Malignaggi Throws Down Trilogy Offer ...

Malignaggi Throws Down Trilogy Offer To Ricky Hatton

There are 1 comment on the Boxing Scene story from Aug 2, 2012, titled Malignaggi Throws Down Trilogy Offer To Ricky Hatton. In it, Boxing Scene reports that:

Former two division champion Ricky Hatton has been in the news lately. An article that was recently published by BoxingScene.com states that Hatton has been back in the gym and may be interested in a comeback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boxing Scene.

Ray Comeau

Saint John, Canada

#1 Aug 3, 2012
If Ricky Hatton is serious about fighting Paulie Malignaggi, I suggest he ( Hatton) have a tune up bout before he gets in the ring with Malignaggi.

Unlike at least one of the commentators on this site, I see Malignaggi as a formidable boxer, who would avoid Hatton's desperation rushes with clever side to side movement, while countering with point scoring flurries.

Three years is a long time to be out of boxing. Add to that the probability, that Hatton is still recovering from drug addiction. Also, Hatton needs time to recover from weight loss.

If Hatton decides to fight Malignaggi anytime soon, depending on the negotiated catch weight , I would tend to see Malignaggi winning a unanimous decision. I also think both fighters would be cut up in such a match. Good luck to both of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welterweight Boxing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amir Khan: After My Return Fight - I Want Lamon... Sep 14 After phartss 2
News No Angel, Thurman Didna t Run. The Onus Was on ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Onus Pharter 2
News NOW Lamont 'Havoc' Peterson Gets Title Shot? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Getspharts 2
News Photos: Miguel Cotto, James Kirkland - Go Face ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 shabbyshoes 1
News Hearn: Brook Asked Me To Get Gennady Golovkin F... (Feb '16) Oct '16 emonsaidul 5
News Danny Garcia Hits Back at Keith Thurman With Sn... (Jul '16) Jul '16 shabbyshoes 1
News Thurman outpoints Porter to defend WBA welterwe... (Jun '16) Jun '16 shabbyshoes 1
More from around the web