande

Fullerton, CA

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Wow, you are really asking what it can do for you?? Just for you huh. Oh well anyway, if it is what you want, it can do good for you because your environment will be less polluted and you can become healthier.

Since: Feb 13

Tuggerah, Australia

#10 Feb 4, 2013
i am delighted with your impressive words. please keep posting these awesome articles.

Since: Feb 13

Netherlands

#11 Mar 6, 2013
Everyone is talking about the advantages and how much good biomass could do for us, maybe we are forgetting that there is always two sides of the coin. There are much disadvantage as well but at least lesser than the energy we are currently using now.
Rad Arnold

Germany

#12 Mar 6, 2013
I thought everyone here night be interested in this. Here are some advantages of
Biomass:

A renewable energy source derived from woody plants such as trees; sawmill co-
products; wood waste and other plant material (grasses and straw).

Regarded as “carbon-neutral” because the burning of biomass releases about
the same amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as it had absorbed while it
was growing.

Renewable because trees and crops can be replanted to replace what has been
used.

Generally regarded as an environmentally sustainable fuel source when it is
derived from sustainably managed forests, such as those in the UK.
Biomass Energy systems can generally provide:

A low carbon footprint compared to other fossil fuels.

A lower delivered energy cost compared to other fossil fuel alternatives.

Heating and Hot Water.

Process Hot Water and Steam.

Combined Heat and Power.

Heat, Power and Cooling (Tri-generation).
Biomass energy installations are often eligible for Capital Grant aid or may be
eligible for Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROC’s) and the Renewable Heat
Incentive (RHI). In addition, certain biomass boiler installations are eligible for
Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA).
Raphael Emch

Switzerland

#13 Mar 6, 2013
I agree with you, and here are some of the disadvantages. 1) Cost of construction of biogas plant is high, so only rich people can use it. 2) Continuous supply of biomass is required to generate biomass energy. 3) Some people don’t like to cook food on biogas produced from sewage waste. 4) Biogas plant requires space and produces dirty smell. 5) Due to improper construction many biogas plants are working inefficiently. 6) It is difficult to store biogas in cylinders. 7) Transportation of biogas through pipe over long distances is difficult. 8) Many easily grown grains like corn, wheat are being used to make ethanol. This can have bad consequences if too much of food crop is diverted for use as fuel. 9) Crops which are used to produce biomass energy are seasonal and are not available over whole year.
Akona Tingle

San Diego, CA

#14 Mar 14, 2013
I would like to presage you on what might and could happen. We are all overwhelmed of all the things that could go right if ever we all switched to biomass and renewable but the intensity of our excitement might get us into trouble, you know there are a lot of people out there that is just waiting for us to become vulnerable so they could attack, maybe one time someone will approach you over the internet or in person using this issue to get money from you. Just saying that we should not forget about the people who are plotting frauds against us. May this serve as a fraud warning?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punk Devil Fashion Dress Clothing For Party,Ste... 5 hr Andymolly 1
SkimmingWorld.com ?? 9 hr rockdumps 22
Aluminum Collapsible Tubes Production Line, Ext... Tue altubecan 1
High Speed Tubes Line, Aluminum Collapsible Tub... Tue altubecan 1
Aluminum Tubes Line, Aluminum Can Line China Su... Tue altubecan 1
News Presidential debate: Will Obama or Romney win t... (Oct '12) May 18 Brain Cancer 41
News Protests planned Thursday on FCC's vote to over... May 17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 2
More from around the web