Battle Lines in Treating Depression

Battle Lines in Treating Depression

There are 7 comments on the New York Times story from Sep 9, 2006, titled Battle Lines in Treating Depression. In it, New York Times reports that:

By BARNABY J. FEDER Published: September 10, 2006 TAMARA KNIGHT remembers little of the summer of 2004 beyond a numbing despair that resisted 16 different antidepressant drugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Yada

Humble, TX

#1 Sep 9, 2006
Time to stop using lay terms such as 'depression' because nobody knows what that means. This whole article was one of a lady's personal anguish and yet her diagnosis remains elusive. It would appear that her diagnosis is not known.
The word 'depression' is not a diagnosis. The phrase'depressed mood' has been included as a symptom in the DSMIV-TR for major depressive disorder.
No wonder she cannot get any better. Nobody knows what her diagnosis is hence how to treat it. Dang!
I a tired of the inaccurate babble!
Kansas

Wichita, KS

#2 Sep 9, 2006
Yada wrote:
Time to stop using lay terms such as 'depression' because nobody knows what that means. This whole article was one of a lady's personal anguish and yet her diagnosis remains elusive. It would appear that her diagnosis is not known.
The word 'depression' is not a diagnosis. The phrase'depressed mood' has been included as a symptom in the DSMIV-TR for major depressive disorder.
No wonder she cannot get any better. Nobody knows what her diagnosis is hence how to treat it. Dang!
I a tired of the inaccurate babble!
I think depression ( or whatever you call it ) is the result of supressed anger, example, anger your spouse died, anger you were talked into a money losing business deal, anger you live in the rat race and owe to much to get out. Because it's "not nice" to be angry or ( God forbid ) you question the popular culture, you supress your anger and it expresses itself as....depression ( or whatever you want to call it ). Interested in your educated opinion of my laymans opinion. By the way, I'm not angry or that term you don't like.
Yada

Humble, TX

#3 Sep 10, 2006
In terms of known biochemistry, physiology and neurology you are right. Anger, anxiety and feelings of demoralization or defeat use the same pathways and chemistry in the human body. The language we use is based on the human perception of cause for their feelings. If you feel insecure but cannot identify a specific threat, it is anxiety. If you identify a threat that you can handle then its anger. If you cannot handle the threat, it is fear and feelings of defeat. How's that for a straight answer.
Kansas

Wichita, KS

#4 Sep 10, 2006
Yada wrote:
In terms of known biochemistry, physiology and neurology you are right. Anger, anxiety and feelings of demoralization or defeat use the same pathways and chemistry in the human body. The language we use is based on the human perception of cause for their feelings. If you feel insecure but cannot identify a specific threat, it is anxiety. If you identify a threat that you can handle then its anger. If you cannot handle the threat, it is fear and feelings of defeat. How's that for a straight answer.
Excellent, I'm copying and pasting to my notes.
charlie Barrington il

AOL

#5 Sep 18, 2006
it not supressed anger its more supressed probleems like im someone lost a love one its not anger its feeling sad and if u hold it in to long it all builds up and just u cant stop feeling sad
Kansas

Wichita, KS

#6 Sep 19, 2006
charlie Barrington il wrote:
it not supressed anger its more supressed probleems like im someone lost a love one its not anger its feeling sad and if u hold it in to long it all builds up and just u cant stop feeling sad
Thats called "Not having a life", let me guess, it was your mom or....your "best" friend and now you feel sorry for yourself, yes you see yourself as the victim of their death and victims are powerless and your only joy is self pity and masturbation.
Johnathan
#7 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Business News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 5 hr RustyS 140
Air Conditioner Repair (Nov '13) 9 hr HomeAlliance 3
10 Steps to Increase Your HVAC Business (Dec '12) 9 hr HomeAlliance 2
News Senate backs effort to restore a net neutrality... Mon Impeach the Creep 14
News Storage Will Be Energy's Next Big Thing May 20 Solarman 1
News Senate votes for net neutrality return, but maj... May 17 He Named Me Black... 5
News Police: Rapper T.I. arrested outside his gated ... May 17 nope 2