Who would win,....Duran vs. Mayweather

Who would win,....Duran vs. Mayweather

Created by bohart on Apr 12, 2013

7 votes

Click on an option to vote

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 1, 2013
Duran was a different level of a fighter that Mayweather has ever faced. Mayweather has the advantage in speed and along with a wider skillset. Duran has the edge in power, instincs, and workrate. Floyd had good footwork but he wouldn't be fast enough to get away from Duran. His defense would ensure that he doesn't get knocked out. The problem is that Floyd's offense would not be enough to win the rounds as he isn't throwing as much as his opponent and Duran's head movement and ability to read punches would mean Floyd is gonna have a hard time trying to hit him clean. If we look at Duran-Leonard II we see Duran quit. He was slow and he didn't want to fight Leonard who was clowning. No other fighter could have done this to Duran except Leonard so I wouldn't count on Mayweather doing the same because he isn't Leonard. mayweather has had some trouble against inside fighters who weren't even close to Duran's level. I see a tough back and forth fight between Duran and Mayweather with Duran emerging as the clear victor. The key factor that decides the victor is quality of opposition. The quality of opposition on Mayweather's resume is below that of Duran's and so he would be able to fight a level higher than Mayweather as both of them try to impliment their strategies. Roberto's effective agression using feints while defensively moving his head will be more impressive and get the nod from the judges. Mayweather can defend all he wants, but if he cannot attack effectively and pile ahead on points, then he loses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boxing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hearn: Brook Asked Me To Get Gennady Golovkin F... (Feb '16) Oct 2 emonsaidul 5
News Indonesian Police Hope to Ban Grindr, Scruff, A... Sep '16 lgbt is silly 1
olympics boxing live Aug '16 Debby 2
News Tyson Fury in new Twitter row with Barry McGuigan Aug '16 anasbaig 4
Boxing For 52-56 Year old Men (Nov '13) Aug '16 anasbaig 10
Who wants to fight me? (Aug '06) Aug '16 anasbaig 4
Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook On Sep 10 Jul '16 boxinglatestnews 1
More from around the web