Paul Malignaggi vs Adrien Broner

Paul Malignaggi vs Adrien Broner

Posted in the Boxing Forum

Since: Jun 13

London, England

#1 Jun 22, 2013
On Saturday 22 June, the world of boxing will breathe a collective sigh of relief when Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7kos) and Adrien Broner (26-0, 22kos) finally put aside months of verbal sparring, and settle hostilities in a ring, with their gloves on. When Malignaggi defends his WBA world welterweight championship against Broner, at the Barclays Centre Brooklyn, New York, it will be the culmination of one of the most ill tempered build-ups to a fight for many a year. This fight has been built upon a cascade of venom and insults from both sides, which has taken the usual pre-fight trash talk down to new depths.

Behind the rather distasteful trash-talk, that in reality, has not endeared either fighter to the fans, this match represents the first real ‘test’ for Broner, in his efforts to reach the next level as an elite boxer. The pressure is on Broner not just to win, but also to look special in this fight. A hard won, or closely contested victory would not fit easily into his often-projected profile of a pound-for-pound king in waiting. Read more at:

http://theboxingglove.blogspot.com/2013/06/pa...

Follow me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TheBoxingGlove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boxing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll How Would You Improve USA Boxing! Amateur & Pro! (Sep '08) Sun JohnWilkinson 156
News Dave Bautista -- 'Pacquiao's An F'ing Idiot' ..... (Feb '16) Feb 13 OnPhartce 9
News NOW Lamont 'Havoc' Peterson Gets Title Shot? Feb 8 Getspharts 2
News Cleric says its OK to rape your wife (Jan '09) Feb 5 Phart Like a Priest 193
News Carl Frampton loses WBA featherweight title in ... Feb 1 TitlePharts 2
News UFC 207 -- Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes: Predi... Jan '17 do it hard 1
News BoxingScene 2016 Prospect of The Year - Luis Nery Jan '17 ManatheDada 1
More from around the web