Obama says coalition prepared to act ...

Obama says coalition prepared to act in Libya

There are 21 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Obama says coalition prepared to act in Libya. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

With American military forces poised for action, President Barack Obama said Saturday that the United States and its allies are prepared to act with urgency to end violence against civilians in Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bird

Billings, MT

#1 Mar 19, 2011
I wonder who told him, those "allies" got tired of waiting for his indecision and flip flopping and went on without him. They're getting the job done and he's campaigning in between golf and vacations.
Dean

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2011
I'm hot under the collar about all of this. I voted for Obama to send a message to that war monger who preceded him and because Barack promised to get us out of all wars. Now he's turned on his supporters and authorized the use of military force. He betrayed his supporters and is no better than all the other war mongers.
Hope and Change

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 19, 2011
Dean wrote:
I'm hot under the collar about all of this. I voted for Obama to send a message to that war monger who preceded him and because Barack promised to get us out of all wars. Now he's turned on his supporters and authorized the use of military force. He betrayed his supporters and is no better than all the other war mongers.
Yep....should of been more careful who you voted for. I myself voted for JOHN MADDEN as a write-in because I couldn't stomach voting for either McCain or O-bomb-'um.
Hope and Change

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 19, 2011
Dean wrote:
...I voted for Obama to send a message to that war monger who preceded him ....
Bush wasn't running in 2008.

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#5 Mar 19, 2011
Dean wrote:
Lol! You were an Obama Zombie, just like the rest of them!!! Holy cow, I'm actually loving this. All you war hating liberal idiots voted this fool into office. A limp noodle could do the job he's doing.
American

Pasadena, CA

#6 Mar 19, 2011
Bird wrote:
I wonder who told him, those "allies" got tired of waiting for his indecision and flip flopping and went on without him. They're getting the job done and he's campaigning in between golf and vacations.
Good, let those European morons get the job done without us! Obama must be a mental case to get us involved in yet another Arab war.
Frito Bandito

United States

#7 Mar 19, 2011
flywatt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! You were an Obama Zombie, just like the rest of them!!! Holy cow, I'm actually loving this. All you war hating liberal idiots voted this fool into office. A limp noodle could do the job he's doing.
If Qaddafi is a "strongman", what does that make Obamadinajad? I will say "wuss", but the reality is much worse than that. Maybe we could get Qaddafi to tell Obama, "if you step down for the GOOD of your country, I will step down for the good of mine". Then maybe we could also get Mr Mubarak of Egypt to put in a word for US also. He, without a doubt puts Jimmy Carter into second place for the absolute worst President we have ever had. The Japanese are maybe just hours away from a nuclear melt-down, half-million or more homeless in shelters, thousands dead, thousands more missing, thousands hungry, cold, no food,no water. Obama starts another shooting war with an Arab, Muslim country. Who are these "rebels", he's defending, protecting?? Hezbollah, Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, WHO? Does he know, have any idea at all of the consequences? Of course not, he's clueless as always. So where is he now? On another VACATION. When **it is falling apart, the problems get tough, this ***hole takes a vacation. IF it's not a VACATION, then why are MO and the kids with him? Free travel at our expense. What's in Rio besides Latina Chicas? Taking Mo there is like taking a veggie burger to a $100 steak dinner.
Amy Stellwagen

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 19, 2011
Obama has handled the situation in Libya very well; he waited for the UN to pass a resolution and has a coalition against Kaddafy AND is not committing U.S. troops.
Why would anyone argue against that? You shouldn't and you can't.

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#9 Mar 19, 2011
Amy Stellwagen wrote:
Obama has handled the situation in Libya very well; he waited for the UN to pass a resolution and has a coalition against Kaddafy AND is not committing U.S. troops.
Hasn't commited U.S. troops, yet. He will. Besides... Qaddafi's already come out and said he will use the Mediterranian as a naval battle field. Just because troops aren't on the ground, doesn't mean they're safe. Nowhere to run in a naval battle.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#10 Mar 19, 2011
I have a dream not to be obama or Dalai lama
Bird

Billings, MT

#11 Mar 19, 2011
Amy Stellwagen wrote:
Yup, in typical Obama fashion he voted "Present" then headed to Rio for a vacation from all the stress of not making any decisions.
Homer

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 19, 2011
MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA:'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH:'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'...

Cologne- Germany

#14 Mar 19, 2011
Any idiot can get elected with some slogans.
Life is not rosy for so0me of US
Cowboy

United States

#15 Mar 19, 2011
Who's going to pay for the U.S. involvement in an other War? We are going through a recession in this country, we are broke, federal education programs are being cut. Health services for the poor are being cut, and it's not only for the illegals either.
Obamas Printing Press

Pasadena, CA

#16 Mar 20, 2011
Cowboy wrote:
Who's going to pay for the U.S. involvement in an other War? We are going through a recession in this country, we are broke, federal education programs are being cut. Health services for the poor are being cut, and it's not only for the illegals either.
Why worry? Obama has a printing press, and a credit card from China with no limit!!:)
cowgirl888

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 20, 2011
Cowboy wrote:
My thoughts exactly! I like your screen name, btw.
All we hear about in the news is how so many states are on such tight budgets and all the belt-tightening they're having to do. Wait, didn't Obama talk about federal budget cuts too?
It's too bad we can't have a nice high-speed train system like China does. I guess that would be too expensive or something (and automakers and oil companies won't let it happen). China can afford it because they stay out of foreign affairs like that and don't run up trillions on wars that they don't even need to be involved in.
Terence

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2011
cowgirl888 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly! I like your screen name, btw.
All we hear about in the news is how so many states are on such tight budgets and all the belt-tightening they're having to do. Wait, didn't Obama talk about federal budget cuts too?
It's too bad we can't have a nice high-speed train system like China does. I guess that would be too expensive or something (and automakers and oil companies won't let it happen). China can afford it because they stay out of foreign affairs like that and don't run up trillions on wars that they don't even need to be involved in.
I hate these high speed rails. They look nice and sound nice but they're no dun to ride on. I took one in Japan last year and they didn't even have cocktail service, if you can believe that. If they'd told me in advance, I would have snuck my own bottle on board.

Cologne- Germany

#19 Mar 21, 2011
It is not Obama's mistake but USA's system right from the birth is contaminated with corrupt crooks.
Flags

Dreams
Wars
Torture
aggression
Bible
Guns
Rey

AOL

#20 Mar 21, 2011
Amy, just wait until an American oilot is hot down or they take an American civilian hostage.

Whether you like it or not, he has just committed the US into another war. The bill at the end of the month will explain it all.

And you know how the Arabs and French are, one day theyre with you and the next, sticking it to you.

Cologne- Germany

#21 Mar 21, 2011
My humble request to Obama.
Please risk your life and CHANGE and lead.
Be not a doll of the old corrupt system which is......
It is not my country nor you can wash my feet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goias, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vídeo de sexo https://youtu.be/vbyOIS8ltw4 Aug '16 Woodman 1
para o sexo livre chamar ligação Cilda649994988... Aug '16 Woodman 1
News Brazil's lower house begins presidential impeac... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jim 1
News Spooky: Conference Scheduled On UFO Sightings I... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vicky 1
News Brazil graft cases: Beginning of impunity's end? (Dec '14) Feb '15 clickjogos 3
News Brazil: Evangelical lawmakers worry gay activists (Oct '14) Dec '14 jogos friv 2 4
News Airline Tweaks Flight Number After Psychic Pred... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Parden Pard 1
More from around the web