John Travolta's 16-year-old son dies in Bahamas

Full story: LA Daily News

John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after falling ill and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, police said Friday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard Alfaro

Coachella, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

John , I send my deepest condolences and love and prayer to your family.

kind regards,
Richard Alfaro

Coachella, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

My condolences to your family
Alaniz Family

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

We send our condolences to John & Kelly at this time. We will send our prayers and thoughts to your family.
just my 2 cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

so very sad, my deepest condolences to your family.
Patriot

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Deepest condolences to the Travolta family.
eddieVroom

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Judged:

Isn't that the son Travolta is rumored to have witheld medical treatment from because $cientology says "psych drugs" are an evil conspiracy?
DebRW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

What a tragedy for the Travolta family. My deepest condolences to the family during this most difficult time.
DebRW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Judged:

eddieVroom wrote:
Isn't that the son Travolta is rumored to have witheld medical treatment from because $cientology says "psych drugs" are an evil conspiracy?
I guess you never learned that "If you cannot say something nice, dont say anything at all." I hope you never have to experience the tragedy of losing a loved one.
Kathy

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

My condolences to the Travolta family in their time of need. My sympathies to all.
Karen

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

John, Kelly Travolta- My heart (has sunk hearing this news) and my prayers are with you during this time! I cannot imagine the pain your going through and hope that you will be able to heal and remember all the good times you had with Jett and remember He is always with you!
Who Cares

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Hopefully this will begin to shed some light on the cult of Scientology and their wacky medical practices.
DebRW wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you never learned that "If you cannot say something nice, dont say anything at all." I hope you never have to experience the tragedy of losing a loved one.
Desertdreamer

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

To the Travoltas I send my deepest condolences. May you find peace in believing Jett is in a better place. All my sympathy to you. God Bless You and Jett.

“working to pay obamas regime.”

Since: Mar 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

eddieVroom wrote:
I thought about that too... I had a friend that joined that cult after his mom died. He was only 19 years old. His mother left him quite a bit of money. He was out of money a year later, having spent it all at the 'church' getting all sorts of 'treatments'. I feel bad for the Travolta Family, however, I know how destructive the church is...
Empathy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

I don't know how people can be so cruel when it comes to other's choices. Whether Scientology is a cult or not, at least some are seeking something higher than oneself. Any idiot should know that life is more than our "minute" experience here. What are we going to say when we pass out of this life and face Jesus? I send my love to the Travolta's no matter what they belong to.
Judge Not

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Whoever the boy was that spent his inheritance was not because of any situation. He was not mature enough to manage his resources, which has nothing to do with age or the church. Many adults are no different. They drink, play the lottery, lavish clothes, etc. What do you spend your money on?
LEXUSRY

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FAMILY WHO ARE OUT OF SHAPE, SMOKE CIGARETTE, NO EXERCISE,AND SITTING AROUND WAITING FOR A MIRACLE. LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS ADVICE: EAT HEALTHY FOOD AND EXERCISE DAILY, STAY AWAY FROM SMOKERS
eddieVroom

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Well, here a former $cientologist who has seizures, and FOUGHT the church for years to stay on her anti-seizure meds without harassment. They got her to discontinue meds at one time, and she had a grand mal in the bathtub, fell and bashed out her front teeth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
North Hollywood CA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

My deepest condolences to you Mr. Travolta and your family. I can not imagine loosing a child. May God give you the stenght you need in this time of sorrow. With all the respect to you and your family.
U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Make another one.
Concerned Parent

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

This news is heartbreaking, not just because it involves someone I have enjoyed watching over the years, but it ws a child. No parent should ever have to bury a child. I am saddened and can not imagine what the family must be going through. I hope that regardless what the autopsy shows that they will be able to come to terms with his death. I hate to think that they witheld treatment due to religion, that would be a terrible cross to bear. The seizures could have caused the physical limits he faced,but an autopsy should confirm if his brain showed signs of autism. I dont expect them to release that, but I have to think the parents would be asking even if they have been taught it does not exist. It has to be going through their heads... May they find peace and strength. RIP Jett.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nassau, The Bahamas Discussions

Search the Nassau, The Bahamas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Southwest: You're now free to leave the country Jul 7 ramp rat 2
Nassau Music Thread (Oct '12) Jun 24 Musikologist 8
Caribbean Guru May '14 Th link 1
Caribbean Export Hosts the 3RD Caribbean Confer... Apr '14 Kurt Huggins 1
Haiti talks successful, says Bahamas minister Apr '14 Marvin 4
Cruise industry hits back over Bahamas 'free ri... Mar '14 Cowboy Sam 1
Taking A Cruise Volunteer Vacation Jan '14 HondurasChris 1
•••
•••