Boxing For 52-56 Year old Men

Boxing For 52-56 Year old Men

Posted in the Boxing Forum

CUGE

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2013
I'm 53 years old and seeking help on how to start a Boxing League for this age group. Any info and/or sponsors interested, trainers interested, please if anybody thinks there's a market for this I am very serious on being trained to fight. Please serious replies only.
Tony

Killeen, TX

#2 Dec 6, 2013
same age, "Go for it", takes guts...
CUGE

United States

#3 Dec 7, 2013
Tony wrote:
same age, "Go for it", takes guts...
Tony you got that right but it also takes other guys that want this as well. If you would be interested or know of anybody I guess that would be a start.
NO PROFESSIONALS I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN THE 1ST FIGHT

But there's got to be someone out there who's willing to train and then set a date. C'mon somebody who has the power to get this on. People would watch I know they would.
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#4 Sep 3, 2014
I'm >58< and ON A RETURN/ something I began on 3.1.13. Saoul Mamby was the oldest all time as far as I know. If I can do this, I'll be 2ND oldest A.T. >>my stats<< [verified at] all 53 won 25 losses 27 drawn 1 Ko's/(Rsc) 11 amateur 40 (53) pro 13 (=53) losses/ "stopped" 3 (amateur) 3 (pro) "Down" 4X [40] 6x [13] ARMY V Corp champ (Light welterweight)////Western New England G.G. champ (Same yr Mike Tyson came out, 1983. I'm Light middleweight)
Light welter USED TO = 139 lb & Light middleweight USED TO = 156lb.****comment of Ex world title holder Saoul Mamby, we share > one < common opponent in *Bryan Blakley **I share three (3) Common opponents w/ Roy Jones Jr.
You might be best-off taking the "stress" OFF OF THE AGE......and/ONLY TRY TO DO THAT FOR YOURSELF.
You >must< realize, a "pro" production costs are >steep< even for your smallest possible show!
I am a CONSULTANT/ & a COACH & a BOXER/Retired/ making this "return".
My situation I have -again- "LAID OFF" since early February. I have something "pressing" in which I have to bring law suit/"very important". But, as soon as this "wraps"/OR I AM IN JAIL :)/ "Revolution"!:)/ then I'll continue my boxing return.
George Zimmerman was >one challenge< I had made. Spoke w/Damon Feldman -everything- "nicking" (Damon's last pro match 8-0 he out pointed TERRY CRAWLEY. I fought TERRY/ myself, few months before. Lost 6 r. Dec to him, & he has Goody Petronelli in his CORNER for the match! Terry gave that fame N.E. boxer who stayed distance Vs Sugar Ray Leonard a "good scrap" losing to him on split or majority 10 r. decision)(& he fought Marlon Starling amateur/ & he has a "good résumé")[but, Of my 13 pro, he is the LONE Opp I faced w/ "losing record"][His numbers >close to 50-50< 30 fights ATT]••••IF•••• it could of WENT V. Zimmer/hood it would of been EIGHT/TWO MIN R. I'd YET LIKE! What does someone THINK a "purse" would be here?
I will compete again under a CONTRACT.(I have IKE IBEABUCHI, TOO. HE NOW/ is '41' out of Prison)
Boxing being the "name game" it is...... You tell me a name, I can tell you "value".
I was speaking with ex world holder LIVINGSTONE BRAMBLE. He would be "game"/ possibly/ to do a one or two match return depends what it has I. Ingredients as "offer". The man who DETHRONED Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini all those years ago.
I have recently "reconnected" with the 1977 USAREUR champion Michael Taylor. "Possibly" talk him into a six/two with Livingstone!
I could also match this "idiot" guy/ what's his name? Jay Z., or SOMETHING? He fought Deontay Wildr SPARRING OUT OF RING! I'll know "sweet deal" to offer him! He */* MAY AS WELL GO INTO SOMETHING/ "REAL"/ WHAT A "STUPID" GUY. "Charlie Z." I remember now! Only / guys "mouth" so bad/ we "contract" his language even & I'll have a "penalty" w/ the guy.......fine him $10.00 every "swear" after TWO! Straight out of his PURSE. Plus, have HIM put up a $500.00 "retainer".(The Only thing "good" of him is he gets >many< Internet "hits").
If one of you had connect with TV/ we COULD make V. ZIMMER/Slipper "work"/quickly/we bring it to FAIRBANKS, AK " out of Range" of Protests!*excuse mis-prints please!
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#5 Sep 3, 2014
Damn/ I put a "meaningful" message here and it DOESN'T SHOW/Holy smoke!
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#6 Sep 3, 2014
Retry this [shorter/ WHAT A DISCOURAGER!:(]
:) I am on a comeback since 3.1.13 your "upper limit"! Saoul Mamby was 59 when he lost a 10r decision in the Camen Is. Vs a 50-50 club fighter.
I think you'll be "better served" going for it "independently" of LEAGUE! My all stats are all 53 won 25 losses 27 drawn 1 Ko's/(Rsc) 11 amateur 40 (53) pro 13 (=53) losses/"stopped" 3 (amateur) 3 (pro) "Down" 4X [40] 6x [13] ARMY V Corp champ (Light welterweight = 139 lb "back when")////Western New England G.G. title (1983, same year Mike Tyson "came out". Light middleweight = 156/ "ex-class")
I had tried to make a match V George Zimmer/hood when that STUFF came out about him & "DMX". GUESS PURSES THERE/ EIGHT/TWO'S!
If it could yet "go"/ if TV involved.....we take her to FAIRBANKS, ALASKA. OOW of "mad protest"!:)
I only want it on account the "money". But, "yes" I could SEE how the boy family ALWAYS gonna be "distraught". If I "guessed" though, it maybe the youth *brought it(??). It became a "fashion" to >HATE ZIMMER-LOCK & I just never bought into that! This stuff in Ferguson Missouri now... I "work" in a SMOKE SHOP! It doesn't "go over well" a DUDE/ walking out of the building LIKE THAT GUY "SHOWED". >>and, it "doesn't make any SENCE" the *good reviews the officer has and conduct like how some witnesses SAY!<< But, some even "Political types" who SAY the officer "is going down" w/o even REALLY/YET knowing the FACTS! That's STUPIDITY!
Well.....SORRY TO LOSE 1ST MESSAGE. I hope we can pick this up and have a WORTHWHILE DISCUSSION!
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#7 Sep 3, 2014
^^^^^ "wow"! Message SURPHASED AFTERALL! "GOOD GOD"!:)
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#8 Sep 6, 2014
>>>>>Only professional<<<< <
John Wilkinson

