Chile Quake Moves City More Than 10 Feet

Mar 9, 2010 | Posted by: lwisser | Full story: edition.cnn.com

The magnitude-8.8 earthquake that rocked the west coast of Chile last month was violent enough to move the city of Concepcion at least 10 feet to the west and the capital, Santiago, about 11 inches to the west-southwest, researchers said.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2010
Mercer Island

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

Judged:

Its all relative.
We are spinning round (Moving) at about a thousand miles per hour and then the whole galaxy is hurling through space even faster.
When 10 feet of movement is most interesting is when a faultline cuts through a stadium or large building.
shaking heaven

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Judged:

i hope Chile and Alaska sees this as divine warning since capitol was moved 11 inches to the west

Hbr 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Eze 27:28 The suburbs shall shake at the sound of the cry of thy pilots.

Amo 9:1 I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Since: Aug 09

Pretoria, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Some people need to be shaken from their beliefs in religious tripe . . . nuff said . . .
Sad

Milton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/03/ear...

Related Topix: South America, Chile, Earthquake, Natural Disasters, Brazil, University of Memphis, Greenbelt, MD, Science / Technology, Space
haa

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Wow. I'm shocked at what the Chile quake did! I feel bad for all the people that live there. Some may not even have homes!
Try to help those people.

“Come into my Parlour”

Since: Jul 09

Santiago, Chile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

shaking heaven wrote:
i hope Chile and Alaska sees this as divine warning since capitol was moved 11 inches to the west
Hbr 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Eze 27:28 The suburbs shall shake at the sound of the cry of thy pilots.
Amo 9:1 I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Close the door when you leave, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fortaleza, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapshot: Another Brazilian Football Pitch That... May '14 UruEuWauWau 1
Delays reported in upgrading Brazil World Cup a... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Biz be4 people 1
Brazil's Airport Workers on Strike: Daily (Aug '13) Oct '13 mark45 2
Second contingent of Cuban doctors arrives in B... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Armandito 6
Reasoning amid riots (Jul '13) Jul '13 UruEuWauWau 2
Caša e Pesca (Dec '12) Dec '12 Unhappy 1
Jennifer Lopez shows off her trim figure in a s... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Rb RECORDS 1

Search the Fortaleza, Brazil Forum:
•••