Obama says coalition prepared to act in Libya | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

President Barack Obama authorized limited military action against Libya Saturday, saying Moammar Gadhafi's continued assault on his own people left the U.S. and its international partners with no other choice.
Comments
141 - 159 of 159 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2011
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

californio wrote:
I feel sorry for Obama on this issue.
First the French all but force him to take a stand on Libya when he would have preferred to sit back and watch.
And now that the French have forced the Issue the leftist are going to yell and scream at Obama as that great SOCIALIST hero , Omar Gaddafi is attacked by NATO
It is hard to feel sorry for someone who bit off more than they could chew. It is an embarassing being led by the French. This situation as with a few other situations just highlights the fact that he wasn't really ready for that 3am call. Just saying.
Dogtown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gleek wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on this holier than thou post of yours.
hardly. If you can't throw in some punctuation and make sentences, don't post. You just dumb down everyone else.
John Blutarsky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

whyruacon wrote:
there is no declaring it ok for obama to go to war. however to be trivial and ask why is it ok now ? it is just a vain attempt to justify the actions of a bumbling idiot,GW Bush. Im betting china will not fund this war or police act whatever.The cons have made our debt very unatractive for the rest of the world to buy.
Cretin.
hamburger pimp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Mar 21, 2011
 
Moving to South Carolina wrote:
<quoted text> If you Don't like it - THEN GET THE HELL OUT !
He should get the hell out of Cologne, Germany?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

HowRad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to feel sorry for someone who bit off more than they could chew. It is an embarassing being led by the French. This situation as with a few other situations just highlights the fact that he wasn't really ready for that 3am call. Just saying.
Well, French Prime Minister Sarkozy has called Obama an empty suite and Immmature and thinks Obama is a wimp And when the French think you are a wimp, well can it get any worse?

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

USA is the one and only country which had exported a product all around the globe which is not produced by USA
(DEMOCRACY DEVOID OF CORPORATE SPONSORED CARNIVAL SHOW.)
Toilets are aplenty
What kind of people are they who risk to go out of their countries to kill, maim, torture, rape and give some soup to sip?
How come all of the humanity is so passive?
Are there any nelson?
Mlak
Mahathma
Mother T
KarlMarx?

Most of the criminas have a lovel life while 90 percent of the people seek some hope and CHNGE
Recovery Spring

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Ramafuchs wrote:
USA is the one and only country which had exported a product all around the globe which is not produced by USA
(DEMOCRACY DEVOID OF CORPORATE SPONSORED CARNIVAL SHOW.)
Toilets are aplenty
What kind of people are they who risk to go out of their countries to kill, maim, torture, rape and give some soup to sip?
How come all of the humanity is so passive?
Are there any nelson?
Mlak
Mahathma
Mother T
KarlMarx?
Most of the criminas have a lovel life while 90 percent of the people seek some hope and CHNGE
Bite me you loser

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Bush(USA)
I am not with you nor you are qualified to spread decency, duty, discipline or decorum..
I am fed up to live in a place where war is culture. Consumption is the norm and easy -chair intellectuals perpetuate the injustice..
I feel so disappointed with this guy

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pity
There are are people who DREAM and expect some CHANGE without HOPE
Where are those computeter intellectuals?
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

californio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, French Prime Minister Sarkozy has called Obama an empty suite and Immmature and thinks Obama is a wimp And when the French think you are a wimp, well can it get any worse?
It is rather embarassing. I still think Obama didn't want to do but was manipulated into doing it, probably told him he would look weak going into 2012 and that got him moving.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The difference between an actor and a politician is this.
An actor pretends when he acts while a polititician acts when he pretends.
But both use TOILETS
GOOD SENSE

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Mar 21, 2011
 
I would like to ask President Obama what he would be doing today?
If the French and British had come to the aid of the American rebels in the American Civil war?
The government (the North) killed more people than any two wars; Overseas Governments should have stepped in, and stopped the massager of the Rebels. The South was devastated burned, pillage, raped destroyed. Just like east Libya.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What will UNO decide now?.
When will the Europeans revolt against the corrupt systems?.
Revolution without biblical blood please.
People in Japan got some blessing from a guy who enjoy his life in Dharmasala and his name is not Obama or Rama but DALAI LAMA
Hypocrisy