New Britain, CT

#9 Oct 2, 2014
"Hello GUYS!"
Come back to CENTER, PLEASE!:)
I am a Boxer 17 years (only 51 fights)....so....it ISN'T "PIPE DREAMING". But, I really think you can FORGET ABOUT A "LEAGUE" that WAY! Just GO w/ normal Boxing. Get a HOOK on Television. I would like to 'BOX' vs George Zimmerman & we take that to FAIRBANKS, ALASKA YOU >KNOW< won't be PROTESTORS MOVING THAT DISTANCE.
Anyhow, READ ALL I ALREADY INVEST HERE PLEASE. We >>could<< interact. I work at PIZZA and I live in CONNECTICUT. You (anyone) could go to the Topix "How would you Improve Boxing in USA. Amateur and pro" BUT, pick up on Page Seven and you can WRITE TO ME THERE, PERSONALLY. FORGET THE TOPIX TITLE I "DON'T WANT TO TALK GENERALITIES" /THAT BLOG IS MY > personal space< so/ look at it like that yes, I will realize it is kinda "junked up" because it is LONE CONVERSATIONALIST ("smile") but/ I can INTERACT NEW THERE. The "history" of conversation you COULD TAKE IT FROM THE MIDDLE ("What - EVER!") and gain what ever you like YES/ I still KEEP the SAME MIND & PERSPECTIVES!:)
25-27-1 life time boxing Statistics [losing 16 of final 17/ Pro 12 fights/"look at calibrations"/note: I am a Welterweight Boxer/ "Life is a Riddle!" :)]////NOTE CASE UP /THANK >YOU< JOHN WILKINSON
NEW BRITAIN, CONNECTICUT
HOME OF WORLD HQTS OF >STANLEY TOOLS<

I am a proponent of CLEANER CITIES! "PLEASE PATRIOT DON'T LITTER". >>>smokers by and large are consistent LITTER BUGS<<<<

Since: Aug 16

Australia

#10 Aug 4, 2016
You guys are still young and i have some quotes, i would love to dedicate it you.
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest.'Til your good is better and your better is best."
"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can."
"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boxing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll How Would You Improve USA Boxing! Amateur & Pro! (Sep '08) Tue John 157
Jermain Taylor arrested Jul 18 boxing briefs 2
McGregor vs Mayweather Jul 12 NotoriousCMG 1
News Gennady Golovkin will stop Canelo Alvarez May '17 TooPhart 2
News No Angel, Thurman Didna t Run. The Onus Was on ... Mar '17 Onus Pharter 2
News 5 things we learned from Tony Bellew's victory ... Mar '17 Things Phart 1
News Michael Watson was dragged along road in - nigh... Mar '17 Drag Phart 1
More from around the web