Amazon clearance 'at lowest level'

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Independent.ie

A forest in the Amazon is illegally burnt on the outskirts of Novo Progresso in the northern Brazilian state of Para Annual destruction of the Amazon rainforest fell to its lowest recorded level this year, Brazilian authorities said, hailing an enforcement crackdown for the drop.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2012
Roblogger

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Dec 5, 2011
When does it stop being cleared?. Obviously God knew better. And when does the government support a policy of the polluters paying forested nations so they can support their populations without committing the suicide of environmental destruction?. One third of American children live in poverty; this is the growth jobs and development goal you are achieving?.
UruEuWauWau

France

#2 Dec 16, 2011
It has to be stopped, not just reduced. Some corrupted immigrant thieves still believe BRA is their realest8, & not the land of BRA Amerindians 1st, & then of all other BRA peeps. ;-P Cadeia nele & vamo mata u bishaum! A'soh!
nassau

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#3 Jan 1, 2012
bioethanol exports is the best solution against the end of oil. brazilian sugar cane is what the world wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brasilia, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biden to meet with Brazil leader on World Cup trip May '14 UruEuWauWau 1
Why Wal-Mart Hasn't Conquered Brazil May '14 UruEuWauWau 1
a Venezuela's Maduro left alone to deal with pr... (Feb '14) Mar '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Not poles apart (Feb '14) Feb '14 Clear Dharma 1
UPDATE 1-Vale may sell Brazil potash project on... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dr of Prosperity 2
Destruction of Brazil's Amazon jumps 28 percent (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
More Cuban doctors due in Brazil to work in poo... (Nov '13) Nov '13 mojoncito povero ... 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brasilia, Brazil People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••