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Obama when GW was in charge:

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Hillary when GW was in charge:

"... the Constitution requires Congress to authorize war. I do not believe that the President can take military action -- including any kind of strategic bombing -- against Iran without congressional authorization. That is why I have supported legislation to bar President Bush from doing so and that is also why I think it is irresponsible to suggest, as some have recently, that anything Congress already has enacted provides that authority."

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Mar 21, 2011
 
Obama
Please quit your job if you cannot lead..
There are umpteen idiots to occupy the TOILET HOUSE.
I aam Ramafuchs
june

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Mar 21, 2011
 
SPA77 wrote:
Wonder how many people that blather on about our horrible dependence on oil ride only public transportation, ride a bike or walk everywhere they go?
i wonder how many idiots know where we get most of our oil from?the press trying to justify obamas action have people who never dig but listen to these fools believe lybia has a bearing on oil prices.this is pure bull shlt.how many know that canada,mexico and venezula are the top 3 imports of our oil?lybias oil amount is so small they arent even shown in the top twenty!try and find another excuse for attacking lybia.the press hides the fact that gadaffi has many supporters for him!iran is a much bigger threat than lybia but the arab league and the u.n.are scared shitless of themm!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Ramafuchs wrote:
Obama
Please quit your job if you cannot lead..
There are umpteen idiots to occupy the TOILET HOUSE.
I aam Ramafuchs
Ramafuchs. since you tend to be polite for a leftist Im going to give you a lesson from history.
Back in the late 70's many on the far left thought President Jimmy Carter was to far right, calling him a fascist for sending arms to the rebels in Afghanistan and boycotting the Moscow Olympics and letting the Shah come to the US for Medical treatment.
And they wanted Carter gone. And then they got their wish and Reagan was elected and was president for the next 8 years.
Now many of us here in the USA think Obama weak and indecisive and we want him replaced.
But I dont think you are going to like his replacement come 2012
Pollytick Chick

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

SPA77 wrote:
Wonder how many people that blather on about our horrible dependence on oil ride only public transportation, ride a bike or walk everywhere they go?
....or have any idea that virtually everything they use in their everyday lives originated with crude oil.... or that their electric cars are charged by coal-fired power plants.... or have come up with a viable alternative energy source other than oil.... or (should I go on?)

http://www.pollytickchick.blogspot.com
Recovery Spring

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

californio wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramafuchs. since you tend to be polite for a leftist Im going to give you a lesson from history.
Back in the late 70's many on the far left thought President Jimmy Carter was to far right, calling him a fascist for sending arms to the rebels in Afghanistan and boycotting the Moscow Olympics and letting the Shah come to the US for Medical treatment.
And they wanted Carter gone. And then they got their wish and Reagan was elected and was president for the next 8 years.
Now many of us here in the USA think Obama weak and indecisive and we want him replaced.
But I dont think you are going to like his replacement come 2012
Ronald Reagan was one of the best Presidents in the history of the USA. A true leader. We'd do well to have his kind of leadership again to correct the course from the socialist we have in office today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brasilia, Brazil Discussions

Search the Brasilia, Brazil Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Biden to meet with Brazil leader on World Cup trip May '14 UruEuWauWau 1
Why Wal-Mart Hasn&#x27;t Conquered Brazil May '14 UruEuWauWau 1
a Venezuela's Maduro left alone to deal with pr... Mar '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Not poles apart Feb '14 Clear Dharma 1
UPDATE 1-Vale may sell Brazil potash project on... Feb '14 Dr of Prosperity 2
Destruction of Brazil's Amazon jumps 28 percent (Nov '13) Nov '13 just a guy i knew 1
More Cuban doctors due in Brazil to work in poo... (Nov '13) Nov '13 mojoncito povero cherokee 12
•••
•••