Dennis Andries…The Journeyman Who Bec...

Dennis Andries…The Journeyman Who Became a Three-Time World Champion

Posted in the Boxing Forum

Since: Jun 13

London, England

#1 Aug 26, 2013
Boxing is one of the toughest of all physical sports, one where the participants need to be endowed with a range of physical attributes and talents. It is often overlooked how important mental strength is within boxing and how mental and spiritual determination can overcome physical shortcomings. The history of boxing is littered with the broken dreams of men who had the physical talents, but not the crucial mental and spiritual strength, to succeed in the hardest of sports. Often in boxing, it is the strongest of mind, rather than simply the strongest of body, which ultimately triumphs.

Dennis Andries was one such fighter, whose mental strength was the foundation of his tremendous success, in an extraordinary career, which saw him rise from a domestic journeyman who struggled to get fights, to a three-time world light-heavyweight champion. Despite the success and overcoming of more than his fair share of setbacks and rough times, during his career, Andries was to find that he would never gain the kind of recognition and affection with the fans, that some other fighters, who achieved far less…managed to gain. Read More:

http://theboxingglove.blogspot.com/2013/08/de...

If you want to talk about boxing, join me on my Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TheBoxingGlove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boxing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Being a woman means accumulating a lifetime of ... Nov '17 Typical phart 2
News Amir Khan: After My Return Fight - I Want Lamon... Sep '17 After phartss 2
can a former boxer, continue to box after havin... (Sep '08) Sep '17 DaPitbull 10
Poll How Would You Improve USA Boxing! Amateur & Pro! (Sep '08) Jul '17 John 157
Jermain Taylor arrested (Jul '17) Jul '17 boxing briefs 2
McGregor vs Mayweather (Jul '17) Jul '17 NotoriousCMG 1
News Gennady Golovkin will stop Canelo Alvarez (May '17) May '17 TooPhart 2
More from around the web