Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Contr...

Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

There are 5105 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1515 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't involve me in your delusions, dipstick.
Only if I had a harpoon and my name was Ahab.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1516 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it works, SweetGums, is:**YOU** make the assertion,**YOU** back it up.
You made the assertion that more people have been harmed by failed parking brakes then firearms, I am asking you to back it up.
Do you want to stick to fatalities?
Your a Fing dumbazz.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1517 Aug 11, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You keep proving you are an idiot =.
Yet I continue to prove you are a phqing liar, to royally bitchslap you on a daily basis, and to point out that you maintain an unbroken streak of off topic, cross-posted series of DumboSpams.

Location hidden

#1518 Aug 11, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
By firing the weapon discharges the bullet from the cartridge and the barrel.
Bullets are discharged.

You keep working on that ESL class, Dumbo.

I'm not the one pretending that bullets don't come out of guns.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#1519 Aug 11, 2012
how tragic,

another death this morning,

caused by an automobile(not the driver)

when are you morons going to learn

do you realize anyone can go out and buy a car capable of killing hundreds of people ?

we need car control

ban the car

what is wrong with my guns anyway...

I have been watching them for daze now,
not a single one of my guns jumped up and killed anyone.

what is wrong with my guns ?

Location hidden

#1520 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
how tragic,
another death this morning,
caused by an automobile(not the driver)
Do give us a ring when someone sneaks an automobile into a 7/11 and kills the clerk for $40.

Location hidden

#1521 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
what is wrong with my guns ?
James Holmes didn't use a Subaru to kill those twelve people with a Subaru.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1522 Aug 11, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Years ago ,when very cheap weapons were made commonly referred to as "Saturday night specials" guns would fire when dropped.
Of course this still comes down to not following the safest of gun safety and carrying with a loaded chamber.
This was one of the biggest reasons they were banned from production.
There was an incident where a model discharged at a firing range when a defective gun was left chamber loaded and cocked and the sear did not hold but again operator / range officer error as most ranges make you completely unload you guns when the line goes cold.
Then of course, people who do not understand safe operation or gun mechanics take one or two stories and think it pertains to all weapons but these same people think Godzilla destroying Tokyo was a documentary.
The operator cause a condition to exist that was not present when the gun came from the factory. A new car will not run unless someone puts fuel in it. A drunk driver can not exist without something to drive. To load the gun is a conscious act not an accident or an action the gun did on it's own. The sear of a gun is very small and not intended to hold the spring tension indefinitely but just long enough for the operator to get on target so depending on it is not part of the owners manual as a safe condition. Buying a car, putting gas in it buying beer and drinking it then driving that car takes many steps that are not accidents so when you kill someone while driving drunk it was an effort not accident. It would not be the cars fault or the gas you put in it. It would be a conscious effort to cause an unsafe or dangerous condition. Owning a gun is a right, operating it is a responsibility just as free speech is a right but misusing it to cause harm to another without cause is a crime.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1523 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do give us a ring when someone sneaks an automobile into a 7/11 and kills the clerk for $40.
How did that person get to the 7/11 and made an escape from the7/11? The back seat of a many cars are to blame for many teen pregnant high school girls.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1524 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
James Holmes didn't use a Subaru to kill those twelve people with a Subaru.
But he did use a car to get there and to haul his weapons and ammo. He probably would have said "to hell with it" if he had to carry it all while wearing hot clothing on a warm night.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1525 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid people include the persons who hand off a loaded gun to someone else especially when the safety is off.
I guess that would be why hundreds are killed every year in gun accidents.
On top of the murders... and murder suicides... and mass shootings...
Would you get out of your car and leave the engine running and it still in gear? That would not be an accident. To start the engine, put it in gear then discontinue control over the machine would all be deliberate acts and not accidents.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1526 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I think I have a tear forming in one eye.
Bill of Rights doesn't include your need to make up for your physical shortcomings and exposing me and mine to deadly weapons that you don't know how to handle and refuse to lock up when not in use.
The Bill of rights doesn't include your need to make up for your shortcomings and exposing me and mine to your dangerous free speech that you can't handle and set off without any experience in the field you choose to use that free speech to alter.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1527 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tray told us dropped guns never fired when dropped.
Now it turns out the gun gnutters insist guns never fire when dropped... except when they are cheap guns or old guns or 357 revolvers or derringers...
Looks to me like some guns can fire when dropped.
I will be glad for you to prove that. I will put up whatever you want and let's find a gun store, buy ANY gun you want that is factory new and unaltered and drop it all you want. You get it to go off I will gladly pay up and eat crow.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#1528 Aug 11, 2012
there are not enough gun deaths

thats why our prisons are so full

what happened to the good ol daze ?

"you set foot on my property and I will shoot you"

lets fill the cemetaries, not the prisons

stop all gun control now

all gun laws are unconstitutional
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#1529 Aug 11, 2012
didnt that colo shooter know murder is illegal ?

didnt making it illegal to kill people end murder ?

since it is proven that laws dont stop crime,
why do these morons thing disarming honest citizens will control criminals ?

dont criminals obay the law ?

what is that saying about trying the same thing over n over expecting a different result ?

lets try something different

get rid of the police and arm the citizens

thats the only way

Location hidden

#1530 Aug 11, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> How did that person get to the 7/11 and made an escape from the7/11?
Gosh... he walked.

He did not hold up the store by pointing his shoes at the clerk, liar, nor did he point his Subaru or other conveyance when he robbed the clerk.

The thousands of women who have killed by the husbands holding the guns they say they bought to protect the home don't have your hindsight and were not able to outrun the bullets. The hundreds of children shot dead accidentally using guns left so stupidly by parents unlocked aren't going to be helped by your explanation of whether or not bullets are more responsible for flying out of the barrel than the gun itself.

Guns don't need special rights, azzwipe, nor do the people who own them.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#1531 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
there are not enough gun deaths
thats why our prisons are so full
what happened to the good ol daze ?
"you set foot on my property and I will shoot you"
lets fill the cemetaries, not the prisons
stop all gun control now
Every courthouse should have a spool of rope and a tall tree. Repeat offenders should not exist.

Location hidden

#1532 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
The Supreme Court of the USA says you are full of crapp.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#1533 Aug 11, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I will be glad for you to prove that. I will put up whatever you want and let's find a gun store, buy ANY gun you want that is factory new and unaltered and drop it all you want. You get it to go off I will gladly pay up and eat crow.
put a round under the hammer on a colt SAA .45 revolver

drop it on the hammer

there is no reason to go off topic

ignore the troll bareFOOL

Location hidden

#1534 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
didnt that colo shooter know murder is illegal ?
How many aliases did you post under this week, Shug?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlingame Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Gore praises Gov. Jerry Brown for climate ch... 15 min JohnInLa 29
News SF Murder Victim Identified As Daly City Man (Oct '08) Tue Anonymous 42
Get Revenge / Expert Life Destruction Jul 23 Vengeance For Hire 1
Are Apple iPhones VERY VERY fragile? Jul 23 Consumer 1
News Business Owners Raise More Complaints About Yelp (Dec '08) Jun '17 Yelp the new Enron 95
Need Help: 100-Year-Old Surprise Birthday Card ... Mar '17 ryan02004 1
News San Bruno snuffs out smoking: Attached unit ban... (Nov '16) Nov '16 carol 1

Burlingame Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlingame Mortgages