Friends recall Brazilian surfer

Friends recall Brazilian surfer

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Friends recall Brazilian surfer. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

By Leila Fujimori [email protected] A 33-year-old Brazilian surfer who died Wednesday after being pulled from waters off a Mokuleia beach had a history of epileptic seizures, his friends said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

J Elizabeth

AOL

#1 Feb 29, 2008
May he rest in peace. Aloha.
Lucas Schertel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

#2 Feb 29, 2008
I grew up with him. We used to go surfing and skating together. Barbacue whenever possible (his favorite meal). Chimbica, his nick name, was the best kind of people u could ever meet. We'll be really missed by friends and family!
Da-lhe Chimbica! Chinvaaaaaaaaaa!
Osama

San Diego, CA

#3 Feb 29, 2008
What a shame. Another young Brazilian surfer dies in his prime. People should never surf along, always with a buddy for this very reason
Lucas Schertel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

#4 Mar 1, 2008
He was surfing with one of his buddies but when they were about to leave he said "the waves are too good! Im going back to score one last right." and the rest is hist...
I would also like to send out maximum respect to Ian Wasnich and Jason Lee who promplty tried to lend him a hand! No words are enough to thank u guys for wat u did (if u ever get to read this)
Jason Lee

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2008
Lucas Schertel-aloha. thank you for the additional information on your post. I also want to say thank you for acknowledging our efforts to save Rodrigo. Its an emotional deal at times & it feels good to hear thanks coming from someone (you) who knew him well. It for some reason really helps me to complete the picture...To me & Ian & Marcelo he was a mystery...As his friend you can be proud to know that he practiced respect in the water. There were 6 of us in the water that day & all were sharing great waves with no one being greedy. It could have been the opposite. I've seen it out there many times in my 24 yrs of surfing that spot. By the way, he was ripping. I hope to meet you one day..your words had a huge positive impact on me. aloha.-Jason
Jason Lee

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Correction- I am in Wahiawa HI. Not Florida as it shows.
avlightning

United States

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Everyone died. This man
died in paradise, and died
surfing. God bless his soul.
avlightning

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latin Americans Cheering For Each Other _ For Now (Jun '14) Jul '14 Zanoni 2
News In southern Brazil, Germany gets World Cup support (Jul '14) Jul '14 UruEuWauWau 2
News Infants' Rotting Teeth Tied To Long-Term Breast... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Bruce Vafa DDS 1
News Brazil no safer a year after deadly club fire (Jan '14) Jan '14 Abu Mohammed 3
News 3 fascinating World Cup cities in Brazil (Dec '13) Dec '13 oleg wolwacz 1
News Banner on Parkinson Building (Leeds) steps in s... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ahmed 2
News Delays reported in upgrading Brazil World Cup a... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Biz be4 people 1
More from around the web