Obama Seeks To Reset Relationship Wit...

Obama Seeks To Reset Relationship With Brazil

There are 44 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Obama Seeks To Reset Relationship With Brazil. In it, WFMZ reports that:

When President Barack Obama lands in this modern city in Brazil's high plains, he will be looking to reset a relationship with an emerging economic power that even without being hostile has annoyed Washington with its independent ways.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jay

Slatington, PA

#1 Mar 19, 2011
Wow !! He's going for political work....Hannity and Rush said he was just going on a family vacation yesterday on the radio.....I like to listen to their "spin"..It makes me laugh !!!!
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#2 Mar 19, 2011
Jay wrote:
Wow !! He's going for political work....Hannity and Rush said he was just going on a family vacation yesterday on the radio.....I like to listen to their "spin"..It makes me laugh !!!!
I agree - their clutching at their hate straws without understanding the issues is so laughable it scares my dog!
TedsLiver

Antioch, CA

#3 Mar 19, 2011
Some good golf course down there.
Commie Dirtbag

Anonymous Proxy

#7 Mar 19, 2011
Jay wrote:
You should start laughing at yourself.

He's taking wife and mother-in-law with him.
Otis B Driftwood

Milford, CT

#8 Mar 19, 2011
Tourist-In-Chief. He and Nero have alot in common.

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#9 Mar 19, 2011
Ya think maybe he is going there to back out of the oil deal he made with our billions or to ask Sorus to hurry up and start drilling? Or to finalize the oil deal he made with their government to allow them to access to the Gulf of Mexico?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2011
I think Michelle is a float in the parade down there. I hear a Brazilian brass band will ride her butt and play "Hail to the Thief" as she wallers down mainstreet.
beautifaul brazil

Spring Valley, NY

#11 Mar 19, 2011
it tzo beautfil
Knox

East Berlin, CT

#12 Mar 19, 2011
We gave billions so Brazil could drill for oil.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...

dependent AGAIN! Meanwhile, talk continues to cut programs in the USA.

Stop giving money to foreign countries, while cutting back on American citizens.

And how man hanger-ons accompanied the Obamas? Give a count. That includes Grandma.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#13 Mar 19, 2011
US administrations have long ignored building stronger (political, economic, cultural) ties with Latin America. China on the other hand saw the robust economic growth and took advantage. China's trade with Latin American countries has surged over the past few years weakening our economic relationship there. In effect they’ve overtaking the United States as Brazil's biggest trading partner. The Chinese have established a firm toehold nudging us of the way.
Obama’s trip there hopefully will get the ball rolling again and prevent losing any more key economic opportunities.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#15 Mar 19, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - their clutching at their hate straws without understanding the issues is so laughable it scares my dog!
THEIR clutching at their hate straws without understanding the issues????

could be the single dumbest post you've written..and, lambchop, you have written some REALLY dumb posts.

not ONLY am i SURE, with all the access you have to news, and news makers, YOU have a much better understanding of the issues, but, you NEVER spew hatred, divisiveness or elitist scorn...right?

oh, wait, YOU watch npr!
i forgot.
then, CERTAINLY, you are much better informed, and have every right to your arrogance!

you are TRULY a friggin' idiot!

usa

#16 Mar 19, 2011
Commie Dirtbag wrote:
<quoted text>
You should start laughing at yourself.
He's taking wife and mother-in-law with him.
facts?
left wing loons don't need no stinking facts!
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#17 Mar 19, 2011
how bout going over to Lybia and "reseting" our relationship with Lybia....

Nope......that would take......SKILL.

obama doesn't know what to do when BRIBES won't work.....

usa

#18 Mar 19, 2011
Tony wrote:
how bout going over to Lybia and "reseting" our relationship with Lybia....
Nope......that would take......SKILL.
obama doesn't know what to do when BRIBES won't work.....
obama is going to brazil because george soros TOLD him to go to brazil...you can bet your lucky stars, barry has his script in hand, and will do and say exactly what mr soros wrote.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#19 Mar 19, 2011
Jay wrote:
The man from Kenya needs some kind of a cover story for his famiy vacation to Brazil at taxpayer expense.

And what a family.

His entourage of freeloaders includes not only the wife and kids, but the mother-in-law and a godmother who isn't really related to the family at all.
Whitebred

Rockland, DE

#20 Mar 19, 2011
Apparently, not everyone is looking forward to the obama's visit http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/03/18/...
wow

Northampton, PA

#21 Mar 19, 2011
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
obama is going to brazil because george soros TOLD him to go to brazil...you can bet your lucky stars, barry has his script in hand, and will do and say exactly what mr soros wrote.
Right on! Soros has money invested there in oil!!! The web of lies this adminstration weaves and the liberal media covers up is amazing! Wonder what this little vacation is going to end up costing us taxpayers once again?
Knox

East Berlin, CT

#22 Mar 19, 2011
This is a vacation on the taxpayer dime.

Why would a President take his two children, wife, mother in law and god mother to S America when it is so dangerous that he has canceled his speech and press conference there?

It's a VACATION, while America now enters its THIRD WAR.

DISGUSTED!
Al Sharpton

Tampa, FL

#23 Mar 19, 2011
obama: "fore"
Al Sharpton

Tampa, FL

#24 Mar 19, 2011
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
Tourist-In-Chief. He and Nero have alot in common.
you mean Nero had gay/nambla sex & smoked too?!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brasilia, Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brazil's lower house begins presidential impeac... Apr '16 Jim 1
News Spooky: Conference Scheduled On UFO Sightings I... Mar '16 Vicky 1
News Brazil graft cases: Beginning of impunity's end? (Dec '14) Feb '15 clickjogos 3
News Brazil: Evangelical lawmakers worry gay activists (Oct '14) Dec '14 jogos friv 2 4
News Airline Tweaks Flight Number After Psychic Pred... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Parden Pard 1
News Brazil Stock ETF Tumbles Most in Three Years on... (Oct '14) Oct '14 UruEuWauWau 2
Please Help (Sep '14) Sep '14 Frances 1
More from around the web