Brazil police battle Bush protesters

Brazil police battle Bush protesters

There are 9 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Brazil police battle Bush protesters. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Police clashed Thursday with Brazilians protesting a visit by President Bush and his push for an ethanol energy alliance, while dozens of students in Colombia showed their opposition by lobbing rocks and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Lance Winslow

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2007
They really love Bush. It's just a press mistake, durn them liberal press folks.
Pointing finger

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2007
"Brazil greets Bush great Enthusiasm" Vs "Bush visit cause Riots"

It must be those slick democrates again. No bet it is Clinton... Rove where are you????

They painted the walls in honor of Bush's visit. I see on tv, riot police.

This will be turned into "Brazil greets the Presidents vistit with great Enthusiasm
Lance Winslow

Hayward, CA

#3 Mar 9, 2007
Yes.
Now he's winning hearts and souls in Uruguey a key player in middle eastern politics as well as oil.

More protests in Montevideo than support.

Figure maybe they know something in Brazil and Uruguey that American voters missed in 2004 ?
Pointing finger

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2007
Wonder what real coverage is? Our media is basically silent.

The talking points will go out...Blame the democrates for the riots, or Bill Clinton...now Chevez...sure Georgie....got that tin-foil Magical Thinking Cap on?

lets see Scooter Libby convicted Felon...VP gave him taking points...to out Valerie...The PREZ declassified her CIA status so by the letter of the law they could say, "If anyone in my administration has broken the law...."

Creeps, Liars, slick dicks. A pox on them all.
Ohioman

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2007
I would like to add that the problem that we are facing in America is call fascism; Corporations are the only ones been benefited for our government decisions. Furthermore as an American I believe that we need to stop with the non-sense criticism about foreign governments like Chavez since we all know that whatever that is that our press feed us is always fabricated to be politically correct therefore not very reliable. Now for that guy that asks himself why everybody hates us the answer is: Not for our freedom! You can protest in almost everywhere else overseas without getting arrested or bully by a fellow American since protesting peacefully is your right, try doing the same here in the US. I love America but we’ve learned terrible habits; we are arrogant, racist and bullies. I don’t think that the problem is the rest of the world, we are the problem! Can you imagine if you are so self centered that you believe that everybody else is always wrong? That’s what we do! We have to change, learn that different color of skin, background or religion does not mean inferior, it means: another fellow American that you should love and help if you have the opportunity to do so. Remember: What goes around comes around. We have to stop with that let’s get to war way of thinking, we still have a whole bunch of Americans that are homeless as result of the Vietnam war, forgotten by our beautiful American government, this is what is also going to happen with a lot of nice Americans that will comeback from Iraq. They will be forgotten, if you don’t believe me! Go to New Orleans and check out the Katrina victims, forgotten by our government. Don’t forget to stop by the VA hospital (HEART BREAKING!) So here is my question for all of you, why are we so arrogant? We have the courage to say that we are saving Iraqi lives, here is what I think; we are either to nice to the Iraqis or this war was created for the benefit of Halliburton and other American corporations. We can help the Iraqis but we can’t help New Orleans (Fellow Americans)? Sounds fishy! Thanks and please forgive me in advance, this is not directed to a specific person, only something to think about. If we love our country we have to be reasonable.
get a life

El Cajon, CA

#7 Mar 10, 2007
Those brazilian college seekers, better not be allowed in the USA. We have a small community of Brazilians here, looking for the goodlife. Yeah, hypocrites of the world, you hate us, but love coming here.
get a life

El Cajon, CA

#8 Mar 10, 2007
Ohioman wrote:
I would like to add that the problem that we are facing in America is call fascism; Corporations are the only ones been benefited for our government decisions. Furthermore as an American I believe that we need to stop with the non-sense criticism about foreign governments like Chavez since we all know that whatever that is that our press feed us is always fabricated to be politically correct therefore not very reliable. Now for that guy that asks himself why everybody hates us the answer is: Not for our freedom! You can protest in almost everywhere else overseas without getting arrested or bully by a fellow American since protesting peacefully is your right, try doing the same here in the US. I love America but we’ve learned terrible habits; we are arrogant, racist and bullies. I don’t think that the problem is the rest of the world, we are the problem! Can you imagine if you are so self centered that you believe that everybody else is always wrong? That’s what we do! We have to change, learn that different color of skin, background or religion does not mean inferior, it means: another fellow American that you should love and help if you have the opportunity to do so. Remember: What goes around comes around. We have to stop with that let’s get to war way of thinking, we still have a whole bunch of Americans that are homeless as result of the Vietnam war, forgotten by our beautiful American government, this is what is also going to happen with a lot of nice Americans that will comeback from Iraq. They will be forgotten, if you don’t believe me! Go to New Orleans and check out the Katrina victims, forgotten by our government. Don’t forget to stop by the VA hospital (HEART BREAKING!) So here is my question for all of you, why are we so arrogant? We have the courage to say that we are saving Iraqi lives, here is what I think; we are either to nice to the Iraqis or this war was created for the benefit of Halliburton and other American corporations. We can help the Iraqis but we can’t help New Orleans (Fellow Americans)? Sounds fishy! Thanks and please forgive me in advance, this is not directed to a specific person, only something to think about. If we love our country we have to be reasonable.
Ever heard of helping yourself? didn't think so.
terry

United States

#9 Mar 10, 2007
Priest to Purify Site After Bush Visit it is a topix forum post. You will love it.
terry

United States

#11 Mar 10, 2007
oops go to offbeat forum to see:Priest to Purify Site After Bush Visit....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latin Americans Cheering For Each Other _ For Now (Jun '14) Jul '14 Zanoni 2
News In southern Brazil, Germany gets World Cup support (Jul '14) Jul '14 UruEuWauWau 2
News Infants' Rotting Teeth Tied To Long-Term Breast... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Bruce Vafa DDS 1
News Brazil no safer a year after deadly club fire (Jan '14) Jan '14 Abu Mohammed 3
News 3 fascinating World Cup cities in Brazil (Dec '13) Dec '13 oleg wolwacz 1
News Banner on Parkinson Building (Leeds) steps in s... (Oct '13) Oct '13 ahmed 2
News Delays reported in upgrading Brazil World Cup a... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Biz be4 people 1
More from around the web